09-27-2010, 04:02 AM
I love these mock ups. I'd love to see that implemented
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reilly2040 View Post
I love these mock ups. I'd love to see that implemented
Thanks maybe someday we will see something like this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Ya... Im defnetly gonna build a HTML example of that one.
Let me know when you make it I would love to take a look at it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Let me know when you make it I would love to take a look at it.
already working on a XHTML 1.1 version, but i'll be making one in HTML5 too (just for training)
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Add me to the list who likes the idea, who's perfectly happy to show off my Captain, ship and officers, but draws the line at people being able to view your equipment and/or skill point setup. That just breeds elitism as WoW's Armoury proves. So many horror stories from that game where people have had their posts in the forum ridiculed because they don't have uber item X, or a different skill setup to the cookiee cutter builds puported to be the best.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
I don't mind showing off my current ship and officers. Provided showing such info is a selectable option that has to manually be turned off. In other words defaulted to a privacy setting.

But im totally against the parts where you show off gear or equipment. STO as it is, is very gear causal. Lets not make it into a game of gear snobbery when there is no need for it. Besides gear can be swapped out so quickly it would be a database nigh mare tying to captains page reasonablly up to date. Its just headaches that dont need to be implemented.
Agreed...............
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphenoix
Add me to the list who likes the idea, who's perfectly happy to show off my Captain, ship and officers, but draws the line at people being able to view your equipment and/or skill point setup. That just breeds elitism as WoW's Armoury proves. So many horror stories from that game where people have had their posts in the forum ridiculed because they don't have uber item X, or a different skill setup to the cookiee cutter builds puported to be the best.
I agree we need to avoid the elitist style but the great thing this game offers is that there is not any elitist gearing. Even a Mk X vs Mk XII gear is not a huge increase that makes you more worthy of another to be part of an STF or what not.

I can see them holding out in showing gear in the avoidance of elitism but I really don't think this game has that kind of gearing.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-25-2010, 11:02 PM
A push for more participation
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-26-2010, 03:36 AM
While I'd be quite happy for my equipment to be listed, I do understand how some people would be uncomfortable with it.

Personally, I'd love to see lots of stats. The game obviously maintains counters for the various types of damage dealt/taken, so it'd be nice to see those for a start. Perhaps controversial like the equipment lists, but I do like the idea of a "total time spent in game" counter. Number of hitpoints healed could be another one. Essentially a lot of the counters currently used for the accolade system (and it'd have the advantage that people trying to earn all the accolades could use the Captain's database to keep track of their progress).

I've always been a big fan of the Battlefield games and the kinds of stats they make available on their website, so that's pretty much what I'm thinking of.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-26-2010, 04:02 AM
yes yes yes. Great work on those pics Tragamite. I love it when people really try to visualize their ideas. I've complained many times about the profiles so I'm 200% on board.

and about people not being comfortable with their items shown, they not need to feel intimidated by people whose priority lies in getting everything purple mark XI as soon as they can. I don't and I don't have everything very rare mark XI, if you're a good pilot and a captain, the deciding factor will never be very rare or mark XI over mark X. I'm also too lazy to gather all the emblems I need
Closed Thread