Lt. Commander
# 1 Episodes after Season 1?
09-25-2010, 10:42 AM
So I read a couple of weeks ago that there will be episodes between series 1 and 2. However, I heard that now we wont get anything for a couple of weeks after Series 1. Is this right? I sure hope not
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeah...I'm waiting for a response on this too:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=181810
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-25-2010, 02:38 PM
The content team is focusing on adding some things in for Series 2: The Devidians. I'd rather have them making the series episodes super awesome than to take time away to make the in-between episodes.

I had hoped that I myself would have a little time to make some new patrol missions that could act as a bridge between the two series, but so far I've not made much progress on them. So I'm working on my schedule to see if I can get some time to make these.

As we've discussed over the last month - these weekly episodes are a new thing for us and we're learning as we go and evaluating where we need to spend more time on these series to make them special.

So for now - the focus is on quality for these episodes and if there needs to be a few weeks in between - I'm ok with that... especially since 50% of the player base has still not completed the series...

I suppose we're starting to learn the same lessons as to why TV shows have weeks where there's no episodes - it is a crunch trying to line up 5 weeks of solid content on a regular basis

Btw... I am personally really happy with how series 2 is shaping up and I think it is is going to be really fun. We've got so many ideas for series now that it is hard to decide what to do next!
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
especially since 50% of the player base has still not completed the series...
Heh. Reminds me of Steam achievement stats - a good 20% of people apparently never play games they purchase, at least judging by the lack of very basic achivements.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The content team is focusing on adding some things in for Series 2: The Devidians. I'd rather have them making the series episodes super awesome than to take time away to make the in-between episodes.

I had hoped that I myself would have a little time to make some new patrol missions that could act as a bridge between the two series, but so far I've not made much progress on them. So I'm working on my schedule to see if I can get some time to make these.

As we've discussed over the last month - these weekly episodes are a new thing for us and we're learning as we go and evaluating where we need to spend more time on these series to make them special.

So for now - the focus is on quality for these episodes and if there needs to be a few weeks in between - I'm ok with that... especially since 50% of the player base has still not completed the series...

I suppose we're starting to learn the same lessons as to why TV shows have weeks where there's no episodes - it is a crunch trying to line up 5 weeks of solid content on a regular basis

Btw... I am personally really happy with how series 2 is shaping up and I think it is is going to be really fun. We've got so many ideas for series now that it is hard to decide what to do next!

So Series 2 features the Devidians.

Will we be seeing some more time travel like in their only TNG apperance or more "Ghost Ship" type missions like their earlier STO apperance?
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goraq View Post
So Series 2 features the Devidians.

Will we be seeing some more time travel like in their only TNG apperance or more "Ghost Ship" type missions like their earlier STO apperance?
http://www.startrekonline.com/feature_episodes

Looks like maybe a bit of both. Look at the TOS console in Episode 4.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:

Given the quality of the the first series, I completely understand how you may not have time to put in any missions between the two series, I'd rather see the series keep getting better (this one was damn good) than get missions in between the series, but have it be at the cost of series quality.

I do have to ask just how you're going to be able to keep adding such great rewards for the series? All of the rewards we great (even the social fun one) and the final rewards were fantastic, it will be hard to top these.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:

Series 1 was awesome. Really looking forward to series 2, but I don't want it until it's ready.

You guys have made vast improvements to this game since it launched. Keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:

So far so good. Just finished the Breen series. I liked it. A lot. I really think this is the gravy train for this game's longevity. It creates a regular flow of "end-game" content, without having to dip into the old "raid" model for these types of games. And it does so while capturing the look and feel of the television show.

Series 2 sounds fun.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I'd much rather play these weekly missions than wait six months for a Raid.

However, I'd love to see some Fleet Actions or Warzones added in a similar vein to these mission.