Lt. Commander
Whenever I beam down to a planet, I see a screen that asks me which Bridge Officers I want to take with me.

Given that I've already chosen my perfect Away Team via the Ship Screen, why would I need to choose them again when beaming down?

This screen should only appear when playing with other humans, it serves no purpose in solo play.

Please remove it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-27-2010, 01:24 AM
You may want to change officers according to which enemy awaits you, you know. Melee vs. ranged, healer vs. debuffer etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Actually, no, I never do.

Basically, I worked out the skills that suit me best in the field, created a ground team that used all of the requisite skills and once that was done, no further thought was required.

Basically, Breen Tac, Borg Engy and Borg Sci, Turret Engy, all with skills that were specifically chosen to maximize damage against Ground NPCs.

I could actually step back from the battle and they'd still win.

Therefore, any changes are, as the Borg would say "Irrevalent".

Which means that dialog screen is just pointless when playing by myself.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Great for you, then you know to just click OK when the dialog pops up. And by it being left in, the rest of the players who do take different officers for variety get to do so without a huge hassle, in exchange for a fraction of a second of you precious time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-28-2010, 07:34 AM
I believe that there is no perfect away team...hence you may need to make unscheduled changes to the line up.

I can think of many times I beamed down and had to rethink my staffing choice for that paticular mission.

Even when i thought my away team choice was perfect......this game will show you otherwise from time to time.