Lt. Commander
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Thursday, September 30th from 3:00 AM PST to 5:00 AM PST (10:00 AM UTC to 12:00 PM UTC) in order to perform maintenance and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.
Thank you,
The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-29-2010, 04:31 PM
This isn't going to be the patch on Tribble going Live, is it?
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Only the part where your RSP is nerfed!

But srsly. Patch notes?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots
Only the part where your RSP is nerfed!
My RSP? The majority of my ships don't have it, and the two that do don't generally use it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-29-2010, 05:21 PM
No, with the amount of feedback still going on all this i'm betting it's just smaller things and fixes before the skill changes get put into place. (Course I could be wrong)
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm hoping the bridge fixes and the Intrepid nacelle animation are among what's going live.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
I hope not. What's on Tribble is not ready for release.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-29-2010, 06:20 PM
I really hope they don't nerf RSP. I really don't want another game RUIINED by PvP'rs dictating what skills PvE'rs can use.

As it is now it's up for a whole 15 seconds.. and offline for 2 minutes.. that's not really that worthwhile already, and the PvP'rs want to nerf it more? It's not an "I win" skill, so whoopie do it takes you a few SECONDS longer to kill another player, grow up already.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
As it is now it's up for a whole 15 seconds.. and offline for 2 minutes.. that's not really that worthwhile already
It's cooldown is 90 seconds, not 2 minutes. And for 15 seconds, you can virtual invincibility in PvP. 30 seconds later, cruisers can put out another RSP for 15 seconds. 30 seconds after that, another RSP. You get the pattern? That means that a given opponent has 30 seconds to destroy a cruiser, unless that opponent has SNB or can sufficiently pound through the RSP (DEM, bleedthrough, and or a strong enough BO). With the amount of healing an Engineer in a Star Cruiser can produce, it would be difficult in a 1v1 or 2v1 to defeat a good cruiser, while the cruiser can continuously pound an opponent.

I understand what you are saying, but unfortunately PvP is lacking balance, while PvE is decently balanced (when facing opponents like the Borg, how can there ever be balance? I think a decrease in duration while keeping the cooldown the same would have sufficed, but doing both kinda really weakens it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I'd really prefer it if there was a PvP version of the skill that was nerfed, and the PvE version was left alone. I've watched a couple to many games completely butchered because the PvP players demanded nerfs, and then those nerfs adversely affected PvE play.

The problem with PvP, is if a skill can be abused, it will be. So ok, you get RSP nerfed today. What's the next skill to be abused? RSF? BO3? It can only lead to a downward spiral of nerfs..

No not good at all.