Lt. Commander
# 1 Space Zombie Apocalypse
09-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Anyone who has played Champions Online after their Bloodmoon Halloween event should be familiar with their "Zombie Apocalypse" PvP map. For those who aren't heres a short summary:

Several players start out in a cabin and have to defend it from a horde of the undead (NPC enemies). At the start one player is also a zombie and with the horde has to attack the other players around the cabin. If the uninfected players stray too far from the cabin the zombies wear it down until they get to the civilians within and the survivors loose. If you die you become a zombie yourself and have to attack the remaining survivors with the zombie horde. If all players are defeated (zombified) the survivors loose. If the players survive for a certain time (I think it was 20 minutes) then they win. As time goes on increasingly difficult and numerous zombies attack the cabin as well as any player who died previously.

I was thinking that with some minor modifications it could be a very enjoyable STO PvP experience. Use the Borg as the zombies and a civilian research station for the cabin, add some explanation on why you cant just transport them out and it pretty much designs itself. It also gives people their playable Borg even if just temporarily (assuming you get defeated and assimilated or "lucky" enough to be the Borg at the start of the match)
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-24-2010, 11:47 PM
The classic horde misssion. Could work with almost any species. Even Klingons or Jem'Hadar who just throw themselves at their enemy enmass all for the glory of their Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
The classic horde misssion. Could work with almost any species. Even Klingons or Jem'Hadar who just throw themselves at their enemy enmass all for the glory of their Empire.
Except that this is more of a PvP scenario where when a player dies they themselves become one of the attacking enemies. In Star Trek it only really makes sense for that to be the Borg so that when you're defeated you get assimilated for the duration of the match and then have to attack your former allies.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-27-2010, 06:03 AM
/SIGNED

I am all for this. Maybe both a ground and space scenario with these mechanics? For the sake of programming ease, instead of turning your ship into a borg cube or sphere in space combat, they could just make it the ship you already have except with added borgy textures on the hull? Much like how Voyager looked during the Scorpion episode.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-27-2010, 06:11 AM
that is sooo cool!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frets91 View Post
/SIGNED

I am all for this. Maybe both a ground and space scenario with these mechanics? For the sake of programming ease, instead of turning your ship into a borg cube or sphere in space combat, they could just make it the ship you already have except with added borgy textures on the hull? Much like how Voyager looked during the Scorpion episode.
Space would be a bit tougher than ground but I'm all for it if they can pull it off.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-04-2010, 05:25 AM
Oh. I just assumed we were discussing a space arena due to the title XD

It's sad though that this thread isn't getting much attention =X I enjoyed zombie apocalypse alot in CO and would've liked to see it here.