Lt. Commander
# 1 Demo Question
10-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I am new to trying this game out, I tried the Demo and I did a few missions then got booted for "maintenance"
Next time I tried to play and for two straight days got "Version Mismatch" error.

My Question is: After you do the rescue mission in space against the Orion raiders do you get pooped out of the game? Am I going to have to have to uninstall then every time or can I just tool around and explore a little? Cause I didn't even get to collect the rewards for that mission I had completed and I have had to uninstall-reinstall so far just to play.

Hoping the real game is not as rude as the demo.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Error, yes. Often? No.
10-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Maxczarr,

Sorry you're having such a rough wrestle with the demo!

What you're experiencing is definitely some kind of glitch or error. I've never had anything quite like that happen before; it's possible that there was a major update that the demo downloader didn't verify, but I'm not computer savvy enough to speculate on it.

Suffice it to say, I think that it's just the demo, and a random confluence of other factors, that is producing those issues.

(Hopefully someone else who has tried the demo can speak more to this!)
--Evhelm
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
You probably downloaded the demo and got stuck between two patches: Friday mornings, and Saturday morning's fix-it patch. I'd suggest you do a forced verify from the demo launcher. It's under the Options tab at the top of the launcher. Hopefully that'll catch any patch errors for you.