Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykee
This would not make STO the #1 mmo of all time, even if it was possible to implement.
To some, it would. To some, that has been one of their dreams. MMO's are not just about shoot em up to many people.

STO has bridged many gaps, and even though it is a great game now, it is still in its infancy.

The amount of stories and adventures that is Star Trek, has still yet to be told in STO.

I would say STO is about 1/100th complete after 6 months.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Lets see, maybe we get the tools to do it ourself when UGC get's there.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-28-2010, 08:03 AM
The 'number one MMO' is a subjective term as everybody likes and dislikes different things. This is already my favourite game and any improvement to the scaling and realism of ships and immersion would make it even better in my eyes, but would this make it the number one in terms of universal agreement, or subscriber numbers, then no i don't believe it would.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Sure it looks cool, but what kind of gameplay would that be?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
The 'number one MMO' is a subjective term as everybody likes and dislikes different things. This is already my favourite game and any improvement to the scaling and realism of ships and immersion would make it even better in my eyes, but would this make it the number one in terms of universal agreement, or subscriber numbers, then no i don't believe it would.
I don't know. Fantasy about 3rd realms (Hobbits, Orcs, Dragons etc) has been played out quite a bit by various groups that it will eventually just wear out, whereas the future and the possibilities of a 3rd realm being on a planet you discover, can be endless.

Everything that has ever been in an MMO, can be duplicated in Star Trek, Remember the planet with the ability to make your dreams come true? The white rabbit, the knight, Kirks past friends & loves, the pistol Sulu found that he always wanted. The female ensign that had Don Juan visit her.

One planet alone, can be any MMO fairy tale in STO. STO can do it given time.

There can be so many interactive theme park planets in STO the count is unimaginable.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
Lets see, maybe we get the tools to do it ourself when UGC get's there.
It would be quite awesome if we would get an option to "design our own bridge" with it, though probably hard to implement due to BO seating and stuff like that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
I wonder how many C points Cryptic would charge for that Enterprise. Maybe I should think in kidneys...
You've got two! Its a win-win-loose-win situation!
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Wow, talk about a silly thread title. Basically what we saw in that video was eye candy, and as cool as eye candy is, it is insignificant compared to actual gameplay. Oh wow, lets run around and look at things....*1 hour later*....ok this is boring, I'm logging off.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribbler View Post
I don't know. Fantasy about 3rd realms (Hobbits, Orcs, Dragons etc) has been played out quite a bit by various groups that it will eventually just wear out, whereas the future and the possibilities of a 3rd realm being on a planet you discover, can be endless.

Everything that has ever been in an MMO, can be duplicated in Star Trek, Remember the planet with the ability to make your dreams come true? The white rabbit, the knight, Kirks past friends & loves, the pistol Sulu found that he always wanted. The female ensign that had Don Juan visit her.

One planet alone, can be any MMO fairy tale in STO. STO can do it given time.

There can be so many interactive theme park planets in STO the count is unimaginable.
I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread.

Yes I prefer sci-fi to fantasy, and sci-fi has more scope, but im talking about the op's idea of improving starship scale, and how that generally wont turn this into the number one mmo, either by mass critical review or by subs generated.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread.

Yes I prefer sci-fi to fantasy, and sci-fi has more scope, but im talking about the op's idea of improving starship scale, and how that generally wont turn this into the number one mmo, either by mass critical review or by subs generated.
Actually I was referring to your response about how Star Trek won't be everybodies everything. It could be if you made planets based on themes of what people do like.

You cannot ride a starship in LOTRO, but you can go to Hobbiton (of course just not call it Hobbiton and stay out of reach of copyright laws) in Star Trek. STO can go this way, It can be so much more, as what the intent of the OP is saying.