Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Sure they do and more importantly, they look KLINGON.



What about the 7 of 9 catsuit and the T'pol catsuit?
Bad enough; but those are actually two more fed items wich could easy exist on both sides.
But you obviously missed the point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Aside from the Aliens you mentioned I think the look is very iconic. Orions look like Orions, Gorn look like Gorn, Klingons look like Klingons. You can't say this of the majority of characters you see in ESD.

That has nothing to do with "social skills". This is about my belief in adhering to a given setting instead of campaigning for special exceptions because some people are apparently incapable of trying to "fit in", instead preferring to create their little bubble.

This isn't some single player game where your actions and appearance have no effect on other people. By ignoring the ramifications such changes have on other players' enjoyment of the game it is in fact you who has proven their social skills. Don't try to act as if you are argueing from some sort of moral high ground when it all comes down to individual preferences. We all have the same right on how the game "should" look like. The only difference is that it is you who wants to change the status quo, so you should at least see why people like me get defensive about it.
Yeah, sure...
"Fit in" means obviously for you "Everybody had to play exactly the was I want it". You have proven that before. That doesnt suprise me from a person that doesnt want the KDF to have a large BoP although the ship is canon and a lot of people are asking for it , just because she doesnt understand why the Klingons copy a design in larger scale (and doesnt even accept the obivous fact that it worked the other way arround).
One of the biggest advantages of STO is the Costumisation and you want to Limit it for everybody just to have them look the way you like. And that on a faction that already is limited VERY much. That is an extremy selfish attitude.

The basic point I understand.... I mean saw aliens looking like Yoda and using that name, a 2 meter big blond human looking woman named "Pam Anderson".... and I hate those retardet Aliens looking like Na'Vi from Avatar... and i wont start with some idiotic RP backgrounds i saw. And stuipid names. But I would never want them to forbid those things, this is the way THEY enjoy their game.
And the Klingon faction is very "Wide open" right now. They work with criminals like Nausicans and Orions, even some joined Trill I dont see any reason why they shouldnd work with Human mercenarys, like the one I play. And I dont see why they shouldnt use "Human" clothes. The Ent-Overoll is neutral enough to go for that. And I actually know that a lot of people would love them to have because of similar reasons.

But you.... you dont want us to have those, not because it doesnt fit in^the game; just because it doesnt "fit in" into what YOU want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
"Fit in" means obviously for you "Everybody had to play exactly the was I want it".
I see, we're argueing from the high horse again, are we? If you would pause and re-think your stance you should realize that your opinion is just the same. "Everybody has to play exactly the way you want" by forcing them to accept things in the game they do not want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
That doesnt suprise me from a person that doesnt want the KDF to have a large BoP although the ship is canon
It's also canon that the ship has the exact same size as the B'rel. And yes, I still think it's a stupid idea. When it comes to the K'vort, we're not talking about copying the general hull shape, we're talking about a 100% replica, complete with disruptor cannons as large as warp nacelles, navigational lights the size of a car and windows that make you think its decks have a height of 20 meters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
One of the biggest advantages of STO is the Costumisation and you want to Limit it for everybody just to have them look the way you like. And that on a faction that already is limited VERY much. That is an extremy selfish attitude.
One of the biggest advantages of Star Trek is a very detailed setting with a unique look and feel and you want to destroy it for everyone just to have something look the way you like. And that in a game that is already borderline overloaded. That is an extremely selfish attitude.

See? I can do that too.

Of course I'm selfish in this matter, else I wouldn't waste my time campaigning for a more atmospheric setting. Just as you are selfish as well by championing the direct opposite because of something you have in mind. We can debate for eternity about this and won't come to any conclusion. The least that all of us can do is acknowledge that each of us has the same "rights". Else you're just displaying ignorance for what a number of players derives their enjoyment of the game from, and in the worst case arrogance for dismissing their perspective as childish or selfish when you're argueing for exactly the same motifs, just on the other side of the fence.

When you want neutral clothes, why not campaign for them? That'd have my support. But copying Fed uniforms? I can already see the Terran Empire on Qo'noS.

Yes, there is such a thing as overcustomization. Sometimes you have to limit player imagination when(!) you want to preserve a certain "look and feel". Because people's definition of "fun" is too different from one another's perspective. Now, if STO really wants to preserve this atmosphere, or if it is to become a hodgepodge theme park of countless little "my own worlds" that are incompatible to each other (at least in terms of roleplaying) and even the setting itself, that's not up to either of us. All we can do is post about it and voice our opinions. Don't judge me for it, and I won't judge you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
I see, we're argueing from the high horse again, are we? If you would pause and re-think your stance you should realize that your opinion is just the same. "Everybody has to play exactly the way you want" by forcing them to accept things in the game they do not want to see.
So your argument is "It lowers my joy in the game seeing people with items for 5 minutes in social areas, so THEY should rrather have less fun durintg the complete game"-..... and you say I AM arguing from a high horse.... that is so.... sorry i cant give an answer to that wich is in line with cryptics Forum guidelines.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-17-2010, 02:14 PM
I've gotta say, I'm quite happy with the NX ship. I had my doubts but it makes a good light escort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
So your argument is "It lowers my joy in the game seeing people with items for 5 minutes in social areas, so THEY should rrather have less fun durintg the complete game"
Seeing that those options are not yet in the game, they can not have "less fun". They can only have even more fun at the expense of other people's fun. Which is at least as egocentric as my opinion of preserving the status quo.

None of your affronts will change this simple truth you apparently refuse to see. Speaks volumes, too.

But I shall leave you alone now, seeing that this conversation won't be getting anywhere anyways. Enjoy your game.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.