Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 the game majorly glitched
09-25-2010, 07:52 PM
tonight now trying to play the game has already locked my computer up three times and caused my computer to crash. I know it is not my computer because everytime I logged into the game I'm in maybe 10 15 minutes and then the game locks the screen goes black and all I here is audio sounding like its a record stuck. i run any other programs or games and its just fine. I seriously hope they are going to fix these bug problems soon. Otherwise I'm close to giving up trying to fight the bugs in this game. Unless someone else has another solution for why the game keeps crashing oh and before anyone suggests my computer is crap I have an amd quad core with 4 gigs of ram windows vista home premium and a nvidia 9400 gt 1 gig video card. and as I said I have no problems running other games.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
09-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoso1979 View Post
tonight now trying to play the game has already locked my computer up three times and caused my computer to crash. I know it is not my computer because everytime I logged into the game I'm in maybe 10 15 minutes and then the game locks the screen goes black and all I here is audio sounding like its a record stuck. i run any other programs or games and its just fine. I seriously hope they are going to fix these bug problems soon. Otherwise I'm close to giving up trying to fight the bugs in this game. Unless someone else has another solution for why the game keeps crashing oh and before anyone suggests my computer is crap I have an amd quad core with 4 gigs of ram windows vista home premium and a nvidia 9400 gt 1 gig video card. and as I said I have no problems running other games.
I run the game just fine. I have never experienced the issues you seem to have from Closed Beta to today.. Not once.

Seeing that there are 10,000's of people playing right now and the forums are not exploding with posts like yours kinda validates the fact that the game is working fine for most people and that this is an issue with your system or something on the way to STO, but not STO itself.

Maybe your power supply is having an issue when your video card pulls in a lot of juice.. Maybe your video card is overheating or the drivers have an issue... Who knows?

But you would have better luck getting help in the Tech Support section.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
09-25-2010, 08:18 PM
i was playing the last leg of todays episode and it crashed on me as well once , frustrated i stopped for about 45mins, rebooted ,logged back in and set graphics to recommended or just brought it down 1 bar from quality, and finished it nicely, i have a dell studio xps I7 processor 12gigs of ram, win 7, an ati radeon 5670 at 1024megs, plays other games fine on high settings, but starting to wonder when it comes to certain areas or places in STO, try it out is all i can think of.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
09-25-2010, 08:19 PM
are you keeping your drivers upto date? also, you might want to verify your game files, usually after crashes it will sometime check the files. also do you hard reboot when this happens or can you Control alt delete and close the game?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
09-25-2010, 08:27 PM
After every patch, do a "Force Verify". That will fix some issues.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
09-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
are you keeping your drivers upto date? also, you might want to verify your game files, usually after crashes it will sometime check the files. also do you hard reboot when this happens or can you Control alt delete and close the game?
nope I know its the game because star trek online over rides all computer functions and locks me out of all other computer functions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
09-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
I run the game just fine. I have never experienced the issues you seem to have from Closed Beta to today.. Not once.

Seeing that there are 10,000's of people playing right now and the forums are not exploding with posts like yours kinda validates the fact that the game is working fine for most people and that this is an issue with your system or something on the way to STO, but not STO itself.

Maybe your power supply is having an issue when your video card pulls in a lot of juice.. Maybe your video card is overheating or the drivers have an issue... Who knows?

But you would have better luck getting help in the Tech Support section.

if you had bothered to read the entire post through instead of suggesting it was a problem with my system like I asked you not you; you would have noticed I wrote that it is not a problem with my system that it is a problem I am only experiencing with star trek online as of today.

updated-- i just logged into the game as of right now the game seems to be working fine. so I think the theory of my system overheating is null and void and the idea of it being star trek online is more valid. and just because you didn't experience any problems doesn't mean the game won't give other people problems. to those that actually tried to help with this problem and not give me problems thank you and I appreciate it thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
09-25-2010, 11:15 PM
It might be a coincidence but, though I never have problems, I crashed today. STO crashed for the first time in months and months.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
09-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoso1979 View Post
if you had bothered to read the entire post through instead of suggesting it was a problem with my system like I asked you not you; you would have noticed I wrote that it is not a problem with my system that it is a problem I am only experiencing with star trek online as of today.

updated-- i just logged into the game as of right now the game seems to be working fine. so I think the theory of my system overheating is null and void and the idea of it being star trek online is more valid. and just because you didn't experience any problems doesn't mean the game won't give other people problems. to those that actually tried to help with this problem and not give me problems thank you and I appreciate it thanks.
Or you're wrong and it's on your system.

Tech support 101... if the problem is only happening to one of thousands of people... it's probably a problem on that one person's computer.

Have you tried reinstalling?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
09-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Or you're wrong and it's on your system.

Tech support 101... if the problem is only happening to one of thousands of people... it's probably a problem on that one person's computer.

Have you tried reinstalling?
so your siding with that one guy then in trying to flame me then in saying that my computer is broke? and that the rest of my games that use high end graphics like sto and the other mmo game I use age of conan that plays just fine but yet star trek online and its my fault? wow
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:32 PM.