Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickofnack
mogh dynasty, So if these guild really want quality pvp why do something so lame?
Its something I will bring up in my next roundtable with the fleet officers.
If you would be so kind to ask the same of the fed fleets whom do the same griefing in kerrat (albiet at different times it seems) as well that would be great. Thanks.

Quote:
Plus the trash talking wow is it awesome that you and several of your buddies can kill one person at a time spawn camping!
Can't help the trash talk as thats up to the individuals involved, and it does come from both sides on a regular basis.

Quote:
That takes some great skill. Why donít you guys stop *****ing about pvp and que up!
I do- all the time - never even been to Kerrat but once. Cya in the arena's.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I do- all the time - never even been to Kerrat but once. Cya in the arena's.
Ya if i see the feds doing the same thing i will post about it with the guild names. and dam roach didint know you where in that fleet. i have no prob with you. your good player keep quein
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickofnack
Ya if i see the feds doing the same thing i will post about it with the guild names. and dam roach didint know you where in that fleet. i have no prob with you. your good player keep quein
Actually most of Mogh D are good people (I think they all are), but Kerrat is a well known place for finding grief and smack and that has a certain draw to players who enjoy open pvp. Not to mention when the flames get bad on the forums a lot of Klink players (regardless of fleet affiliations) will take it out on those feds that are in kerrat as means of release of stress - even though it doesn't make it right.
In fact I have long been under the impression that this is what Kerrat is known for, being the open-pvp zone where grief and snack are prevelant, and one is expected to enter at one's own risk.

I find it funny that the KDF has a non FvK version of Kerrat, but the feds do not, for avoiding this sort of thing. Possibly that is an idea for the Dev's to add to the game so newer players can avoid these situations.

Also its past time we (Mogh) build a premade for fleet vs Fleet matches. I will mention that to our leader as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-01-2010, 12:34 PM
CHC plays from 9 to about 12 PM EST and mostly pvps on the ground. I say anyone that wants to go against us, we welcome it.......

Oh yea....bring it on!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post

Some KDF teams do this, they live and thrive on beating up PUGs, yet when they enter a game with say 4-5 TSI players, they fly to the edge and leave.
lol, I dont think Ive ever seen you make a post without mentioning TSI. I thought you had your own fleet?

Anyways, though my (kling) fleet isnt apart of the original issue, i figure this is as good of a time as any to address this point, as Meline is obviously referring to my fleet.

What Meline said here is somewhat true. The impression he gives off with this quote is way off (only fighting PUGS...err no), but the fact that QEW has left matches against TSI is true. In the past this was likely because we had a terrible setup of ships/classes and there would be no point to playing. We have stayed in matches, many times actually. However, as of right now, and in the future, we will be leaving all matches, regardless of our setup. Simply put, we will not waste our time playing against their Fed team. If they want to play KvK, we are 100% down to do that.

The simple fact is, Klingons are in a tough position, as the two factions in this game are not balanced. Unlike most games where only players at the top levels can really tell the difference, the imbalance in this game is blatantly obvious - Klingons do not have a science ship. This is obviously a problem, especially when science is the most effective class in the game. Add to the fact that there are only two viable options for ship selection (N. Cruiser and Bird of Prey. Feds have more viable cruisers than we do ships), with each of them being weaker than their fed counterparts, and the imbalance becomes even more apparent. There are a few things klings can do that feds cannot, with the most obvious to me being the cloak (which is useless after the initial decloak for the most part) and being able to use shockwave/CPB/high sci skills in an escort type ship (Yet Id much rather have an Intrepid).

As for TSI, they run a great team setup, where everyone is in synergy with one another. Theyre considerably weaker on their own in a PUG v PUG environment, but I understand that their setups are likely for fleet matches. As for why we leave, we simply believe there is no way to beat them with the resources available to us. We've played against each other many times, so its obvious of what is to come. WIthout going into a ton of detail, they generally run 5 tank cruisers/sci ships (no escorts), fly in circles dropping mines, debuffing the hell out of everyone (allowing their little dps to multiply) and spamming science powers, all while healing each other through the roof with all their cruiser hull/science shield heals. It seems they stomp everyone with this setup, because they are actually surprised when we actually manage to get 5-6 kills.

Im not knocking it, it works so why wouldnt they? Its just not terribly hard to do (dont have to aim or fly, just push a single button to do any of the above) whereas on our side its ridiculously hard to counter (no sci ship, worse hull/shields, keeping cannons on target, having to actually turn to switch targets with cannons, avoiding plethora of mines while not having anywhere near the heals).

This post is not intended to be a whiny/complaining post. Its to simply clarify our situation and to tell it how it is. There is no ongoing smack talk with TSI or anything, and from what we can tell, a lot of them seem like pretty cool guys.

Speaking of challenges, we will gladly accept any match from a Klingon team. We have challenged Lore, Mogh Dynasty, GoD (aka TSI), and every other Kling fleet we can find, but no one accepts. Thats with the exception Razor, who is the only one that even seems to play competitively, and I believe there are some ongoing talks about a game against them (mainly we just team up for fun at the moment).

We'll also play Fed fleets aside from the exception above. We'll play competitive matches because that's where the fun of the game is at.

Overall we just continue to hope that Cryptic actually gives the Klingons the attention they need instead of releasing yet another Fed ship. Maybe we should b**** and whine like all the federation players and we'll finally get something?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Heh.. They do this because they can pop newbies.. Entering a que would mean they risk facing a premade Fed group, in which case they more often than not, get utterly stomped.

I flew in a PUG match against Lore yesterday, and while they won.. It was only like 12-15.. 1 Fed didnt have any real score, 2 had semilow (but decent healing) and the 2 last had high damage scores.

So.. A 4-5 man premade Lore team, only barely beats a Fed PUG with 2 good escorts, 2 decent cruisers and a utter newbie.

Some KDF teams do this, they live and thrive on beating up PUGs, yet when they enter a game with say 4-5 TSI players, they fly to the edge and leave.
yes well if klings got a fair shake of the stick & got ships as strong as the feds then it would be
a whole other story.
Fact is klings have suffered at the hands of devs that clearly hate the klingon faction & couldnt give 2 tosses about what they fans or players want or need.

& mel wth are you on about you suck simples.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm just gonna throw this out there, but we do have alot of escort pilots, you just don't see them because we rarely need the burst. There are a significant amount of strategies that we have put together that we haven't needed to bring out.

And stop asking TSI to challenge you to a kvk match. WE DO NOT PLAY KLINKS AS A FLEET. This request is the equivilant of dividing by zero. Period. End of discussion.

edit:

Also, part of the reason why TSI remains popular (at least in my opinion) is because we avoided the traps that befell DoB in that alienating the general public is a bad idea. If you want to know what happened to GoD you can ask K'eg.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I'm just gonna throw this out there, but we do have alot of escort pilots, you just don't see them because we rarely need the burst. There are a significant amount of strategies that we have put together that we haven't needed to bring out.

And stop asking TSI to challenge you to a kvk match. WE DO NOT PLAY KLINKS AS A FLEET. This request is the equivilant of dividing by zero. Period. End of discussion.

edit:

Also, part of the reason why TSI remains popular (at least in my opinion) is because we avoided the traps that befell DoB in that alienating the general public is a bad idea. If you want to know what happened to GoD you can ask K'eg.
Honestly, we dont care if you dont play us KvK. We just ask you dont ***** and whine about us leaving if you dont want to setup an equal match, and to know that the offer is there. That's all.

Were the same way, just the opposite. We're not going to make a fed fleet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-01-2010, 02:38 PM
As someone who fights TSI as often as I can... I can tell you, beagles, that leaving is not the right idea. PLAY THEM... learn their strategies, learn to beat them... you claim to be this awesome fleet, yet... when you see a fleet you know is better than you... you leave... cummon man what kind of attitude is that... when we see TSI grouped up we say Oh **** we are in for a fight... but we ARE going to fight and LEARN from it... -OoV- is a fresh fleet, only about 3 months old... YET... we have gone up the ranks, not because we complain, and leave matches against good opponents, we play, we play to our best abilities, and learn.... if you refuse to do that, then just go and fly the turret boats and leave the PvP to people who will adapt... seriously man... bad attitude for sure...

P.S. How many times does TSI have to tell you they dont roll klinks before you get the freaking point?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20 Heads up!
10-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickofnack
Ok so let me get this right. Klingons what more pvp and want feds to get more involved in it. I have a maxed out klink myself and I enjoy pvp. I even do pvp on my fed. In fact pvp is about all I do now. I see the klingon players always saying they want to have some good fights with premade fed teams. So with that being said i went to kerrat this week on my klink to grind for some parts. When I get there I see a few guilds there spawn camping the feds and trash talking them when they come in. There from the same guilds who whine about not having pvp. I look at the ques and there all fed heavy and just a few klinks qued up for them These are the same klinks that say they want more pvp and ***** about feds not providing it. Well droping mines on the warp spot in kerrat is lame you need a huge group of guys to do this and kill them when they warp in one by one. Thatís pretty sad. I am a klingon and this is a cheese head move. I asked a few of them why they donít let them group up to have a fight or que up. There reply was the same this will make them better pvperís. How is that? There half dead before they even get control of there ship after warping in. Both nights I saw this there were 4 plus doing this. The guilds were as follows mogh dynasty, chc, lore. So if these guild really want quality pvp why do something so lame? Plus the trash talking wow is it awesome that you and several of your buddies can kill one person at a time spawn camping! That takes some great skill. Why donít you guys stop *****ing about pvp and que up!
Listing fleets or people by name will get you infractions by the mods edit your post accordingly.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 AM.