Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
09-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Well im not entirely sure but you might mean the Match with my Toon Ve'Klah (Vorcha Cruiser) and a Science Bop (sorry dont know his name anymore) this morning?

That game lasted for 35-40min not 2 hours. And i really feel sorry if i didnt do what you wanted us to do ...just die so that you could get your Skillpoints/Merrits. Im not here for the "quick" XP ,im here for the fun in PvP and if ou going to smacktalk me im going to laugh. The next thing ,we proposed you a fair 2vs2 or even if you wished 1vs1 that you didnt really accepted just bedcause you maybe could loose if you dont have the advantage of more people on your side. (yeah i got a 1vs1 with the Sci in your team later but getting jumped on by you two short after he was a dustcloud)

As i said in Zonechat ...If you want your XP/Merrits ,you gotta earn it ,im not handing them over to you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
09-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Hiya Arizhel, it did feel like 2 hours buddy, I'm not having a go or bad mouthing you if you read the posts... All I'm saying is that it was very boring, pointless and stubbon, ok your not there for the "quick" XP fix but for the pvp and fun I am too but please tell me, fun for you to know we are sitting there and you was willing to camp it out... when it got to the 5v4 part we took it like men, hanged in there engaged you and had a laugh. I just feel that it would be fairer if there was a limit to what you did that's all, if you didnt feel that it was fair for a 3v2 I understand anyone would, yes you did offer a 2v2 and you had your 1v1 and won. imagine that you guys just stayed cloaked the whole match which was pretty much what you did anyway, if we did that to you (if we could cloak that is) you'd be very angry.

Arizhel if you think you offered a "fair" option the whole situation wasnt, the whole point was you was saying "one of you leave or we aint coming out" why couldnt you just slug it and reque for a 5v5... I would of in a 5v1

and just to add your comment:
"As i said in Zonechat ...If you want your XP/Merrits ,you gotta earn it ,im not handing them over to you."

Thanks but you have to come out and play in order for us to earn it... maybe instead of a timed match maybe a limited amount of time you can remain cloaked while in pvp and a cooldown, AGAIN this is just a suggestion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
09-29-2010, 09:52 AM
5vs4 isnt a problem but with 3vs2 where my BoP pilot wasnt that experienced to deal enough damage is pointless. If theres no chance to win and justget slaughtered because of the lack of enough dps against the ammount of Heal isnt fun. And also we did "try" several times the 3vs2 so you cant say we would be cloaking all the time. As said in first sentence ,i dont have a problem with a one man advantage for your team if my team has at least a chance to break through the heal ...i got several games after that one where we where 4vs3/5vs4 which is manageable as you got enough peeps together to actually have a chance to take someone down. I also dont have a problem with dieing against more experienced Teams if they actually really earn it as i like to say. Means they win because of skill and not because of numbers (no offense against you i havent fought you often enough to be able to tell you how good/bad you are).

For your mentioned 5vs1 ...well thats the kind of game im gonna stay cloaked (or hiding at fed side) for 2-3min waiting for some peeps to spawm in for my side or im gonna leave. Im not here for getting slaughtered and theres no fun in getting killed with no chance to fight back.

Quote:
Thanks but you have to come out and play in order for us to earn it... maybe instead of a timed match maybe a limited amount of time you can remain cloaked while in pvp and a cooldown, AGAIN this is just a suggestion.
Quote end:

Yes we stayed cloaked for 3-5min waiting for at least one more to join while also waiting for an answer from you about the 2vs2 or 1vs1. If you would have taken us down in the 2vs2 or 1vs1 then be it as it is but thats the kind of "you earned it"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
09-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riamu View Post
Hiya Arizhel, it did feel like 2 hours buddy, I'm not having a go or bad mouthing you if you read the posts... All I'm saying is that it was very boring, pointless and stubbon, ok your not there for the "quick" XP fix but for the pvp and fun I am too but please tell me, fun for you to know we are sitting there and you was willing to camp it out... when it got to the 5v4 part we took it like men, hanged in there engaged you and had a laugh. I just feel that it would be fairer if there was a limit to what you did that's all, if you didnt feel that it was fair for a 3v2 I understand anyone would, yes you did offer a 2v2 and you had your 1v1 and won. imagine that you guys just stayed cloaked the whole match which was pretty much what you did anyway, if we did that to you (if we could cloak that is) you'd be very angry.

Arizhel if you think you offered a "fair" option the whole situation wasnt, the whole point was you was saying "one of you leave or we aint coming out" why couldnt you just slug it and reque for a 5v5... I would of in a 5v1

and just to add your comment:
"As i said in Zonechat ...If you want your XP/Merrits ,you gotta earn it ,im not handing them over to you."

Thanks but you have to come out and play in order for us to earn it... maybe instead of a timed match maybe a limited amount of time you can remain cloaked while in pvp and a cooldown, AGAIN this is just a suggestion.
Not my match or anything... however heres the deal. When I run into a match where the 2 or 3 feds decide there are going to stay in MES or cloak. I SWITCH to FULL aux... I move to where I think they are... I have even swaped a mine in the back and dropped a few. Bottom line this has never happened to me.
I can think of 3 feds that tried... I found them and KILLED them.

Perhaps you guys whould have looked a bit harder... I some how doubt they where any more then 20k from you the ENTIRE match.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
09-29-2010, 10:08 AM
true true, but you have to agree Something has to be done to make it more of an incentive to engage then hide, hit and run kinda thing which is a very valid tactic If I could cloak hell yeah I would do it also but to drag it oooon and oooooon you'll soon find rage quitters lol and just messes things up. I shouldnt have to leave a pvp match cause someone wont attack.

I like the fact you gave it good goes just wished it was shorter lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
09-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riamu View Post
true true, but you have to agree Something has to be done to make it more of an incentive to engage then hide, hit and run kinda thing which is a very valid tactic If I could cloak hell yeah I would do it also but to drag it oooon and oooooon you'll soon find rage quitters lol and just messes things up. I shouldnt have to leave a pvp match cause someone wont attack.

I like the fact you gave it good goes just wished it was shorter lol
Sure its annoying when someone is hiding on you.... my point is I doubt they where truely hiding. They where unlikely to be 100k away on the other side of the map.

When presented with a tactic you don't care fore counter it.... instead of asking for rule changes.

Heck keep one spare boff with Charged Partical 1... EVERY ship can slot it. If you need to evasive out 10-15k from your ball and smack it. Keep one mine in your inventory... they do follow cloaked ships. KRANK your aux power... even if your a tac with min spend in sensors you will jack your chances of seeing a cloak. You can also keep a boff around with emergency power to aux.

I have run into plenty of feds that refuse to use the tools they have... the devs are even adding a new one shortly. However IT WILL not work if you don't try and sweep for ships. Sitting ass to tale is not going to help you see a klink 15k away.

I don't mean in anyway to assume how you played the game... just that I have seen plenty of feds do this. Complain in zone after 2-3 min that they have not been attacked yet. LOL Cloak is not some perfect invisibility the game has a ton of counters in game RIGHT now for cloak. Good teams catch us when there not huddled up in a nest.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
09-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Just a thought, but taking an idea from Fleet Ops from Star Trek Armada II, why not simply have an idle like timer but instead of ending the match, it starts a sonar like ability that starts highlighting on the minimap where cloaked vessels are. This is not pin point precision, just a general estimate and shown randomly to each pvp faction.

Just for example, a 3 vs 3 KvF game has been idle (no damage to anyone) for 5 minutes. The server than rolls a dice for both factions. If successful, the minimap shows an overlay of color or perhaps those circle like things where the other faction's ships are (cloak or not cloak). The overlay stays up for 5 seconds than vanishes. The dice is than thrown again 10 seconds later.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18 My Addendum:
09-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Nope, I didn't feel the need to explain. If it's bad, it's bad. Why mince words? You were frustrated, I can understand that, but you were clearly exaggerating and omitting vital information. Then, in your frustration, you came here to suggest a largely unneeded change based on a single bad, typically rare, occurrence.

This is the kind of issue that can be and has been worked out time and time again by using zone chat, something you neglected to mention was attempted. Maybe you didn't like even odds anymore than your opponent liked uneven odds but that's how you deal with this sort of thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
... ok that post was helpful, please do attempt to explain your reasons otherwise it'll be ignored, others have taken the time to address this issue, if you think my idea is bad or other's idea's are bad explain why and what you would do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
09-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riamu View Post
@Lintyuk - Aye I agree, there would be issues to address when putting in a new system, scaling issues, math and god knows what else to make it "work" to stop peps from sitting out or waiting a match out, think there is a post below this one addressing afkers and leachers and possibly reporting them or some sort of method of kicking them. What do you think would work?.
Honest answer - I don't know.

But, if there were a different scoring system on which to base PvP games other than kills, deaths, damage and heals - we might be cooking with gas.

I understand from a previous thread that other mmo's have "anti-leech" systems in place though.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.