Lt. Commander
# 11
09-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Treat - another ugly Federation Ship that I can send to its demise.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-30-2010, 08:51 PM
If the player is good, then it's a threat. If the team that the player is on is a good, it's an even bigger threat.

If however the player is average or has poor skills, then it is a toy.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-01-2010, 01:49 AM
i as a federation science captain intending to use the nebula will say this. its not the detection i like about the grid. its the +20 to sensors (improving my target subsystems, my sensor scan, my charged burst, my jam sensors, and my scramble sensors)
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i as a federation science captain intending to use the nebula will say this. its not the detection i like about the grid. its the +20 to sensors (improving my target subsystems, my sensor scan, my charged burst, my jam sensors, and my scramble sensors)
But you are loosing one science console, so in the end, the difference is +3 for that specialized subsystem.

I like the nebula because its sort of hybrid, allowing interesting combination. But it needs a little adjustment to be on par with other ships.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
But you are loosing one science console, so in the end, the difference is +3 for that specialized subsystem.

I like the nebula because its sort of hybrid, allowing interesting combination. But it needs a little adjustment to be on par with other ships.
i dont really see the loss of a science console that big of a hit, there was no general +sensor console anyways so having being able to boost all those skills is still nice. besides, i think the trade off on that is the extra engineering consle right?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i dont really see the loss of a science console that big of a hit, there was no general +sensor console anyways so having being able to boost all those skills is still nice. besides, i think the trade off on that is the extra engineering consle right?
Nope, DSSV has also the extra eng console, but 4 sci. Nebula is missing one "main" console, while other retrofits are missing the "extra" console. Also for a little questionable ability, in term of usability. Saucer separation = used in both pvp and pve, same goes for ablative armor, and cloak. Main ability of grid is for pvp and only against cloaks, the sensor bonus is minor and secondary effect. Now if the bonus was +50 :p

Nebula also has the lowest turn rate and inertia of all science ships, with more crew as "compensation".

Also, there is sensor array console, which is improving sensor scan and jam sensors, or astrometrics console which improves charged particle burst.

Sure, the grid gives you bonus to all such abilities, but its not available always on all your cooldowns with your abilities. Sure, it can be better, but overall, its probably poor trade off.

But..i always like to play underdogs.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
My concern with the grid (and I admit to not having had a chance to test it from either side) is not the Nebul chasing you down, that is not the role of the ship, but the grid exposing you. A smart group would utilize the grid to pick off escaping BoP's if the grid actually works.
It seems the effect of the grid is so weak that only another science ship or the Nebula itself actually has a chance to find the battle-cloaking BoP in the first place. So it would only be a danger if there were multiple science ships that don't also happen to be Nebulas. That's not exactly a common occurence and having so many science ships would certainly hurt the enemy turn in some other manner. (Say, the disability to survive the alpha strike of a group of cloaked KDF vessels.)
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It seems the effect of the grid is so weak that only another science ship or the Nebula itself actually has a chance to find the battle-cloaking BoP in the first place. So it would only be a danger if there were multiple science ships that don't also happen to be Nebulas. That's not exactly a common occurence and having so many science ships would certainly hurt the enemy turn in some other manner. (Say, the disability to survive the alpha strike of a group of cloaked KDF vessels.)
Interesting.. that is too bad, as the grid seems to be the main selling point and if balanced well could provide for some interesting matches.

I'm interested in the base stats of the Nebula, does it have 27K hull HP and 125% shields like other science ships or does it follow the turn rate and have more hybrid stats?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I'm interested in the base stats of the Nebula, does it have 27K hull HP and 125% shields like other science ships or does it follow the turn rate and have more hybrid stats?
Yep, science ship stats with cruiser turn rate
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Yep, science ship stats with cruiser turn rate
I could see maybe bumping up the hull to 30K then and keeping the 125% shields. or bumping the turn rate up to the lowest of the T5 science ships I think that is 9 right?