Lt. Commander
The Dreadnought was put in the C-Store. The Borg BO and Weekend Tribbles were put in the C-Store. Does Cryptic have any plans we know of to ever release the Holographic Tribble or Holographic Bridge Officer in the C-Store?

I'm considering picking up another copy of the game and subscribing for one month just for the rewards. Should I do it? Or should I hold out and see if they will put this in the store?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
I suggest hold out for now. I have both and they really don't give you a major boost in either space or ground combat. Still the holo BO is cool to have, looks good.

Honestly the choice is really yours. As long as it is offered as a referral program incentive it probably won't hit the C-Store. That's just my assumption though, anything is possible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I suggest hold out for now. I have both and they really don't give you a major boost in either space or ground combat. Still the holo BO is cool to have, looks good..
Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it.

I figured that the Dreadnought was just due to fan-demand. Its extremely hard to recruit like 5 friends, so they got us to pay for it. (Fan-demand also got the Champ-lifetime Mirror Universe uniforms).

I want them for the fun of it; I just don't want to pay $10 for the tribble and another $15 for the bridge officer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I suggest hold out for now. I have both and they really don't give you a major boost in either space or ground combat. Still the holo BO is cool to have, looks good.

Honestly the choice is really yours. As long as it is offered as a referral program incentive it probably won't hit the C-Store. That's just my assumption though, anything is possible.
I don't even think it looks good. You can't even customize it. And why does a hologram have to have a glowing transparent science kit on? It doesn't make it look like a hologram. It makes it look like a science captain. Really, other than the occasional flicker the Holo BOff should look like any other BOff.

And the holo tribble is pretty useless. You can get a better buff from (mat)s and (ric)s.

No offense to the devs that created them.

And Galaxy X is still offered for recruiting, in addition to being available on the C-Store. The Holo BOff and Holo Tribble will be there eventually.

Lt. Commander
# 5
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I don't even think it looks good. You can't even customize it. And why does a hologram have to have a glowing transparent science kit on? It doesn't make it look like a hologram. It makes it look like a science captain. Really, other than the occasional flicker the Holo BOff should look like any other BOff.

And the holo tribble is pretty useless. You can get a better buff from (mat)s and (ric)s.

And Galaxy X is still offered for recruiting, in addition to being available on the C-Store. The Holo BOff and Holo Tribble will be there eventually.

I agree that it should be customizable. Then again so should the Breen BO. As for the science kit and the other points you mentioned, they aren't right or wrong, it is a matter of perspective. I happen to think the holo BO looks good the way it is, but I'm not saying it can't look good any other way either.

The holo tribble has one difference then any other tribble, it can create a holographic copy of itself for your teammates to use. So if they do not carry a tribble at least they'll get that small boost.

There are 2 reasons why the Galaxy X is offered for both recruiting and on the C-Store. 1) It was in high demand that everyone be able to obtain it through the game or through the C-Store. 2) Cryptic understands that not everyone can get 5 referrals.

I'm not saying that the holo bonuses shouldn't go on the C-Store, I just believe that Cryptic won't be putting them up anytime soon (within the next month or two), since 1 referral is a lot easier to get then 5.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-29-2010, 11:06 AM
The game needs to keep something as a referal reward. People aren't going to refer friends for an optional title. And when you consider that you can buy a copy of hte game for $10.00 and play 2 months for $15.00 more (1 free month and 1 paid month) it's not exactly super-expensive to get a friend involved in the game to earn the tribble and BO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

I would actually have to disagree with you here. The photonic tribble gives your group each a tribble as well as enhancing your regeneration and damage resistance. So it gives better protection than the mats and rics since they have one bonus used as a damage buff.