Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Tachyon detection grid power (Tier 5 only)

* Tachyon Detection Grid is a power that increases Starship Sensors as well as Stealth Detection. When the grid is active, it also increases the Starship Sensors and Stealth Detection of all nearby allies. Those allies, in turn, can extend those benefits for allies near them, thereby extending the overall size of the grid. It also looks really cool when activated in a group of friendlies.

Finding cloacked klinks is already easy as it is with sensor scan, as well as you can listen after the sound effects when they either charge weapon buff/other buffs just prior to them de-cloacking.
And now were getting even more stealth detection. Im questioning the balance here as klinks is suppose to have their cloack as a compensation for weaker overall ships HP wise.

Else the carriers is about to get naaaasty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I dub this the unofficial official "whine about RSP being nerfed thread" :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I dub this the unofficial official "whine about RSP being nerfed thread" :p
*Covers ears*

But its about bloody time that pecker RSP got the stick.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-28-2010, 04:55 PM
SNB is next. Watch out Sci's !

I feel a big swing coming in your direction. lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
SNB is next. Watch out Sci's !

I feel a big swing coming in your direction. lol
Pffft! Its been beaten once... now they better lay off.

Buuuuuuuut i think i found the compensation for the RSP nerf:

Skill Tree:

* Shield strength improvement has been added to the Captain skills. The percentage improvement to shields equals the percentage improvement to hull.
* Improved related captain skill contribution from 25% to 50%.
o Improved maximum bonus to hull and shield strength from captain skills to 30% with all related captain skills maxed out.

30 whopping %. That will total my max shields at around 20k on my sci boat. Now there is even a more valid reason why most sci boats should be carrying CPB. Crap...time to respec.... again!
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Hmmm indeed... perhaps it will now be 5 man cruiser teams vs 5 man carrier teams. JOY lol
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoras_Serenitus View Post
Buuuuuuuut i think i found the compensation for the RSP nerf:
Not really.

It's an interesting change, but requires a hefty point investment. And is probably going to be the impetus for a nerf to everyone's favorite Mk XI console.

But back to RSP ... the most fragile ships in the game, can only get 6 seconds of it.

That's going to ... end up forcing more people to stick with weekly episodes (which are fun) and shy away from PVP (where they'll die too fast to really enjoy it much).

Toss in the lack of incentive/rewards (at level 51 I can just grind emblems elsewhere ... PVP used to have a carrot on a stick, those awesome shields ... not anymore) ... the wait times ... and the general lack of players (some of the best PVP fleets were devestated by 2.0 and aren't active lately) ... and PVP's not in good shape.

The Carrier pets though ... are amazing improvements for PVE.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-28-2010, 06:06 PM
We just 10-0'd on our little test sample.

Spectator spec works better then ever with no RSP or a RSP nerf lol.

Focus fire damage and SNB will probably be out of control if you even consider being a little offensive.

Potentially I see Tactical Cruisers being a lot less viable even offensively then Engineer Cruisers.

The meager bonus increase in damage a cruiser doesn't outweigh the massive value increase in Engineering Captain abilities while in a Cruiser.

There will probably be a lot of feedback more then usual over this one but I had a fun time in our games.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
I suspect the masses will revolt more then usual over this one but I had a fun time in our games.
It's pretty easy to understand why there will be a lot of negative reaction to the change. People don't like dying quickly. It frustrates them. There will be backlash from this change because of that.

But PVP's in pretty bad shape. Until something gets done about loot and incentive and reward ... this might just go by unnoticed anyways because the bulk of the players right now are far more focused on getting a breen bridge officer and freeze ray gun than queueing up for PVP. And I can't blame them. The Weeklies are fun. Engaging. Really good solid star trek content. PVP has really only gone downhill patch after patch.