Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
I could say something about the Federation's propensity to stereotype Klingon players, but then that would be neither constructive nor valid.
i play an MMO called STO, not Federation or Klingon.

if not having the new ships for klingons stresses you out...just stop playing until the ships are out. It's just a game,ne? This ressentiment is no fun for anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
i play an MMO called STO, not Federation or Klingon.
Me too. So why the snark?
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Now we just need to start a thread ranting on the ups and downs of color choices, with fruit or not, carrot slices and why raisins in jello is a bad idea regardless of flavor.
I don't care about color, flavor or lack of fruit but I have found that I am much less likely to electrocute myself if I play STO in a kiddie pool full of Jello than one filled with water....or Vodka.

My special helmet doesn't help either way.
I guess I should say something relevant to the thread. Klingons need love too...hard, rough love.
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle
Klingons need love too...hard, rough love.
Rough love that doesn't cost me extra, like that time in Munich with the two midgets and the inflatible raft.

And jello is truelly meant for only one purpose under the Lord Almighty's blue sky.........

to hold the everclear for shooters, a neccassary comodity at any college party.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-25-2010, 01:27 AM
To the OP i feel you pain i have posted many times wanting the klingon faction to be treated
with a fair & kind hand pvp is my main thing.
PvP is what i grind for & i grind a hell of a lot for the new emblems, 6 toons in all to kit out the ships.
lol just ask my kling fleet they call me the emblem hunter

PvP needs a major rework some form of open pvp is required but tbh there are to many
lil girlies playing on the fed side for any kind of serious pvp action to happen.

You see it nearly every day in pvp feddy players that pve all the way to VA 1 then go in to
pvp arena lambs to the slaughter then whine klings are OP.
yet when the klings meet a good fed pvp team this is when you see the real picture
A real fed pvp team even when they are just on having a laugh & messing about
Can & do slaughter the klings with ease this is the disparity in ship power & quality of choice.

Like last night the klingon fleet i am in some times switch to our fed toons for a laugh the T BOATS
i think we did like 5 or 6 arena pvp 4 or 5 of those were against klings.
& the power of federation ships were on full display.
Each game we had at least one pug & we totaly destroyed the klings & this was one ship class.
the excelsior each kitted out with turrets that was all.

Now you go ahead & throw in a mix of fed ships with the correct players & hands down they
will punish the klingon players idk about any one else but there is a pvp group called TSI.
they destroy us every time we play them in fed vs kling pvp.
& i wouldnt say its because that all those players fundimentaly are better than us because they
point blank refuse to get on there kling toons & play us kling vs kling (or so i have been told anyways).
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBzMadDog View Post
Now you go ahead & throw in a mix of fed ships with the correct players & hands down they
will punish the klingon players idk about any one else but there is a pvp group called TSI.
they destroy us every time we play them in fed vs kling pvp.
& i wouldnt say its because that all those players fundimentaly are better than us because they
point blank refuse to get on there kling toons & play us kling vs kling (or so i have been told anyways).
ITT: we make blanket accusations.

TSI doesn't play klinks as a fleet (not anymore). So it would be fairly obvious that TSI won't play you on klinks when most of the fleet doesn't play the klink faction.
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Hence the drawback of a pvp-centric faction design (or monster play for lack of a better phrase) is that faction designed for pvp and not much else have no long term draw for players who are not fans of said faction. Pvp-centric faction design is a self defeating design concept and leads to people not playing in said faction becuase , oother than pvp, its a boring game of endless grind with no reason.
This may be the reason why players willtry the KDF or pvp-centric faction , run a toon to the top rank, play a while and ultimately leave due to lack of interest and an unwillingness to repeat said grind just to try a different class.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-26-2010, 10:03 PM
The ONLY way to make a fair Klingon experience in STO (fair for the Feds as well) is to scrap the faction thing, delete all player Klingon ships, allow Klingon captains in Fed ships doing the same missions.

We already have the Klingon captains and FvF PvP.

Problems solved!
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
The ONLY way to make a fair Klingon experience in STO (fair for the Feds as well) is to scrap the faction thing, delete all player Klingon ships, allow Klingon captains in Fed ships doing the same missions.

We already have the Klingon captains and FvF PvP.

Problems solved!
emm hmmm... from the guy that called me an exploiter the other day cause I used a SNB beam on you.... do you think making me fly my defiant would force me to stop killing you. LOL
You are too funny Thlaylie.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Actually I have tried the extra BO with Science Team model and like it.

If you guys had merely mentioned the skill's shield boost abilities we would not have had a discussion.

No, changing your ship would only remove ONE of your exploits.