Lt. Commander
# 1 Loot Idea
09-28-2010, 11:48 AM
I know I posted this earlier today, but I would like to throw a question at the Dev's regarding something else they were working on in relation to this line of thought.

I posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsranger View Post
Well, this reminded me of one of the ideas I had. I don't know if this is even possible or how hard it would be to do. How trek would it have to be to scan wreckage to find the parts that are loot?
ON TOP OF THAT: specify what loot you are looking for. If set to Any there are higher percentages of rare and vary rare loot. If you are scanning for eng consoles, or sci consoles, or shields systems (you get the idea), you will find what you are looking for but the chances of finding what you want in rare or very rare is a lot less.
On one hand you will get less purples by far. On the up side you get gear you are actually looking for and can upgrade when you get a good drop. Thoughts?

and there was another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
I think a salvage mini-game might be interesting and based on your current difficulty setting the value of the salvaged items would either increase or decrease. There's still an element of chance involved, along with a greater reward based on difficulty setting. Anyone not wanting to play the game could skip it and get a random salvage item.

Salvaged items could be used in Memory Alpha, sold on the exchange or traded in for emblems. They'd have to put some thought into it on how to balance things out in terms of value and exchange rates, but as it stands now the loot drops are for the most part completely meaningless, maybe what's needed isn't an increase in the frequency of gear to sell on the exchange, but something completely different.
Here is my question: It has been said that exploration is getting a revamp, possibly with the ability to narrow what you kind of mission type you are looking for. Could this be along the same lines as the Idea I posted above? Could they possibly be intergrated? Is this even feasable?

Be.....gentle...

Edited because im not good at quoting
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-28-2010, 11:52 AM
I personally think that salvage should be incorporated into a new profession.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesavage
I personally think that salvage should be incorporated into a new profession.
Yeah, along with merchant for trading stuff between starbases. But a world with out loot is hardly worth roaming and randomly destroying in.