Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-24-2010, 11:41 PM
I've been in the game since the Beta, and I must say that these Featured Series is some of the most fun I've had since day one. Excellent game design, loads of variety, and very, very Trek. Just seeing the bustling Deferi city for the first time was a great moment. I'm really looking forward to running through the Finale with my Fleet.

Re-run weekends are a good idea - it harkens back to the Star Trek Marathon Weekends some TV stations ran. People will log in for the weekend to run through as many Series as they can.

Thanks a million, Cyrptic Folks, and keep up the good work. Looking forward to the Finale! And to Series Two!
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Count me in as a a fan of the rerun idea.

Maybe it should work like a season going into syndication - basically "1 episode per day". Though one week might be a little short for some casual gamers. Maybe 1 episode is "re-released" per day and they remain playable for 2 weeks, and if you done it in that time, you get the rewark.

(THough I would find it also fun if there was a "replay award" - maybe just an accolade)
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-25-2010, 12:08 AM
I say take as much time as you need to make series 3 as awesome as it can be. I love everything that we've experienced so far in these series and if you have the ability and creativity to take even that up a notch, go for it! Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Just re-subbed and have been doing the episodes leading up to tomorrows finale, I have been having a blast and enjoy all the improvements made so far!
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-25-2010, 01:16 AM
I have to say I'm among the crowd who've gotten to Friday and gone "Ooh! Tomorrow we get the next Feature Episode! I can't wait!". They've been fun for me and well done, and if this formula can be kept up, I think you'll have a winner on your hands. I can't wait to see what you've done with the Devidians.

As for making the Series special reward available later, I do feel that a "rerun weekend" would be the best option. It fits the flavor of the Feature Episodes, and it's not that hard to complete the missions multiple times for multiple characters. It also means we have to be in game, and being in game isn't a bad thing.

Bravo to the content team for Series 1 - Looking forward to the finale!
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Greatplan for the seasons but why dont you make it a 4 week gap after each series for the next one then you have some in the bank being played while you make more think of it like a tv show in the uk bcause the americans have thanks giving and other holidays we have a 4 week delay so we watch them straight through except for a 2 week break at xmas.

i dont think people will mind ive only got 4 chars and still its a lot of work getting all those missions completed so 4 weeks after each series would be a great
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Definitely can't wait to play the last episode(up way to early in anticipation).
Ii had something of an idea regarding re-runs for the special reward, maybe a good time to have them would be major holidays, days you'd normally just have c-store sales, possibly every other holiday or only major ones like christmas/new year. Just a thought.

Zekren

p.s. you know this is the first episode that has me considering to make two more characters to play it if the rewards any good.....kinda disturbing actually. meh. i'm addicted to the Shiny what can i say?
Lt. Commander
So many have said it allready, these "Weeklys" are the best thing to happen to STO since launch. I love the format, the storyline, the varied dip/combat/ground goals. (Throw in some non-interactive Cinematic bits.. and OH MAN!)

"But rest assured we love these featured episodes and plan to keep making them - at least in the short term."

what, What, WHAT!?!?! nothing but bad will happen if you drop this concept, this is the single reason my buddy and I have been coming back each week, Unless you plan to give us a Quantum-buttload of new content in season 3+. Don't EVER drop these... there is no "new" trek atm (untill the next movie)... Now I tune into STO, to get my weekly fix. =)

Awesome work Dev's, thanks for listening to us.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Ummm, excuse me ^^
09-25-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Based on our current schedule, we are anticipating that after Series 2 - we may need a longer haitus between Series 2 and Series 3 so that we can ship the Season 3 update and get all the cool bells and whistles we want for Series 3. We are looking at ways to provide some additional content during the "off-weeks" but can't promise anything at this time. We'll see what we can do. But rest assured we love these featured episodes and plan to keep making them - at least in the short term.
Hey DStahl that little bit in Yellow I highlighted there, shouldn't that read Long Term or do you have alot of faith in the UGCE delivering this sort of quality demonstrated by your team from within the player community?

It's win win keeping these Weeklies going, I understand it keeps a proportion of your team very creatively busy so maybe is it because of creative burnout that a concern there (just maybe ^^) for looking at this as a short term feature?

The day the weekly episode door gets closed I hope will be a quiet day, barely noticed. Your new and old customers rave about it so much I hope again I didn't see a suicide note at the end of your comments? ^^
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-25-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboboy View Post
Greatplan for the seasons but why dont you make it a 4 week gap after each series for the next one then you have some in the bank being played while you make more think of it like a tv show in the uk bcause the americans have thanks giving and other holidays we have a 4 week delay so we watch them straight through except for a 2 week break at xmast

See this I can get behind some sort of break between each series and some other longer seasonal breaks in order for your creative team to have time to work on everything.

But please don't stop making the weeklies completely you have a winner here. They are the best thing that has come into the game since launch hands down.