Lt. Commander
# 11
09-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpeter83 View Post
Probaly not, but who knows only go to DS9 once a week
I'd love to see Quark show up the first time someone sets an Ice Cube off in his bar, And boot the offending Monkey out for a week.
I think the new items are fun, but there are quite a few Monkey's around who need a quick and lasting lesson in common decency/manors.
Just my two cents.

BTW: I don't have any computer problems with the new item's. But it is Really annoying when someone uses those things over and over, in public spaces.
Lt. Commander
Items that interfere with other players never turn out to be community builders. There are too many people who get their jollies by spoiling other people's fun.

Ha Ha funny once? Maybe. Personally I thought we had a resistance to cold damage item and took it into battle today. Joke certainly was on me when my team all froze under fire...

... It never even occurred to me that the devs would offer a "joke" item as a episode reward. I spent most of the concluding episode trying to figure out where I was supposed to use this thing to make the story go.

If you ask me they should quickly give it some minor in game use against opponents. Jokes over. This thing is Rodney Dangerfield, not Monty Python.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Self-Destruct, people used to blow up in friendly space taking out a couple other ships with them.

Eject warp plasma, people used to 'fart' with a crowd around them in friendly space, causing damage and several to blow up.

In both cases Cryptic turned off this ability in friendly space.

More than likely they will do the same with the Biothermal Dampener. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it too much, as I bet you they're already on it.

I will say that if you were to invite your friends onto your ship, a game of freeze tag while waiting for a pvp popup is quite fun. So as I do hope they turn off this feature in public areas, they keep them active on your own ships
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-26-2010, 08:10 AM
lag has nothing to do with video cards and if you belive that then you know nothing about computers at all . lag is caused by slow internet connections and ping speed

as for the bio thermal granades causing lag cmon thats really rubbish

and i love using them makes me laugh havnt had so much fun in this game so stop whining and join in the fun
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonbull1
lag has nothing to do with video cards and if you belive that then you know nothing about computers at all . lag is caused by slow internet connections and ping speed

as for the bio thermal granades causing lag cmon thats really rubbish

and i love using them makes me laugh havnt had so much fun in this game so stop whining and join in the fun
So you enjoy causing people problems in game for your own version of fun just because you don't believe what is said is true about the lag spike? Stop whining?

"Stop whining" is what a bully or a griefer likes to say to others in order to move the focus off their own disruptive activities. No...this is a valid complaint and I am not going to back off until it is fixed and cryptic in the future avoids such a blunder.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
This is the simplest issue to fix. Simply turn off all these powers in "public" areas. By that I mean Spacedock/DS9/K-7/etc. If you want to go on your ship (or a friend's) and play around - or as someone else posted, a 'freeze-tag' game while waiting for a queue to pop - that's fine.

I have been in several situations where these Grief Grenades were thrown either on me or in my direction. All I was doing was using the exchange, setting up my BOs, playing Dabo. I never use zone chat unless I am answering somebody's game-related question so I'm not provoking anyone.

Then there were the geniuses I saw last night who were blocking one of the doorways in ESD with forcefield domes and cover shields. Really, you're paying $15/month for that? Surely there are free alternatives...

Another possibility is to open up a second level of these Starbases specifically for these types of activities. If you are a willing participant, it can be a lot of fun. If not, it is just aggravating.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I can understand the wanting to add a flavor item...what I don't understand is why add a flavor item that even has the potential to be used to grief others?

Just look at WoW, every single time they have added an item like this it has been proven over and over and over again that there is always a segment of the player base that enjoys annoying the crap out of other players.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Replacing my video card because some kid(s) can't control themselves is not an answer to a problem. Besides my video card is up to snuff and this is the only time it shutters. and it is not just one ice bomb that does it. It does it when more than ONE goes off.

Second, I am not the only one complaining about this issue. I was speaking to a player last night running a quad with 2 gigs on video and 6 gigs on the motherboard who was also experiencing lag issues. And several around the table were asking them to stop with no results.

There are alot of players who are having problems but are told to shut up and stop being a cry baby about it. Hmm no. I am not going to remain silent about this any longer. Enough is enough. When a player is ASKED KINDLY to stop. KINDLY! and does not stop there is a social problem. And it starts with the devs giving kids something that has gotten out of control.

My computer meets the requirements for the game. I am not going to drop another dime into my computer or buy another computer just so I can "possibly" play the game better because some children have no social skills and when I refer to them as kids...I fully realize their are GROWN adults acting like children.

LOL when I ask one person NICELY to stop his remark was get a better computer. Hmmm Oh really?

If this was meant to bring the community together ...LMAO...it back fired.

One solution should be if I place the person on ignore their action should no longer affect my character.

Thank you.
Well firstly no your video card isnt up to suff cause it doent bother mine any nor slows me down, and i have a decent card but not all that great, so yours must be junk or your running or downloading doing something else to slow it down, second why should they take it out because of a few people complaining most people like it, also check your video settings your prob got your settings to high, lower your settings closer to speed and you prob wont have any problems, see i may disagree with you but i also offer you a salution
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber1250 View Post
This is the simplest issue to fix. Simply turn off all these powers in "public" areas. By that I mean Spacedock/DS9/K-7/etc.
This. The biothermal dampener is my only complaint with the weeklies, and it's pretty huge. Lots of griefing of RP is happening at all the hubs. It must end. Now.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-27-2010, 10:07 AM
What exactly is the issue? Getting "frozen" is like an emote, you can just move/jump and it goes away. It doesn't stun you, freeze you in place, or close windows.