Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
Breen Episode Series Finale Saturday Sept 25 at 11am PDT

We want to remind everyone that the Breen Featured Episode Series Finale is this Saturday starting at 11am PDT. When the episode is turned on, the mission will become immediately available. However, you will need to go to the right location and contact to take the new mission.

To play the final episode "Cold Storage" there are a few requirements
  • You must have access to the Defera Sector (This requires level 10 for both the Fed/Klg faction).
  • You must have completed previous episodes in the Breen Featured Episode chain.
  • You must be in the Defera Sector and hail Ambassador Surah to get the next episode.

After travelling around the sector last week looking for components to the Star Map, you will be travelling to the location of the Preserver Archive to discover the secrets it may hold.

We want to remind you that Featured Episodes and daily mission can be played by both Federation and Klingon faction players. You can play these episodes at any level 10+ and the episode will scale to the team leader level (or just your level if you are solo). There is a daily patrol mission in the sector "Aid the Deferi" that offers 3 Emblems on completion for Fed/KLG players that are at max level. On this patrol, you may also find other missions the Deferi may ask for your assistance with (note: the patrols are not required to earn the special series reward)

Since this is the final episode in the Breen Featured Series, when you talk to Ambassador Surah to turn in the completion of Cold Storage, you will receive both the mission reward and the series special reward - all at once.

The ability to turn in Cold Storage and get the special added reward will only be available if you turn in the mission before 3am PDT on October 14th, just prior to when Featured Episode Series 2 starts. After that date, if you turn in the Cold Storage mission, you will only recieve the standard mission reward.

The special reward is per character, so if you want to have the special reward on multiple characters you will need to complete the episode series with each character you want to have the special reward. If you were unable to claim the special reward prior to the next series, we are still debating ways that you may be able to obtain this in the future (either through c-store or some re-run weekends concept - but nothing definite yet).

Since these Featured Episodes are a new concept for us, we are constantly debating and reviewing feedback about the series. As previously mentioned in prior reminders, there will be a couple weeks between series 1 and series 2 where there will be no featured episodes. This is to both give players time to complete the series and get the cool reward, and to give us time to polish and make the next series awesome.

Based on our current schedule, we are anticipating that after Series 2 - we may need a longer haitus between Series 2 and Series 3 so that we can ship the Season 3 update and get all the cool bells and whistles we want for Series 3. We are looking at ways to provide some additional content during the "off-weeks" but can't promise anything at this time. We'll see what we can do. But rest assured we love these featured episodes and plan to keep making them - at least in the short term.

Links to more information about Weekly Episodes
Enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Awesome! I hope that the weekly episodes are something that will continue for long after Series 3.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-24-2010, 05:04 PM
*squees loudly in stahl's ear*

I CANT WAIT!! *screams*
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I've to say... u all made a great job with that first series... I can't wait to play tomorrow the final episode and I realy looking forward for the next several series.

The style (a good mix of fighting, diplomatic stuff and exploring) of that episodes, the ambience, the story... and the eagerness make it realy feels like a Star Trek (mini)season... Keep it up!
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-24-2010, 05:13 PM
This is just like the days I use to wake up for Saturday morning cartoons.. but I can't miss it this way! Looking forward to tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-24-2010, 05:14 PM
grrr i dont think i will be able to sleep tonight , will be up early than usual and be stuck waiting for yall to turn the switch on for hours lol i hope theres a good finale space battle or something
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-24-2010, 05:30 PM
I can't wait to see the conclusion and look forward to Series Two. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The special reward is per character, so if you want to have the special reward on multiple characters you will need to complete the episode series with each character you want to have the special reward. If you were unable to claim the special reward prior to the next series, we are still debating ways that you may be able to obtain this in the future (either through c-store or some re-run weekends concept - but nothing definite yet).
Please, oh PLEASE do not make the special reward available on the C-Store. The last thing I want to see is yet ANOTHER item that people had worked hard for to earn cheapened for a few extra bucks in Cryptic's coffers. I do like the idea of a "rerun weekend", though...offer it up again for future players to get it, but earn it in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Breen Episode Series Finale Saturday Sept 25 at 11am PDT

We want to remind everyone that the Breen Featured Episode Series Finale is this Saturday starting at 11am PDT. When the episode is turned on, the mission will become immediately available. However, you will need to go to the right location and contact to take the new mission.

To play the final episode "Cold Storage" there are a few requirements
  • You must have access to the Defera Sector (This requires level 10 for both the Fed/Klg faction).
  • You must have completed previous episodes in the Breen Featured Episode chain.
  • You must be in the Defera Sector and hail Ambassador Surah to get the next episode.

After travelling around the sector last week looking for components to the Star Map, you will be travelling to the location of the Preserver Archive to discover the secrets it may hold.

We want to remind you that Featured Episodes and daily mission can be played by both Federation and Klingon faction players. You can play these episodes at any level 10+ and the episode will scale to the team leader level (or just your level if you are solo). There is a daily patrol mission in the sector "Aid the Deferi" that offers 3 Emblems on completion for Fed/KLG players that are at max level. On this patrol, you may also find other missions the Deferi may ask for your assistance with (note: the patrols are not required to earn the special series reward)

Since this is the final episode in the Breen Featured Series, when you talk to Ambassador Surah to turn in the completion of Cold Storage, you will receive both the mission reward and the series special reward - all at once.

The ability to turn in Cold Storage and get the special added reward will only be available if you turn in the mission before 3am PDT on October 14th, just prior to when Featured Episode Series 2 starts. After that date, if you turn in the Cold Storage mission, you will only recieve the standard mission reward.

Since these Featured Episodes are a new concept for us, we are constantly debating and reviewing feedback about the series. As previously mentioned in prior reminders, there will be a couple weeks between series 1 and series 2 where there will be no featured episodes. This is to both give players time to complete the series and get the cool reward, and to give us time to polish and make the next series awesome.

Based on our current schedule, we are anticipating that after Series 2 - we may need a longer haitus between Series 2 and Series 3 so that we can ship the Season 3 update and get all the cool bells and whistles we want for Series 3. We are looking at ways to provide some additional content during the "off-weeks" but can't promise anything at this time. We'll see what we can do. But rest assured we love these featured episodes and plan to keep making them - at least in the short term.

Links to more information about Weekly Episodes
Enjoy!
Awedome and nm
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-24-2010, 06:56 PM
i love it......but am i the only one who noticed the sketchy remarks about the future of the series's

"We'll see what we can do. But rest assured we love these featured episodes and plan to keep making them - at least in the short term"
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-24-2010, 07:10 PM
I would suggest going the route of "rerun" weekends as it sounds better somehow.