Lt. Commander
# 31
09-30-2010, 07:26 PM
No offence re: the slight topic veer, but other than the "I don't have anything else to do, because I am tired of doing everything else" there currently is NO reason to play the STFs at all. If these things were changed to have some nice raid-like loot for completing them a number of times, I'd be there every day/every 3 days/whatever timer you give them. I do hope this is the direction you decide to take the STFs to.

As it currently stands, when you do them once, I find very little reason to re-do them (except possibly for the particularly easy infected, since you can get a purple from the very easy borg space fight - just keep farming it, but I'm not sure this boring grind was intended)
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I don't want to veer to much off topic in this particular thread, but I'll be posting something by the end of the week (in it's own thread) that gives everyone a better idea of the direction we want to go with STF's in general accross the board.

Gozer
Easy enough, "Make it SO" Klingons and Fed's can team together to do the STF's!!

-- I see plenty of Klingon ships in gamma orionis
-- I know most "big" Fed fleets have a sister Klingon fleet
-- this can be construed as an uneasy alliance and an attempt at "Captain Diplomancy" having 2 enemies work together to overcome a mutual "insurgency"!!
-- wasn't that also the last couple of season's of DS9?? The Federation worked with Gowron and the Klingons and finally got a "sturdy" alliance in compliance of the Khittomer accords?
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post
Easy enough, "Make it SO" Klingons and Fed's can team together to do the STF's!!
I do believe dstahl and the dev team are considering the possibilities of how to do this....

I know i'd love it!

Both for STFs, weekly episodes, and private pvp challenges. (currently, we can be on same side, but not team up...)
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
I don't want to veer to much off topic in this particular thread, but I'll be posting something by the end of the week (in it's own thread) that gives everyone a better idea of the direction we want to go with STF's in general accross the board.

Gozer
Thank you my comment was an across the board STF comment thank you for your response. I will watch for the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Nothing personal, but this thread is about Terradome specifically. There are no borg here. And I think the other STF's are more or less ok as they are. Sure, they could use some tweaks here and there, but they are not bugged to the point of being unable to complete it like Terradome can be. And numerous people have posted in this thread that they routinely play all STF's except Terradome.
I did sight the Borg, but It was a general STF comment on their mechanics.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I think the problem with the "invincible Sulu's" bug is related to when the big boss drops his loot. If you kill the commander but fail at keeping Sulu alive you still have the loot but no completion. And since you don't want us farming the loot...
Maybe making the loot drop after all 3 conditions are met. 1. The Terra Commander is dead. 2. The fake Sulu's are dead. 3. Sulu is alive and happy as all get out to see you.

I like the big boss fight. The race from 50% to dead in 30 seconds is fun. And that's what a boss fight should be like. But the room itself is bad. Run in and kill all the incubators then the power nodes and dont worry if Sulu dies. Then after that's done, let Sulu die again, restart and go after the action in the middle. Thats dumb room design. The ceiling zerg isn't a big deal because you can avoid it by killing the Boss first then the fake Sulu's.

As an engineer, this is my favorite STF. As a player, not so much.

Oh, and fix the stupid camera spin bug when you respawn outside the boss room.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Coins.
Camera spins.
Engineers.
Undine masses.
Now this is a new one. I don't know whether or not it's still an issue as i can't
reach that stage no matter how hard I try now, but before 2.0 my groups encountered
some nasty problems with the destructible Undine spawn thingies. It was impossible
to do any kind of damage to it unless you were in melee range. In essence, the STF
has been unplayable to me throughout my time here and I'll probably be long gone before
you've fixed it.
Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:

Gozer
I have not seen an announcement yet? was hoping it would be here http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=183440 / The Gozer STF dialogue/ Announcement thread
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Any ETA as to when this STF may be fixed?
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyboy View Post
Any ETA as to when this STF may be fixed?
Would like to know that too.

One reason for not playing STFs are the huge amount of bugs in them.
Lt. Commander
Issue Summary:
Hello,
we have completed three of the four parts from Terradome.
The Episode-Log shows:
completed: Whispers in the Dark
completed: Déjà Vu
completed: Trial of Janus
open: Where's Sulu?
When we try to continue "Where's Sulu?" we are spawning at the beginning of "Trial of Janus". It's the wrong continue-point.
In these circumstances i don't think that we'll try to complete terradome, because it's too much to do.

Additionally: There was also no "restart" button when "Where's Sulu" failed.
Additionally: The list of known mission bugs is still empty at all.

Customer Service Responses:
Hello .ne-X-us., Thank you for contacting us about your issue. This may be best resolved by restarting the current stage of your mission. Please note you will only lose progress for this stage of the mission. To restart the current stage of a mission: 1) Leave the map that you are currently on & return to sector space via the Abort Mission/Depart System/Beam to Ship button on your mini-map 2) Once you are back in sector space please wait at least 15 minutes for the instance of your mission to reset. (All team mates must also be outside the instance in order to reset it.) 3) Once 15 minutes has passed return to the mission entrance. Click on the "Continue: ..." button to return to your mission. 4) You should now be at the beginning of this mission stage and can continue normally. If you experience further issues completing this mission, please edit this ticket with any additional information that will assist in helping you. Thank you for playing!

update-edit: thanks for the tip, but we already tried to wait (more) than 15 minutes out of mission and we also tried to re-team to get a new instance. the problem is the mission-part to continue:
Entering "continue: where's sulu?" begins with the part "trial of janus"...

Customer Service Responses:
Thank you for the information, Have you tried to drop the mission and team up again? In reviewing the issue you described we found that this function appears to be working correctly. If you believe that the function should be different, please feel free to submit feedback in the Official Forums. (Reachable through the Community tab on the launcher) We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing!

Last suggestion done here: "the function" should be different!
Like the 3rd post of this thread, it cannot be intended, that there is the same spawning point for continueing the last two mission-parts. I think, until this is not fiXed, we won't try it again. We believe that we'll need many tries, to complete the end room, but if we have to do the "trial of janus"-part again and again.. we just don't have the time and fun with it.