Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
09-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Why should Klingons have tribbles?
It's not the tribbles that matter. It's the buff. Which has an affect on gameplay. And the only source of this buff for klingons is ... the c-store tribbles.

Quote:
A Targ breeding feature
Does not exist. The one in-game targ is a pet that follows you around. And that's it. There are no targ buffs. At all.

The only way a klingon can get this buff is through using the tribbles that are now only available through the c-store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
09-26-2010, 11:36 AM
I think you people are rather ignorant at this point. New ship skins = more ship customization, which is content that I find very enjoyable; but that wasn't the point of my post.

The point of my post is that you and I are paying for continued development. However, that continued development is going towards things that get placed in the micro-transaction store. So, my subscription fee is meant for server maintenance and continued development. Since Star Trek Online isn't a true MMORPG in any sense of the word; the money for server maintenance isn't as high the game's competition. So, in short, if I want to reap the benefits of my subscription fees, I have to pay the fee; then buy what they spent my fee on in their micro-transaction store.

In other words, I have to pay Cryptic twice for new content. Even if the items are not necessary, those items provide for a more enjoyable play experience. They also required money from subscriptions to develop. Considering that I have already paid for the new content, I think it is fair to suggest that I shouldn't have to pay for it again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
09-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
The point of my post is that you and I are paying for continued development. However, that continued development is going towards things that get placed in the micro-transaction store.
Yeah, like the Deferi episodes. Oh wait.

Again: if you enjoy the game, the cstore is at worst a minor irritation. If you don't enjoy the game, the cstore is irrelevant to your central problem. Blaming lack of enjoyment on the cstore is at best misleading.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
09-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threather
The point of my post is that you and I are paying for continued development. However, that continued development is going towards things that get placed in the micro-transaction store. So, my subscription fee is meant for server maintenance and continued development. Since Star Tre
So you think the last 5 weekly episodes and the whole new zone, and the ones forthcoming, were all done by the devs while they were at home not getting paid by Cryptic? No. Your subscription dollars paid for that content. If you think no free content's been added to the game over the last 6 months I'd say you're pretty unobservant. Where did the Diplomacy system come from? How about the Difficulty system? This game has added a LOT of free content over the last 6 months with a lot more forthcoming: UGC, Replay, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
09-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
Again: if you enjoy the game, the cstore is at worst a minor irritation.
This is where I disagree. The C-Store is getting to be a bigger and bigger problem ... if you do enjoy the game. The more features they offer for sale in the c-store that have in-game impact, the more of a problem it becomes.

As already mentioned ... the only way Klingons can get buffs are ... from Tribbles (which they shouldn't get due to the story, but it'd be even more unfair if they had ZERO access to the buffs) ... and tribbles that they have to purchase for RL money.

The Nebula will be the next step down this path. Oh, there'll be an in-game way to obtain this. But if it's 500 emblems ... well, that'll just be the icing on the cake. The C-Store becomes the focal point for game changing development? If you hate the game, that's not a problem. You already hate the game. If you enjoy the game, you're getting the shaft, because you have to keep pace with the game's evolution through microtransactions. Not exactly what anyone signed up for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26 long time, no c store
09-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
close the C-Store
in a way, I kind of agree. The C store should be for frivolous personalizing items like those in D and D's store, not important stuff like the capability of playing as a Caitian or adding a Borg BO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
09-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
There's content in the C-store? Where are they hiding it? All I see are ships and costumes.
Ehm ... first of all races like joined trill or ferengi or others in the c-store are totaly more then costumes. and a game that has a sub don't realy need a c-store to get money ! and most of all what free stuff has cryptic given us (weekly missions) thats about it all the rest came thru the c-store what cost extra.
personally i don't care about the c-store yet! but i do feel like i have to keep paying for this game even wen i'm a lifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
There is nothing in the C-store needed to play the game.
BO's, Tribbles that give extra stats, Ships, New races with special stats ... frankly C-Store is full of things that give you more over someone that totally don't buy stuff of C-Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
We love the game or not , fact is op is correct.
The c store has hurt cryptic more than they realize , I know tons n tons who are leaving when kotor is out because of the money pinching.
yep true count me in, wen Star Wars hits i'm gone and i know as lifer i realy can't quit this game but trust me i'll probably never play it again. "things may change as i don't know what cryptic will do in the future so who knows things might get better".

C-store is fine as long as the cost is low and the things in it are cosmetics only like Costumes or ship skins.
and i'm still ok with things added in C-Store that allso can be optaind ingame in a normal way like the new retrofit ships, you can buy em with badges so i'm totally ok with that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
09-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
It's not the tribbles that matter. It's the buff. Which has an affect on gameplay. And the only source of this buff for klingons is ... the c-store tribbles.


The only way a klingon can get this buff is through using the tribbles that are now only available through the c-store.
Cryptic offered everyone a chance to get the tribbles you are talking about by playing on the test server. A lot of people did not play on the test server and have been complaining that they want the tribble so cryptic put the tribble in the c-store.

Did you play during the weekend when they were offering the tribble? Your complaint doesnít hold up because they are providing a serves to people who were not willing to play on the test server during that time period.

People canít argue that they were unable to play during that time because of obligations. The test period was all weekend long so time could have been made and if you were not able to play during the test they at least gave another avenue for receiving the tribbles.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
09-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Does not exist. The one in-game targ is a pet that follows you around. And that's it. There are no targ buffs. At all.

The only way a klingon can get this buff is through using the tribbles that are now only available through the c-store.
Won't be the first time or the last time that Klingons are lagging behind the Feds. Heard another suggestion where Klingons feed tribbles to Targs and the Targ gets the tribble's bonus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
09-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threather
I think you people are rather ignorant at this point. New ship skins = more ship customization, which is content
No, it isn't. To use old RPG terms, content is what we call "crunch". New rules, new stories, something really, legitimately new. A new skin for your ship, or a new outfit for your captain is "fluff". Nice, but ultimately meaningless to how the game is actually played.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 PM.