Lt. Commander
# 1 Cold Storage NOT deaf friendly
09-25-2010, 06:52 PM
I loved the mission, except the part where I had to figure out how to solve the puzzle. I am deaf.... I had to randomly pick the right pattern.

Please just remember there are some of us who do not use team speak, who cannot hear Lenoard Nimoy's voice, or solve audio puzzles. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
I loved the mission, except the part where I had to figure out how to solve the puzzle. I am deaf.... I had to randomly pick the right pattern.

Please just remember there are some of us who do not use team speak, who cannot hear Lenoard Nimoy's voice, or solve audio puzzles. Thanks!
You didn't need to hear to do it, I had a movie playing while I played so I didn't hear it, it's just 3 consoles that you can only use once in the sequence, and when you get it right it lights up, sound or no sound it didn't matte, pretend it was numbers - 123 132 213 231 312 321 .. deaf or not it's a simple pattern to try.

typo fix
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
You didn't need to hear to do it, I had a movie playing while I played so I didn't hear it, it's just 3 consoles that you can only use once in the sequence, and when you get it right it lights up, sound or no sound it didn't matte, pretend it was numbers - 123 132 213 231 312 321 .. deaf or not it's a simple patteren to try.
Funny, I tried that, and it did not work... What was the correct answer? Tone deaf, myself, so I cannot tell the difference in them...
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakieh
Funny, I tried that, and it did not work... What was the correct answer? Tone deaf, myself, so I cannot tell the difference in them...
Don't remember, I didn't hear it either, I just ran thru the possible combinations. Like I said there are only a few possible.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-26-2010, 05:04 AM
I belive the right order is..

The first console on the right of the room that you come across.
Then the one to the south of the room, then the one on the west.

If that's not the right order, then hit, East, West then South.. It's one of those two permutations, and I can't remember the right one other than the first console was the one on the right (East).
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-26-2010, 08:33 AM
first one, where you came into the room, second one is oposit side of the room and last one is in the middle.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-26-2010, 10:29 AM
I know what you mean, I play with the sound off alot of times while I sit in the family room with the wife. I guessed also. I'm sure cryptic didn't mean to make the mission hard for deaf people though, but I think they should try to fix it now that they are aware of the problem.

Aside from that issue though, how did you like the missions?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch5430 View Post
I know what you mean, I play with the sound off alot of times while I sit in the family room with the wife. I guessed also. I'm sure cryptic didn't mean to make the mission hard for deaf people though, but I think they should try to fix it now that they are aware of the problem.

Aside from that issue though, how did you like the missions?
... there isn't anything to fix, you didn't need to hear anything, even if you DID hear it you needed to try all the consoles to hear the tones, then do it again and there are only 6 possible combinations.

And I liked the missions and forsee them getting more complex down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
... there isn't anything to fix, you didn't need to hear anything, even if you DID hear it you needed to try all the consoles to hear the tones, then do it again and there are only 6 possible combinations.

And I liked the missions and forsee them getting more complex down the line.
I loved the mission, don't get me wrong... but I take insult by your comment "there isn't anything needed to fix". The whole point was that it was a puzzle to solve using sound clues. If you can't do that, then it no longer becomes a puzzle and is aimless guess work. You just said you hoped they become more complex given time... so do I, but if it involves aimless guess work then how is it more complex?!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-26-2010, 01:00 PM
I found it annoying. It took me 8 times to get it right. And the last time i turned the volume up loud so i could hear the tones and it worked. I think they could have done a better job with that one. But overall i loved the whole series. I hope we get alot more like them. I only ask for better rewards. That item that freezes friendlies is starting to get on my nerves in Earth spacedock.