Lt. Commander
# 151
10-01-2010, 08:09 AM
As mentioned previously, would like to see more melee weapons for both factions! Is this being worked on?

Dan mentioned smaller away teams in the Priority One interview. My most enjoyable STO experiences have been playing with friends. I've found the game to be enjoyable with a three player team.

What is being done to encourage play as a team vs. running solo?

Oh, and is there some way to have the power tray not rearrange the heck out of itself whenever I switch ships? Maybe I like taking Excelsior for some missions and Sovereign for others (or even the runabout!). Rearranging the tray each time is ridiculously annoying and discourages me from using my other ships.
Lt. Commander
# 152
10-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I read a very interesting comment about "Drops that could be utilized to alter the appearance of your ships"
or something similar to that affect:

Could you please elaborate on that idea?
Lt. Commander
# 153
10-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
Are there any plans at the moment to add the Ambassador to the ships in STO? We've pretty much got the whole stable of 'classic' ships in-game in one way or another with only the Ambassador left.
I'd like an answer to that too please
Lt. Commander
# 154
10-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I think it would be cool to have a character that is Holographic. Are there any plans to add this to the list of playable races?
Lt. Commander
# 155
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Any information regarding the bridge officer sounds in-game?

Like, incoming hail, we are under attack etc etc
Lt. Commander
Hi just wanted to ask if we might see in future seasons some aspects of the TV shows and movies,

• Relationships, in most of the shows there are various one off or long term relationships between characters.

• Recurring or (fixed part of your crewe) characters, I suggest an onboard cast of secondary characters that can be interacted with for some ship options and settings and access, then can be customised, renamed, but they would be available for story lines that involve relationships, transfers even deaths...

• A difficult choice or such as break/ not break the prime directive mission,

• A trail either defending or prosecution, a good example is the one where Data rights as a sentient being was being questioned.

• Demotion, might be part of a good story line, disobeying direct orders, but in the end save the day, either regain your rank or have to work back up, by doing some new missions.

• Being present at some astronomical event such as birth of a star,

• Visiting a planet that has somehow got a resemblance to earth history, in TOS there have been planets with Ancient gods another with Nazi style government.

• An abduction and rescue mission where you need to take it in turns to control different members of your away team.

• Trying out a prototype device or technology, or going in for a refit to get a minor upgrade.

• A mission with more than one landing party, or landing part with extra ship staff, that beam down with you or have beamed down before you and something has happened to them...

• Doing a set of missions where you're reassigned to another ship or space station.

• Performing various duties related to rank, E.g. captains doing weddings, promoting your bridge officers in your ready room and performing a ceremony in the ships lounge. If there was a story involving a death of a crew member then a funeral service could be added.

• A recreation holo deck mission: that plays out as normal or goes wrong.

• Evacuating a small colony and having to deal with them on board you ship.

• Losing your control of your ship to hostile forces or intelligence or virus... and either having to find a cure or use ingenuity to make weapon/ device from a few spare parts /take your ship by fighting or cunning.

• It was suggested in one post that planets from the shows could be revisited, I hope we will see this soon but also hope to more home worlds for the playable spices and then for the more non playable race home worlds (not playable for now)then after home worlds, colony planets.
Lt. Commander
# 157
10-01-2010, 02:39 PM
When will you fix the game engine?
I hate that the character is using the "air" around consoles... this looks very bad for a 2010 computer game!
Lt. Commander
# 158
10-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Will all of the special items in the Breen series be available in some way on Deferi to purchase in vendor machine?
Lt. Commander
# 159 Poker PVP?
10-02-2010, 02:07 AM
So far the ability to walk round your own ship and being able to invite captains doesn't add anything to the game.
Looking at the crew lounge I have noticed there is a poker table, would it be possible for Cryptic to add a poker subgame into STO? have it play like Dabo betting with Gold Pressed Latinum but against other players who you invite to your ship. I think it would be a great sub game especially for fleets and another chance to use & gain more Gold Pressed Latinum
Lt. Commander
# 160 Mail Box
10-02-2010, 07:18 AM
I think we should have a mail box (or mail room in our ship). Like on the Bridge you go into your ready room and open the mail system their, putting items in and take them out of the mail box. Plus be able to check the exchange. not buying and selling just check and see what is selling.
Closed Thread