Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
09-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
Your posts are informative as humourous - you're not a stand-up in your spare time by any chance :p
I tried for a while, but didn't like the traveling. There is nothing funny about Fargo in December.
Since then I've always used humor as a social defuser and defense mechanism.

Though I did not lie when I said I understand your being upset and feeling cheated by Cryptic. Its just that this whole debacle has been settled as far as the Dev's are concerned and we fans of the KDF have to sit and wait now to see what life is given our desires as STO grows in the future.
It sucks but aside from storming the gates of Cryptic in CA (which was proposed at one point) there is really nothing we can do but cancel our subs (if one can) or wait.


and jello. There is always room for jello.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
09-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post


and jello. There is always room for jello.
Awesome another Jello fan.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Perhaps you don't undertand why Klingons are pi55ed off?

Its not just because of the lack of PVE content they started out with it's the lack of actual content irrespective of PVE missions from ships to skins to costumes and everything in between. Discounting the fact that Klingons don't have alot of PVE missions Cryptic insists that Klingons are a PVP faction as the reason they don't have parity with Feds in missions.

OK fair enough I agree with this but where is the PVP content?
How many PVE missions have been developed but why hasn't PVP gameplay been expanded upon?

Theres a clear bias towards PVE content and whilst this is somewhat understandable as PVP'ers are the minority, I would at least expect some PVP development but no .... a broken and then partially fixed queue system is all we got along with a challenge system with no incentive to use.

Klingons and even some Feds expected real open world combat and exciting dynamic STO universe PVP battles, they expected raids on planets, starbases and attacks on systems with epic PVP combat. They expected an open PVP system and an incentives put in place ot encourage this whilst still alllowing for Noobs to grind their mobs in peace as they so wished.

If only cryptic actually developed PVP - into something more than a few limited scenarios currently PVP is like a bad holodeck in STO with no impact on the STO universe...
Oh and how nice it would be if Klingons got equal ship content and ship skins which would make the ship choices on par with Feds but of course thats asking too much as well...

Cryptic with there excuses about how the excelsior and nebula where being developed back at launch and they had approval first ...
Ok so in the future this will mean that for every new FED ship Cyptic releases, simultanously they will provide a Klingon counterpart? because you know they never intended to bias the Feds...
Cryptic will continue to favor the Feds even if the Klingons eventually get their ships by developing Vulcan, Andorian, and god knows how many other FED ships which is evident by the devs postings in those kind of threads.

Sure Klingons would love to hear the Devs say don't worry about this for every FED ship we release we promise to release a Klingon one simultanously but we all know this is a pipedream
Devs are happy to jump straight in and respond to the first FED player thats talks about their content... Like they are the only people that matter ... because the truth is they are

Alot of people subbed to STO with the belief that they were going to get more than a grind experience of cruising around in space and on away missions pressing F several times.
It does not matter how many new PVE missions they make its the same old same old as far as PVE experiences go, utterly batsh*t boring for someone who thrives on PVP. Feds already got enough PVE for them to level comfortably so why not expand on PVP for the benefit of both factions and develop content for PVP gamers?

The Sorry truth is that PVP gamers and Klingons are the minority in the STO community and the puny amount of content in these areas is partly to blame for this.
Nothing has been done to develop any new PVP content or expanded upon it to real open world PVP, content that Feds could experience as well as Klingons or even provide Klingons with ship parity to Feds.
Cryptic undermines the Klingon faction in neglecting to even respond to the countless requests to develop PVP content whilst jumping at every opportunty to respond to FED requests including giving away what were Klingon only features such as cloak and universal BO's to them.

Sorry but Cryptic is not interested in the feedback of PVP players which is evident in the fact the Devs never post in these forums.
I know there is no real point debating this because we all know the direction Cryptic is going but I felt the need to enlighten people who stumble upon this thread.

Cryptic does not care about PVP gamers and I doubt I'll ever see a Dev post proving otherwise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14 So True
09-24-2010, 10:31 AM
No doubt you are right. And the few Cryptic fanboys that pop in here lipping off have zero clue just haw bad it is as a Klingon.
I have been here since Beta and Cryptic has done nothing to help the Klingon experience yet left and right the federation gets more ships, more costumes, and the Klingons get nothing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
09-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame3810
I have been here since Beta and Cryptic has done nothing to help the Klingon experience yet left and right the federation gets more ships, more costumes, and the Klingons get nothing.
Hyperbole. I take it you've taken breaks or not played your Klingons since launch to say Cryptic has done "nothing."

The Klingon experience is still underwhelming but it's far better than at launch (in terms of leveling options)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
09-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I tried for a while, but didn't like the traveling. There is nothing funny about Fargo in December.
Since then I've always used humor as a social defuser and defense mechanism.

Though I did not lie when I said I understand your being upset and feeling cheated by Cryptic. Its just that this whole debacle has been settled as far as the Dev's are concerned and we fans of the KDF have to sit and wait now to see what life is given our desires as STO grows in the future.
It sucks but aside from storming the gates of Cryptic in CA (which was proposed at one point) there is really nothing we can do but cancel our subs (if one can) or wait.


and jello. There is always room for jello.

Why is it I get the feeling I know you from somewhere Roachy.... somethinkg akin to tsm, but still unsure >>.
Must be the jello.


Also in regards to the kling ships, i hope their longterm plans include balancing (ie same build, same player, same style different factions, fed will win... just ask the kdf pvp fleets that broke up over the fact that in comparison, there was.... ah nevermind. BRING ON THE JELLO!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
09-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame3810
No doubt you are right. And the few Cryptic fanboys that pop in here lipping off have zero clue just haw bad it is as a Klingon.
I have been here since Beta and Cryptic has done nothing to help the Klingon experience yet left and right the federation gets more ships, more costumes, and the Klingons get nothing.
Well, not "nothing" - but there has been a trend to sort of brush aside the KDF while developing trinkets and baubles for the Fed consumption (e.g., the recent Vet Reward debacle). I'm hoping, though, that the latest State of the Game signalled a sea-change in that regard at least.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
09-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle
Awesome another Jello fan.
Now we just need to start a thread ranting on the ups and downs of color choices, with fruit or not, carrot slices and why raisins in jello is a bad idea regardless of flavor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
09-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
Why is it I get the feeling I know you from somewhere Roachy.... somethinkg akin to tsm, but still unsure >>.
Must be the jello.


Also in regards to the kling ships, i hope their longterm plans include balancing (ie same build, same player, same style different factions, fed will win... just ask the kdf pvp fleets that broke up over the fact that in comparison, there was.... ah nevermind. BRING ON THE JELLO!
I get the "familiar" thing alot. It was a bonus ,as my old bosses put it, in one of my old proffessions.
I agree that the KDF could use a once-over in ship design to better reflect the ideals and design ideology of a warrior species such as the Klingons and hope it is part of Dstahl proposed revamp of ships in STO.


I also think that pear slices in jello is an abomination to the gospel of jello according to Bill Cosby.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
09-24-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm more of a pudding guy myself
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 AM.