Lt. Commander
# 21
10-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots
I've not tested out armor. But armor may -seem- like diminishing returns when it isn't, since it uses percentages, rather than values.
Armor has diminishing returns. And this has been posted about and explained (granted quite some time ago) by a dev.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVel422
what is SNB???
Sub-Nucleonic Beam. It's a science skill
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Funny how someone mentioned Eve online. This game does not need to become a clone of that game. I like the fact that Sto is different from that game. I'm starting to see alot of post from Eve players wanting what that game has here. Sto should be completely different from that game.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikura
Funny how someone mentioned Eve online. This game does not need to become a clone of that game. I like the fact that Sto is different from that game. I'm starting to see alot of post from Eve players wanting what that game has here. Sto should be completely different from that game.
If you read, any, of my posts you will see that I DON'T WANT IT TO BE EVE ONLINE.

L2R
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVel422
what is SNB???
Snot Nose Bubble! Or, Subnucleonic Beam.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm not trying to get things like EVE, I just like having to think a little about how to best set up my ship, and also to be able to experiment with different setups. Right now, there is none of that.

As for armor, I'm curious how it works then. Anyone have a reference to that explanation on stacking penalty to armor? I'm still trying to find (or test) the effectiveness of EPS relays. I know they used to make a difference, but I've not seen it any more, and heard it's only really, out of combat. Any serious studies or dev explanations on how it currently works?

The game needs a test range. A solo PvP challenge room, where you can select static, re-spawning targets to shoot at, and to shoot at you on demand, of various sorts. Timers and stuff to see how well you're doing would help too. (IE, my current setup defeats foe x in 10 seconds, vs 11 seconds for the last one, etc)
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I'll try and dig around. But the post I'm thinking of could be circa February or March. Gonna be a pain to find.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I'll try and dig around. But the post I'm thinking of could be circa February or March. Gonna be a pain to find.
I thought they changed a lot of the way consoles work since then? Sure it's currently still working that way? I'll have to get on a character that has multiple armor consoles and do some testing.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Okay, got some (3) +15 to everything armor consoles. Math will be a bit tricky on this, but here goes.

I start with 10.6% in Kinetic resist.
1 console: 21.1%
2 consoles: 29.2%
3 consoles: 35.6%

So.. 10.5% more after the first one. 8.1% more after the second one, and 6.4% more after the first.

That seems roughly equivalent to a constant 8.9% decrease in how much damage gets through, from having one console less. But not exactly, and I've not done serious statistical math in far too long to recall how this works out, mathematically, any more. I'd love to see that post if you can find it.

Edit: Okay, after having to read up on how to solve for the percentage increase, I'm getting different values for 1, 2, and 3 consoles. So it's obviously not linear.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots
I thought they changed a lot of the way consoles work since then? Sure it's currently still working that way? I'll have to get on a character that has multiple armor consoles and do some testing.
While a lot of other consoles have changed and been tweaked, armor's pretty much been left as is.