Lt. Commander
howdy folks.

While this weekend we're looking to try and get people to try the KDF faction out by making alts, and having more experienced players on hand to help and guide, i figured we cant just have recruitment drives every week, it'd be boring

While NemoSD's league comes together, and i work out a way to try and organise some kind of Bat'Leth tournement (any advice from seasoned PvP players on the new queue system would be appreciated in that respect) there IS something coming up that i think might be worth a look at.

with that in mind, here it is, i'm calling it "A cold day in Gre'Thor" (alternative idea was echo's of Rura Penthe)

the 25th see's the last release of the breen-arc weekly missions. The devs have said there's a short period of time before the next season when we can complete the whole arc and get the special reward before they start the second arc of weeklies.

on Friday the 24th, I will be logging in with a new KDF alt, fresh outta the box so to speak. my plan is to level this alt up to Lt Cmdr and gain access to the weekly missions sector.

I would like to see as many federation players as possible also take this time to do the same.

i'll be swapping back to my VA federation captain on the saturday evening to do the final weekly once its released, but for the rest of the time i should be on my new KDF character.

the BIG event part of this however, comes on the sunday.

SUNDAY THE 26TH OF SEPTEMBER
At about 24 hours after the release of the last episode i'll be taking this character into Defari space to run the ENTIRE series back to back. (so thats 11am PST, 7pm BST or 8pm GMT).

I'd like to organise other players, specifically people who've only started KDF players recently (this weekend or the weekend i'm talking about here), but not specifically limited to these players either, to come and do it too. I would love to see a massive fleet invading defari space on the day, with teams of all sizes and difficulty preferences being able to be made.

By my reckoning, at about 30-45 min per mission, we're looking at this taking 4-5 hours.

so who's up for this? a little gathering and fun for the KDF, with some good rewards and the weekly series special reward at the end of it too! (may even have a chance to run some dailies as well)
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-17-2010, 04:19 AM
With Thanks to Kolikos for this,

After chatting in the KDFassistance channel some yesterday, it was pointed out that this may need some organisation in advance rather than a big free-for-all on the weekend..

as such, for the main event on the sunday 26th, I'll be organising teams in this post. I'll also be asking for volunteers amongst the KDF veterans who'd like to lead a team of players new to the KDF through the missions.

each team will need at least one player who's character has not yet done the weekly missions. this can be a new character from a vet or someone new to the KDF, as long as they can get the missions and share them.

as people volunteer in this thread i'll be sorting them like so.

- TEAM # LEADER - character@handle - needs missions/can share mission - difficulty setting
- character@handle - needs missions/can share mission

each team will be asked to assemble in the Orelius Sector by no later than 10:45am PDT (6:45pm GMT) for a prompt start at 11am PDT (7pm GMT) if you're not in the sector by then teams may need to be re-organised and shuffled to allow those who are there to play the missions.

PLEASE SIGN UP IN THIS THREAD OR VIA PM TO MYSELF GIVING THE FOLLOWING
- charactername@handle
- request for new team if vet (and enough people available)
- if all weekly missions can be shared or will require them to be shared
- preferred difficulty setting

I WILL THEN ORGANISE TEAM AS BEST I CAN ON THAT INFORMATION AND POST THE ROSTER HERE.

currently we have two teams, I'll update info for them as i gather it.

- TEAM 1 LEADER - newcharacter@shingi - can share mission - normal difficulty
- M'Kinlas@the_illustrious_q - needs missions - Normal Difficulty
- Lyneth@ Brozan - needs missions - normal difficulty
- Mordac@Mordac - needs missions - normal
- Tihana@Anon-E-Mouse - needs missions - Normal Difficulty
*-TEAM FULL-*

- TEAM 2 LEADER - VuQoj@Kolikos - can share mission - advanced difficulty
- Zero@Jack_Armstrong - can share mission - advanced difficulty
- DGOFAX@akito3379 - needs missions - advanced difficulty
- unknown@piwright - needs missions/can share mission- advanced difficulty

- TEAM 3 LEADER - Vos@devast8tor - can share mission - normal difficulty
- K'Gonak@Katic - can share mission - normal difficulty
- acidrain-rphx@acidrain - needs missions - normal difficulty
- Mokk@Omnium - can share mission - normal difficulty
- Khorbath@John0901- needs missions/can share mission - normal difficulty
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-17-2010, 04:24 AM
i tend to solo a lot but ill try and make sure im always playing my klingons over the weekends.

but this is a good idea, so i hope you get some good responses. keep in mind this is the sort of stuff that is going to have to be built up over time, so keep flying the flag even if the initial response is not great. as more people become aware of 'klingon weekends' the numbers might pick up.

and also dont forget to post on the klingon boards as well, so the hardcore klingons see this
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-17-2010, 04:27 AM
I will make sure to logon either of my Lt Gen and be there for a couple of hours
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-17-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i tend to solo a lot but ill try and make sure im always playing my klingons over the weekends.

but this is a good idea, so i hope you get some good responses. keep in mind this is the sort of stuff that is going to have to be built up over time, so keep flying the flag even if the initial response is not great. as more people become aware of 'klingon weekends' the numbers might pick up.

and also dont forget to post on the klingon boards as well, so the hardcore klingons see this
aye, gonna do that now..

just think it'd be a fun thing to do for all the new KDF players i'm hoping to attract with the "make a KDF alt" day tomorrow, figured having something up to show for the next weekend after would also help encourage people to give it a shot
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-17-2010, 04:37 AM
I'm interested but am curious about the time of day you envision for the event.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-17-2010, 04:44 AM
well the weekly episodes seem to get busy enough for the time of day they're released (11am PDT)

so i figure give folks a day to play these through on a main or another character they've been working through the weelkies on, then gather up the folks who are interested and hit the sector again, a day later.

for some people it may well be they've not done any of the missions there, so we'll be able to play the whole thing through at once, and for some it's also likely that it'll be their first time seeing the KDF versions of the missions too.

so yeah, the final episode released on the 25th at 11am PDT (7pm british summer time, 8pm GMT), so what i'm suggesting is for exactly 24 hours later.

so Sunday 26th September at 11am PDT (8pm GMT) for A Cold day Gre'Thor event

maybe i should get that into the original post?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi
well the weekly episodes seem to get busy enough for the time of day they're released (11am PDT)

so i figure give folks a day to play these through on a main or another character they've been working through the weelkies on, then gather up the folks who are interested and hit the sector again, a day later.

for some people it may well be they've not done any of the missions there, so we'll be able to play the whole thing through at once, and for some it's also likely that it'll be their first time seeing the KDF versions of the missions too.

so yeah, the final episode released on the 25th at 11am PDT (7pm british summer time, 8pm GMT), so what i'm suggesting is for exactly 24 hours later.

so Sunday 26th September at 11am PDT (8pm GMT) for A Cold day Gre'Thor event

maybe i should get that into the original post?
Just want to get this straight. I have only one Kling able to run Deferi so if I run it when it first launches i won't be able to run it again to help the new recruits, right? Should I level up my hermetically sealed Kling engineer to LtC for this event?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-17-2010, 04:56 AM
I hope you the best in gathering a large group.

Everyone will have ample time to plan. Please let us know how many attend, I think Cryptic should take note. The forums are the first place for gathering announcements, and they need to know how the state of the Klingon game is, so they can plan for future .

Don't forget to announce this in the Klingon Forums as well!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-17-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribbler View Post
I hope you the best in gathering a large group.

Everyone will have ample time to plan. Please let us know how many attend, I think Cryptic should take note. The forums are the first place for gathering announcements, and they need to know how the state of the Klingon game is, so they can plan for future .

Don't forget to announce this in the Klingon Forums as well!

Klingons...I suggest you read my post on this thread link.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=180961&page=5

I knew it Tribbler...your insidiousness knows no limits. Everyone...RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.