Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
09-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Treat - another ugly Federation Ship that I can send to its demise.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
09-30-2010, 08:51 PM
If the player is good, then it's a threat. If the team that the player is on is a good, it's an even bigger threat.

If however the player is average or has poor skills, then it is a toy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-01-2010, 01:49 AM
i as a federation science captain intending to use the nebula will say this. its not the detection i like about the grid. its the +20 to sensors (improving my target subsystems, my sensor scan, my charged burst, my jam sensors, and my scramble sensors)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i as a federation science captain intending to use the nebula will say this. its not the detection i like about the grid. its the +20 to sensors (improving my target subsystems, my sensor scan, my charged burst, my jam sensors, and my scramble sensors)
But you are loosing one science console, so in the end, the difference is +3 for that specialized subsystem.

I like the nebula because its sort of hybrid, allowing interesting combination. But it needs a little adjustment to be on par with other ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
But you are loosing one science console, so in the end, the difference is +3 for that specialized subsystem.

I like the nebula because its sort of hybrid, allowing interesting combination. But it needs a little adjustment to be on par with other ships.
i dont really see the loss of a science console that big of a hit, there was no general +sensor console anyways so having being able to boost all those skills is still nice. besides, i think the trade off on that is the extra engineering consle right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i dont really see the loss of a science console that big of a hit, there was no general +sensor console anyways so having being able to boost all those skills is still nice. besides, i think the trade off on that is the extra engineering consle right?
Nope, DSSV has also the extra eng console, but 4 sci. Nebula is missing one "main" console, while other retrofits are missing the "extra" console. Also for a little questionable ability, in term of usability. Saucer separation = used in both pvp and pve, same goes for ablative armor, and cloak. Main ability of grid is for pvp and only against cloaks, the sensor bonus is minor and secondary effect. Now if the bonus was +50 :p

Nebula also has the lowest turn rate and inertia of all science ships, with more crew as "compensation".

Also, there is sensor array console, which is improving sensor scan and jam sensors, or astrometrics console which improves charged particle burst.

Sure, the grid gives you bonus to all such abilities, but its not available always on all your cooldowns with your abilities. Sure, it can be better, but overall, its probably poor trade off.

But..i always like to play underdogs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
My concern with the grid (and I admit to not having had a chance to test it from either side) is not the Nebul chasing you down, that is not the role of the ship, but the grid exposing you. A smart group would utilize the grid to pick off escaping BoP's if the grid actually works.
It seems the effect of the grid is so weak that only another science ship or the Nebula itself actually has a chance to find the battle-cloaking BoP in the first place. So it would only be a danger if there were multiple science ships that don't also happen to be Nebulas. That's not exactly a common occurence and having so many science ships would certainly hurt the enemy turn in some other manner. (Say, the disability to survive the alpha strike of a group of cloaked KDF vessels.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It seems the effect of the grid is so weak that only another science ship or the Nebula itself actually has a chance to find the battle-cloaking BoP in the first place. So it would only be a danger if there were multiple science ships that don't also happen to be Nebulas. That's not exactly a common occurence and having so many science ships would certainly hurt the enemy turn in some other manner. (Say, the disability to survive the alpha strike of a group of cloaked KDF vessels.)
Interesting.. that is too bad, as the grid seems to be the main selling point and if balanced well could provide for some interesting matches.

I'm interested in the base stats of the Nebula, does it have 27K hull HP and 125% shields like other science ships or does it follow the turn rate and have more hybrid stats?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I'm interested in the base stats of the Nebula, does it have 27K hull HP and 125% shields like other science ships or does it follow the turn rate and have more hybrid stats?
Yep, science ship stats with cruiser turn rate
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Yep, science ship stats with cruiser turn rate
I could see maybe bumping up the hull to 30K then and keeping the 125% shields. or bumping the turn rate up to the lowest of the T5 science ships I think that is 9 right?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:44 PM.