Lt. Commander
# 51
10-02-2010, 12:24 PM
to be honest; if the opposing team won't engage at all, nor makes any attempt to tell the opponent that they exist - just doesn't want to fight.

Just to save face for the opponent; leave the match and don't waste your time. This is different from someone that engages sporatically or lets the opponent know that they exist. If your opponent actually fights (albiet slowly) then you should make every effort to stay and fight him back.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
When presented with a tactic you don't care fore counter it.... instead of asking for rule changes
Ok how do you counter ships that are cloaked and are staying away from the fight?

I think that timers have a place in PVP but only when nothing is happening. For example, if your sitting there doing nothing for x amount of time, your booted out the game. Works in other mmo's no reason it cant work here.
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Me and my fleet were talking about such a thing but people that do the cloak and hide thing will go shoot off a turret then book it out of there.... timers for inactivity will not affect that. Its like I have been telling people for a while now... report them for griefing... If enough people do this, then the GM's will step in and put a stop in it before it becomes too much more of a problem... Cryptic HATES griefers, that is why the game has been designed the way it is... So just do everyone a favor... after a little time of no action report then leave. This will put an end to the crap... players who do this are no better than children and sometimes need a time out