Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
i'd give them the Terran Empire uniforms... let them feel as if they are serving the superior Empire
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
11-16-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conrad
I'm joining the Coast Guard and the uniforms are almost identical! So this will be sweet!
All the more reason why I think this is silly. Oh, and you should have joined the Navy or the Air Force.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
11-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
I'm glad that the lack of attention for the Klingon faction has, so far, preserved the iconic look and feel.
You mean bikinis?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
11-16-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
You mean bikinis?
Given that those can only be worn by Orions, I can live with it. In fact, I have a little Orion medic on my ship. But seeing Klingons run around like that would feel ... weird.

I mean, of course I can imagine occasions where it could come in handy for, ahem, roleplaying (and squad leader Wol didn't seem to mind fighting butt-naked ...), but it'd look real weird to see everyone on Qo'noS run around like that because they think it's funny. And you know this would happen as soon as people get the chance. Just look at ESD.

Sometimes, you just gotta limit player "creativity". :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
11-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I would so much love to see them on KDF side as well.

And if you say "That doesnt make sense its a Federation Uniform"....

It is a 300 years old uniform.... and by the way an earth, not Federation Uniform. Doesnt make any sense there eigther. So its just a fun item. Why shouldnt Klingons get Fun items too?
No... in fact hell no! If we are going to get gear from that era K side, it should be KLINGON gear, not glorified Federation garage mechanic overalls!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
11-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
No... in fact hell no! If we are going to get gear from that era K side, it should be KLINGON gear, not glorified Federation garage mechanic overalls!
The Klingons have basicly the same eqipment as in that era.
And by the way, some people forget that there are not only Klingons on Klingon side. And there ARE actually not many Canon items wich could be made for us. So that is one of those we could also gut.

And by the way.... it is not "Klingon or Earth items from that era for Klingons", it is "That stuff or NOTHING".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
11-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
The Klingons have basicly the same eqipment as in that era.
And by the way, some people forget that there are not only Klingons on Klingon side. And there ARE actually not many Canon items wich could be made for us. So that is one of those we could also gut.

And by the way.... it is not "Klingon or Earth items from that era for Klingons", it is "That stuff or NOTHING".
Then 'nothing' please until they come up with the Mara miniskirt, Azetbur formal gear and Valkris off-duty gear
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Ugh please NO!

Keep the KDF clean. For the Federation it's pretty much a lost cause as overcostumization has long since "polluted" the entire faction to the point where it doesn't look like Star Trek anymore. I'm glad that the lack of attention for the Klingon faction has, so far, preserved the iconic look and feel.
1st: there is no "Iconic look"^, especially ^with Orions and Gorn in that faction. Half of the preople run arround as^"Aliens" looking like Human and they might have fun with that.

2nd: Because YOU do not want to use it you dont want others to have it. Yeah, again you proove your social skills...

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
i'd give them the Terran Empire uniforms... let them feel as if they are serving the superior Empire
Well my intention would be to use the Terran Empire Unform from TOS era for the High rank officers and the normal ent uniform for the "lower ranks"^^ (by the way i wouldnt use the "original" colors^^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Then 'nothing' please until they come up with the Mara miniskirt, Azetbur formal gear and Valkris off-duty gear
Beside the facts that those do ot look that great and are limited to one gender they wont happen. They wont designs such things for klingons but addin something that IS ALREADY in the game to the other faction is not so much to ask for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
11-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Beside the facts that those do ot look that great
Sure they do and more importantly, they look KLINGON.

Quote:
and are limited to one gender they wont happen.
What about the 7 of 9 catsuit and the T'pol catsuit?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
11-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
1st: there is no "Iconic look"^, especially ^with Orions and Gorn in that faction. Half of the preople run arround as^"Aliens" looking like Human and they might have fun with that.
Aside from the Aliens you mentioned I think the look is very iconic. Orions look like Orions, Gorn look like Gorn, Klingons look like Klingons. You can't say this of the majority of characters you see in ESD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
2nd: Because YOU do not want to use it you dont want others to have it. Yeah, again you proove your social skills...
That has nothing to do with "social skills". This is about my belief in adhering to a given setting instead of campaigning for special exceptions because some people are apparently incapable of trying to "fit in", instead preferring to create their little bubble.

This isn't some single player game where your actions and appearance have no effect on other people. By ignoring the ramifications such changes have on other players' enjoyment of the game it is in fact you who has proven their social skills. Don't try to act as if you are argueing from some sort of moral high ground when it all comes down to individual preferences. We all have the same right on how the game "should" look like. The only difference is that it is you who wants to change the status quo, so you should at least see why people like me get defensive about it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 PM.