Lt. Commander
Please read this post and then click here to make your vote count!

The following items are coming to STO soon, but will you be happy with only these three items from the 22nd century?
  1. NX-class Starship (View STO WIP Image / View Cannon Image).

2. Standard Duty Uniform options for commissioned Starfleet Officers (View STO WIP Image / View Cannon Image).

3. Adapted uniform options for Commissioned Starfleet Officers (View STO WIP Image / View Cannon Image 1 (Blue) / View Cannon Image 2 (Red)).

If you're interested in obtaining more uniform options from the 22nd century, please vote (click) for your single favourite Starfleet uniform option, that you would most like to wear in STO, choosing from the options below, and please be sure to take a look at the image links before you vote, thank you.
  1. Flag Officer Uniform (View Cannon Image), applicable to Officers holding the rank of Commodore, Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral, Admiral or Fleet Admiral.

2. Dress Uniform (View Cannon Image), applicable for Officers attending diplomatic or other formal functions.

3. Excursion Uniform (View Cannon Image), applicable for use in desert or other more inhospitable terrains.

4. Arctic Gear (View Cannon Image), applicable for use in freezing or harsh cold conditions.

5. Excursion Jackets.

• Type A (View Cannon Image), applicable for use in colder climates.

• Type B (View Cannon Image), applicable for use in colder climates.

• Type C (View Cannon Image), applicable for use in hot, dusty or desert terrain.

6. Provisional Uniform (View Cannon Image), applicable for personnel serving aboard, or visiting, Starfleet vessels.

7. Medical Wear (View Cannon Image), applicable for enlisted and civilian medical doctors in the service of Starfleet.

8. Active Wear (View Cannon Image), applicable for use in more casual circumstances or during physical exercise and training.

9. Environmental (EV) Suit

• Pressure Suit* (View Cannon Image), applicable for use in performing tasks outside the controlled atmosphere of space vessels and a necessity for exploring environments with different atmospheric conditions than those on Class M planets.

• Under Suit (View Cannon Image), applicable for wear beneath the standard environmental suit.

10. Underwear (View Cannon Image), applicable for use beneath any uniform.

11. Head Gear (View Cannon Image), applicable for use with the "Excursion Uniform" and "Standard Duty Uniform".

*Cryptic, I was thinking that you could create the 22nd century Pressure Suit as well as other EV Suites from the future, in the same fashion as the current Armour which have variable attributes, and show up on Federation characters in game when fixed to a character, but can also be hidden.

Question for the community:

Can you think of a creative way to attain your single favourite uniform option (above) in game?

Assuming, that if your favourite uniform option were to be implemented, it would also be available via the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa - underwear? really?

However, I do believe we'll be able to customize the Enterprise uniforms (which make great infantry uniforms for those hold-outs for Maco).
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Actually I can live without any of these being in game.

If they are gonna put them in game (which is gonna happen) then it should be limited to the standard uniforms only,.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Come to think of it - most of the uniforms are just color variations on the base uniform (including the desert attire).
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm not into all this ancient stuff coming into the game but I like the uniforms, they look very functional. If my ship crew was customizable, I could totally see some of my engineers in this uniform as a sort of utility jumpsuit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Come to think of it - most of the uniforms are just color variations on the base uniform (including the desert attire).
That's a good point. More color variation in the palette itself might allow us the players the ability to make these variants ourselves.

I bring this up because the TMP unis are coming too. And the screenshot shown is the Admiral uni that Kirk wore. With a small tweak to the color palette that we have in game we could just take the bull by the horns and make the tan uni that Sulu wore and the full grey that Spock wore, and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-27-2010, 02:58 PM
I voted for the EV Suit as it's something very unique, different, which could be used in many new scenarios, for example, space walking on the exterior of your Starships hull or any other space vessel, or we may need to enter an abandoned space vessel that has either no breathable atmosphere or a hostile atmosphere or lastly, we could need to wear them when beaming down to planets that have either no breathable atmosphere or a hostile atmosphere.

Of course, the EV Suit from the 22nd century is just one option, Cryptic could also add the EV Suits from the 23rd and 24th centuries as well.

My second choice would be the Flag Officer Uniform from the 22nd century, simply because many players have already past the rank of Captain or will do eventually.

My third choice would be the Head Gear from the 22nd century, simply because it's cool!

Quote:
Whoa, whoa, whoa - underwear? really?

However, I do believe we'll be able to customize the Enterprise uniforms (which make great infantry uniforms for those hold-outs for Maco)
Thank you for posting, it's much appreciated and Underwear, totally! LoL

If there's one thing MMO players love, it's options and a poll also requires options, so I just threw everything in from Memory Alpha.

I left out the MACO uniforms as they are not Starfleet issue as the MACO are not part of Starfleet, but a separate organisation and besides, many fans have already stated that they would love to see those uniforms in game, which Cryptic has heard loud and clear, so it'll probably happen eventually.

By the way, what did you vote for and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Actually I can live without any of these being in game.

If they are gonna put them in game (which is gonna happen) then it should be limited to the standard uniforms only,.
As I mentioned above, players love options, and if you want to role play a character from the 22nd century, then for example, if your character is ranked above Captain, you're going to want the Flag Officer Uniform, if you're playing a Medical Doctor, you're going to want the Medical Wear, the list goes on for role players, but as you say, you can live without these options and if they are added, it will hardly effect your gaming experience.

Did you vote and if you did, what for and why?

Quote:
When you say "base uniform" are you referring to the jumpsuit that is going into STO or something else?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-27-2010, 03:07 PM
"Players love options". That is very very true.

I'd vote for any of them to be honest.
I don't personally see a need for the underwear, but if it's something you feel you'd like to see in game, why not ask?
The tan uniform wear would be a good option; more so if we could gauge from orbit what kind of planet we were visiting. I've seen Earth like planets that turned out to be weird purple gas atmospheres.
Incidentally, the tan uniform was not the same as the standard ENT uniform. It was a 2 piece with shirt and trousers.
EV suits would be brilliant, whichever era.
Maco may not be Starfleet per se, but since they are canon, and we already have the merc outfit, I'd like to see them added. It'd be pretty cool with the reinforcements tac ability when we finally get the ability to deck our whole crew out in the uniforms our bridge officers wear.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx
The tan uniform wear would be a good option; more so if we could gauge from orbit what kind of planet we were visiting. I've seen Earth like planets that turned out to be weird purple gas atmospheres.
Incidentally, the tan uniform was not the same as the standard ENT uniform. It was a 2 piece with shirt and trousers.
It's funny you mention that, because dstahl recently stated that they've "always wanted the ability for players to get detailed information on planets and locations."
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Mirror Ent Unis & Maco Unis
Closed Thread