Lt. Commander
# 1 CRM 200 Question
09-26-2010, 09:17 PM
First off, this is a really nice weapon. Seems to get an expose almost every time.

But I'm curious, why are Engineers excluded from the abilities that enhance the weapon?

Tactical: Assault Training / Special Forces / Firearms
Science: Scientific Theory / Researcher / Xenobiology
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
But I'm curious, why are Engineers excluded from the abilities that enhance the weapon?
That would be...?...? the tactical abilities?

So i would say it's the same reason as why Tacs can't heal or that scis can't make fabrications...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-27-2010, 05:27 AM
It's fun, but not actually very practical, since the AoE takes forever, and it has short range. But it is a decent weapon for a BO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
It's fun, but not actually very practical, since the AoE takes forever, and it has short range. But it is a decent weapon for a BO.
It was very practical for my BO's (and me) who can stun/immobilize/hold enemies and close the gap to use the special attack.

The only downside that I noticed to using the AoE is the aggro it gained me if I was using the weapon directly... perhaps it's a bug, or a feature, but it seems that my Sci BO wields it with more safety than I do.
Lt. Commander
# 5 AoE takes forever
09-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Don't use it if you heavy geared VA1 but at lover it kicks but. It has a stacking cold effect and with 1 sec cool down it is a nasty weapon. I have had so many stacks on a mob they just stop in there tracks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I gave the CRM 200 to my Breen Tactical officer and take him on away missions. Works out pretty well that way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
I gave the CRM 200 to my Breen Tactical officer and take him on away missions. Works out pretty well that way.
The Breen Tac BO doesn't help much with my current crew which relies on 2 Eng + 2 Sci officers, so I gave the CRM to my Klingon Sci BO. She freeze butt with it
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I actually equip it on myself... I give all my BO's split beam rifles (All humans with the 'teamwork' ability) and I have the CRM200... What a combo! Seriously, I use the AoE setting... next thing you know at least half the mob is vaporized seconds later. GAWD what a cool ground weapon!
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-27-2010, 04:14 PM
I support anything that helps take down mobs quicker. It seems to me like there should be one or two really weak guys in a mob. Just to give you the illusion that you're using "weapons" to fight. Sometimes I spend a few minutes shooting guys in the chest over and over with my phaser and they just keep doing the same to me. I thing ground combat just takes too long, but this type of weapon certainly helps.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
That would be...?...? the tactical abilities?

So i would say it's the same reason as why Tacs can't heal or that scis can't make fabrications...
Tacticals heal the same as Engineers - with Hypos. (Medical Generators don't count because the regen isn't going to help you in battle).

Tacticals can summon Security, like Engineers with Drones.

Shouldn't Engineers get somekind of credit in maintaining and enhancing the weapon?
Closed Thread