Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Episode 4 - Classified: The dStahl Files | Listen for a chance to win 10K C-Store Points!

Quote:
Brandon and Mark get together on a VERY special, EXTENDED edition of the show with special guest-host Daniel Stahl, STO’s Executive Producer. Dan hangs out with us to answer your questions that you have been submitting over the last month and gives his personal opinion on some of your great ideas! We also bring you the "Blank of the Week" featuring a fan-submitted STO Music Video by Soriedem, set to the killer tune, “TNT”; the latest news, including the Nebula Class stats; and the announcement of Weekly Episode Series 2, featuring The Devidians, starting in October.

Everyone has until next Wednesday night, 9/29, to enter into our contest for 10K C-Store points in this thread here. Even though all of the interviews are complete, we will still try to pass along your questions and get them answered. Have a great week in-game and we will see you next week when we announce the winner of 10K C-Store points!
STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):

Web: http://thequantumcafe.com/priorityone

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:

STOPriorityONE

---

Thank you for tuning in and a SPECIAL thank you to dStahl for spending time with us and being on the show!

After listening to the show, e-mail us at priorityone@thequantumcafe.com and let us know what you thought of the show!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-24-2010, 10:37 AM
just listened to it... and...

DAMN! THAT WAS AN AWESOME SHOW!

there was so many interesting stuff in it,
i dont even know where to start...

i believe i rewinded and listened to the part
with the plans for Nov/Dec and early next year
three times immediately!

even we heard most of it partly already,
there so many interesting NEW details!

- be able to choose the size of your away team
- rewards will be available at mission replays
(wonder if they will be overworked to lvling-items
like the cluster-torpedo even...)
- the fact that promoting BOs to Cptns
is planned for Nov/Dec too...
- he was mentioning Rommies and Cardys as playable factions
- the revamp of remote contacts...
the detail about that daily featured missions is awesome!
- items adding additional boni in right setup,
including effects on your ships visuals!

oh and a huge compliment to the questions u've chosen,
DStahl added so many infos you wouldnt expect...
f.e. my own question about the voice-overs,
to hear he would love to see a known voice,
he even mentioned Picard as example,
to read out introducing logs to missions is very cool!

and that still wasnt all, awesome show!

PS @DStahl:
you've said it is tough to find the right ideas...
and since you know i "annoy" u by any chance with it...
just take mine!
as always you find them in my sig, dont know when you checked them,
but there have been a couple of updates last weeks

but no, honestly: was awesome to listen all the ideas and plans you've mentioned,
and my ideas start to sound so small beside it...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-24-2010, 11:19 AM
CBS hesitant about androids? (Soong-type, I could see. There are other types in Star Trek, mind you.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Also... again, I want to suggest Marc Alaimo for narration.

Get Tuvok for a new tutorial or something... But I think having Marc Alaimo as a hostile narrator, taunting the player, would create a Portal-type atmosphere and shift things from Spock/Nimoy's nurturing influence to a "You're not in Kansas anymore feeling."

Just have the Iconians recover/resurrect Dukat as their envoy, their special consultant... And make Dukat the game's hostile narrator.

I think from other games, the best narrators and voiceovers come from the bad guys. I'd wager that aside from a few flavor pieces, the most memorable WoW VOs are the villains taunting players. The "you are not prepared" kind of thing..
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Too cool, Love the Dstahl!
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Also... again, I want to suggest Marc Alaimo for narration.

Get Tuvok for a new tutorial or something... But I think having Marc Alaimo as a hostile narrator, taunting the player, would create a Portal-type atmosphere and shift things from Spock/Nimoy's nurturing influence to a "You're not in Kansas anymore feeling."

Just have the Iconians recover/resurrect Dukat as their envoy, their special consultant... And make Dukat the game's hostile narrator.

I think from other games, the best narrators and voiceovers come from the bad guys. I'd wager that aside from a few flavor pieces, the most memorable WoW VOs are the villains taunting players. The "you are not prepared" kind of thing..
I really love this idea
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonius
just listened to it... and...

DAMN! THAT WAS AN AWESOME SHOW!
Thanks, Colonius I knew you would enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
Too cool, Love the Dstahl!
We almost called the show "The Coming of The dStahl" >< LOL I like the name that we ended up using much better
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Good itnerview. Poor dstahl sounds beat nowadays (I can only imagine how exhausting the job is without the pretty PR face everyone puts on during interviews).

Here's the best to the devs - they're doing an outstanding job.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-24-2010, 10:10 PM
i love the beginning of the podcast where the music from the new star trek movie was playing i thought it was awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-26-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rad34
i love the beginning of the podcast where the music from the new star trek movie was playing i thought it was awesome.
Thanks, I loved making it! Its one of the things I am most proud of