Lt. Commander
# 1 Sharing Player Created Aliens
10-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I have been playing for a while now and I have to say that, some of the creations that players have come up with for their alien races are remarkable. However, its odd that there is no way to share these with others and allow them to play as these alien races.

I think it would be an awesome idea to give the players some way of...sharing their creations with the rest of the STO community. One idea is to allow them to be sold for small amounts on the C-Store, giving a percentage of the sale to the player in C Points.

Another is to have a market place that people can put their creations, with a rating system for them. Then the players can download the races that they like the look of and we will see more than single members of these alien races running around.

What do you think? Good idea or bad idea?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_JesterUK
I have been playing for a while now and I have to say that, some of the creations that players have come up with for their alien races are remarkable. However, its odd that there is no way to share these with others and allow them to play as these alien races.

I think it would be an awesome idea to give the players some way of...sharing their creations with the rest of the STO community. One idea is to allow them to be sold for small amounts on the C-Store, giving a percentage of the sale to the player in C Points.

Another is to have a market place that people can put their creations, with a rating system for them. Then the players can download the races that they like the look of and we will see more than single members of these alien races running around.

What do you think? Good idea or bad idea?
I've made a post sharing all my creations, feel free to use them.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=180517
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-01-2010, 11:27 PM
it would be fun if cryptic hosted some competitions on alien creator i also do like your idea