Lt. Commander
# 1 Share your Keybinds!
09-29-2010, 07:12 PM
So the subject of Key Binds has come up a few times as of late and since the orginal key binds thread has been archived, I thought I would revive the topic.

So what are some good keybinds that you've found handy in-game?

I realize that not everyone will have the same keyboard layout, so specific tray position keybinds are okay in the thread, but what would be more useful is a description of what powers and key command you've found useful to string together. Some of the powers I've chained together are my healing powers, my boosting powers, and some of the ground powers.
Note, one thing I've found is that sometimes you just want to fire off a single power, so be careful that you don't overwrite single use powers keystrokes with chains.

Space powers

Full Power Now!
This combo chains Engineering Fleet, Nadion Inversion, & EPS Power Transfer to a single keystroke. While this is an engineer's power build it has some uses in saving the time for individual keystrokes. Additional ideas I've toyed with in this build are adding Beam Array Overload as the final keystroke, any of the emergency powers to X, or setting up some sort of pre-battle ally buff. The downside to this, is if you target the wrong player, you waste a good buff.

Scan and Fire
This is a Science combo that combines Sensor Scan and High Yield Torpedo. Sensor Scan has a pretty decent ability, but in the heat of battle remembering to press it in addition to the other button mashing, leaves a good power hanging. Since HYT is constantly pressed, why not add a power to the button push.

Attack and Fire
This is the Tactical version of Scan and Fire. It combines Attack Pattern Alpha and High Yield Torpedo.

Shield Healing
This is a tricky one, since everyone has their own way of doing shieilds, but I've found adding
two Distribute Shields commands to each of my shield heals can help move around shield power where I need it.
The Distribute Shields command is +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-29-2010, 07:14 PM
So the subject of Key Binds has come up a few times as of late and since the orginal key binds thread has been archived, I thought I would revive the topic.

So what are some good keybinds that you've found handy in-game?

I realize that not everyone will have the same keyboard layout, so specific tray position keybinds are okay in the thread, but what would be more useful is a description of what powers and key command you've found useful to string together. Some of the powers I've chained together are my healing powers, my boosting powers, and some of the ground powers.
Note, one thing I've found is that sometimes you just want to fire off a single power, so be careful that you don't overwrite single use powers keystrokes with chains.

Additional Note where it says <key> this indicates where you should pick a key to assign that bindset to. Do not type <key> as a part of the command.

Ground powers

These are keybind versions of the combos from Nah'K's Melee Combat Guide

Martial Arts

1 - Jab - 80% chance to Interrupt, 10% chance to Expose.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0"

+TrayExecByTray 0 0
+TrayExecByTray 0 1

2 (12) - Punch - -100% run speed for 1 sec, 10% chance to Expose.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1"
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"

11 - Chin Strike - Root for 1 sec, 10% chance to Expose.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"

22 - Backhand - Root for 1 sec, 10% chance to Expose.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"

21 - Uppercut - 80% chance to Interrupt.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"

112 - Haymaker (EXPLOIT) - +300% Critical Chance. Choose this to do more burst damage, especially if your crit chance has been boosted.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"

211 - Knife Hand Chop (EXPLOIT) - Basic damage + Stacking DoT. Choose this to do more evenly-distributed damage.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"

212 - Snap Kick - Disables target for 3 secs, 10% chance to Expose. Good against tough foes.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"

122 (221) Spin Kick (AoE, EXPLOIT) - Basic damage only, but a lot of it, especially when surrounded.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"

121 - Combined Fist (AoE) - Knocks back targets in forward cone 3 feet, 10% chance to Expose. Good for crowd control.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"

Bat'leth
The Bat'leth is primarily oriented towards damage although it can also root, slow and knock down. It does much higher damage than Martial Arts, especially with finishing moves, but has no means of disabling or interrupting your foe.

1 (2) - Slash - Basic damage and 10% chance to Expose.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0"
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1"

11 (22) - Stun (does not actually stun, roots instead) - Root for 1 second, 10% chance to Expose.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"

12 (21) - "Heavy" Slash - -100% Run Speed for 1 second, 10% chance to Expose.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"

122 - Impale (EXPLOIT) - Basic damage + Stacking DoT, hits *incredibly* hard on Exploit. Best single-target attack.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"

121 (212) - Spin (AoE) - Basic damage, 10% chance to expose. Useful when surrounded by enemies as it not only affects all enemies in your front arc but also takes effect instantly and thus gets interrupted far less than any other finishing move.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"

211 - Rake (AoE) - Knocks back targets in a cone before you 3 feet, 10% chance to Expose. Fairly quick and useful for crowd control.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"

112 (221) - Chop (EXPLOIT) - Basic damage + Stacking DoT, hits *incredibly* hard on Exploit. Activates slower than Impale and is thus easier to interrupt; is thus inferior to Impale.
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1"
/Bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 1$$+TrayExecByTray 0 0"
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-29-2010, 10:05 PM
on my klingon, if i knew how to make keybinds for space, I'd likely keybind High yield torp if I'm not running the breen cluster torp in front, and cannon rapid fire along with decloaking, as thats what i do against npcs, cloak, get like 5 km, hit those owers and uncloak, then mow them down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-30-2010, 03:58 AM
The ground keybind I would love to have is Tab select enemy and automatically have my BO's target it too.

/bind Tab "Target_Enemy_Near $$ + PetCommands_SetAllToOwnerAttackTarget"

Doesn't seem to work for me even though it seems correct.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-30-2010, 04:12 AM
Awesome thread! that clears things up a bit for melee thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-30-2010, 05:40 AM
I have 3 Favorites.

The first one fires all energy weapons and also redistributes shield power each time it is pressed.
/bind Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"

The next two rely on certain Devices and/or Powers being in a specific Power Tray Slot...just add 1,1 to each number to get the tray (as in 0,0 + 1,1 would be Tray 1, Slot 1...the game views tray 1 as 0 and the first slot of each tray as 0)

This one is my emergency escape key...I press it and it sets my power preset to Engines, Fires off an Engine Battery, Reroutes shield power to Rear, and then fires off Evasive Maneuvers power.
/bind <key> "GenButtonclick PowerLevel_Preset_2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 5 5 $$ +Power_Exec Reroute_Shields_Rear $$ +TrayExecByTray 5 7"
So in the above, Tray 6, slot 6 is Engine Battery, and Tray 6 slot 8 is Evasive Maneuvers power.

This one is my healing bind...it will fire off ETIII and Aux to SIF III
/bind <key> "+TrayExecByTray 4 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 2"
In Tray 5, Slot 1 I have first copy of ETIII, in slot 2 is the second copy of ETIII, and in slot 3 is Aux to SIF III power.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Cruiser Healer binds

2 EP2Shields1+Rotate Shield Frequencies+Photonic Officer+Nadion+engineering fleet+weaponskills+fire all weapons - chained on the Spacebar (so you wont have to worry about all these skills, and can instead concentrate on healing)

Weak teamheal

Hazard Emitters1+TSS1+Extend1 set on the x button

Strong teamheal

ET3+ET3+A2SIF3+HE1+TSS1+Extend set on the c button

Basically select your teammate by using F2-F3-F4-F5 keys (F1 to select yourself), then hit the appropiate key.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-30-2010, 12:12 PM
A simple keybind that I find useful when RPing.

/bind y ++walk

This makes walk into a toggle, so you don't have to hold down the button.

Lt. Commander
# 9
09-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellri
The ground keybind I would love to have is Tab select enemy and automatically have my BO's target it too.

/bind Tab "Target_Enemy_Near $$ + PetCommands_SetAllToOwnerAttackTarget"

Doesn't seem to work for me even though it seems correct.
I'd love something like this too. So bloody annoying to have to keep flicking the cursor all the way up to that tiny little focus-fire button.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekvar
I'd love something like this too. So bloody annoying to have to keep flicking the cursor all the way up to that tiny little focus-fire button.
Press the "Y" key and you won't have to do that, i.e. press TAB, press Y.