Lt. Commander
# 21 I totally agree
10-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I think this is a great idea and it's stupid that they wouldn't give us the option just because it would't "look like the show anymore" That was one of the few shortcomings of the tv series' in my opinion anyway. Realism above truism, I say.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Also if you have seen the new Star Trek...there is a scene where the Enterprise is face-to-face with Nero's ship and they aren't on a level plane or altitude. When the cam pulls back the Enterprise is upside down compared to Nero's ship. I know that it was not seen often in the TV Series or movies, but the FACT is that there are no restrictions in REAL SPACE. You can go and any direction and Cyrptic should honor that and add it to the game. Hell...make two different servers. One for Easy, one for Hardcore. If the full 360 never happens then it really sucks that Cryptic isn't up to the challenge. Figures...
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
It occurred to me last night whilst playing that there is a much more likely reason as to why 360 hasn't been implemented.

Have you ever noticed NPC ship behaviour? The ships will ALWAYS turn in the opposite direction that you are turning. Change directions, and they change directions. If you go in one direction, you both end up circling each other and only your turn rate dictates if you manage to get into a forward firing arc.

I'd be wiling to bet it has little to do with remaining true to the franchise, especially given the bazillion other things that they didn't stick to, and more about them not having a clue as to how to implement 360 fighting AI's.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-13-2010, 04:19 PM
not all the ships in star trek met on even planes. anyone remember the episode of DS9 were the kligons divebomb the cardassian and jem'hadar fleet blocking sisco and his fleet from DS9?

anyway, if it gets increased to 80 its going to be a big help and change things alot. but there is no need to complain about it. it is what it is.