Lt. Commander
# 41
11-22-2010, 03:41 AM
I, and I speak for a fast majority of my fleet, refuse to do any mission, or whatever, that takes almost whole day with a group of experienced players, without the guaranty that you will not encounter any game breaking bugs.

Less undine and making them more powerful would be perfect.

The end part is lame. After 10 wipes we gave up.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-22-2010, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1tty
I, and I speak for a fast majority of my fleet, refuse to do any mission, or whatever, that takes almost whole day with a group of experienced players, without the guaranty that you will not encounter any game breaking bugs.

Less undine and making them more powerful would be perfect.

The end part is lame. After 10 wipes we gave up.
we only did terra once :p

but this is the reason why i dont take fleetmates to terra:
the first and only time we tried terra was with a experienced team who knows his / her char really good.

- we finnaly got past 'protect the engineers' part. its to hard and when you fail you have to redo the flipping part.
- as said before; some NCP's flip there coins very often, but some to it only once every 10 min. so we stand there with the whole team watching some NCP's, hopping they flip the coin.
- there where to many undine on the ground part, make something like the patrols and the nodes in the infected. (i know there are a kind of 'nodes' but dont know the name)
- the last part was insane. even before we entered the room sulu was dead and we failed. so we continue to fight to boss,
- i think the end boss is a large part luck because with a experienced team we couldn't kill hem in time before the dead wipe.

After +6 hours doing Terradome and 10 wipes in the last part, we gave up.
now i hope terra gets fixed and we can get a experienced team together and try agian.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Gozer,

Just did Terradome with the fleeties. We got through to the last room and failed once in that room. Usually, this would just mean you all respawn back outside the final room, but instead it made us beam out of the Terradome completely. When we went back in, we had to start from the beginning of the actual Terradome section - "Trial of Janus"... seems that the fix would just be to make it if you fail "Where's Sulu", you just respawn back outside of his room.

Hope this helps when fixing it but other than that, should be completable.

B
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-11-2010, 10:25 AM
were the terminals working? Were you able to save Sulu by activating the terminals and getting him underneath the boss' destruction wave?

That is one of the issues that was broken is that the terminals were not working.

The other issue is that if you wiped the whole mission was bonkered and you had to start over, which it sounds like is still the case.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I don't want to veer to much off topic in this particular thread, but I'll be posting something by the end of the week (in it's own thread) that gives everyone a better idea of the direction we want to go with STF's in general accross the board.

Gozer
Soooo... was this magical statement ever actually made?
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-14-2010, 04:49 AM
I still cannot find any new thread on the "direction" they are going with the STFs. ALso - no response regarding Terradome, officially. Is it fixed or not?
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm gonna start at the beginning and add any replys to previous posters in edits.

first off:
the mission was bugged from the day it was released on tribble, and has never been fully fixed

The Boss battle is the biggest headache.
It seems to be designed for th sequence:
kill fake sulu's,
Keep real sulu placated by repeatedly"talking" to him
Kill commander
Survive massive Zergfest (not sure this is even possible if you don't have two engineers to rotate force field dome)

However, if you kill the commander first, and "Real" sulu dies afterwards, the boss room did not reset properly. (all NPC's in the room are invulnerable until the door is sealed. This failure condition would prevent that "invulnerability" from being lifted, EVER

Season 2 introduced a new game-breaker: if you failed protecting the engineers, you would get a double spawn of both Disguised NPC's and "Real" engineers, making it even more difficult to target the correct engineer with the telepathic inhibiter.

Post season 2, a Half-assed fix was intriduced where any failure conn would force you to beam out. Very bad... Before, if you failed once, you would get a lighter spawn of Undine. Additionally, this fix means that if you fail on the boss fight, you are forced to beam out and restart from "Trial of Janus"

First off, the underlying condition of the existing bugs needs to be addressed. secondly, a 4th start point needs to be added, for the "Where's Sulu" portion of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Sounds like Cryptic paid a lot of money for a mission that very few people actually do or enjoy. Way to go to once again destroy your subscriber base.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I am still waiting to see if they are going to fix it as our fleet has made it to the final room many times and it could potentially be an awesome STF. I just thought they would fix it.

I tell you what - I will pay 200 cryptic points if you just fix this event. Maybe the extra cash could pay for the view hours needed to debug it.
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Never ran it much less any thing ingame that requires a group unfortunately never got past the beginning solo I never hear of KDFs running it just see feds
I'm gunna check on youtube to see if anyone has made videos just to see what its like and hopefully learn something about it would be nice to know what everyone is talking about :/