Lt. Commander
# 11
10-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Tholians and borg enhancement concept art looks great! I can't wait to see the progress this game continues to make!
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-01-2010, 06:45 PM
I like that the ground combat revamp and mission replay are scheduled for Season 3. And that you won't put them in if they're not ready.

Also nice to know the Fleet Fleet Actions could be here within the year.

I'm happy with this session of Ask Cryptic. Thanks for answering the questions.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-01-2010, 06:50 PM
So many exciting things to be found in this Ask Cryptic... I can't wait to see these changes & additions make their way to the playerbase.

Further details on the upcoming STF 'Set' was especially exciting, along with the Tholian concept art (looks awesome btw) and Fleet Starbases.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Tholians = Awesome

Dstahl = Love ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Dstahl: Sitting in chairs has been low priority as we have far more urgent requests for the animators and tech-art developers, but it’s something that we will get to eventually.
Eventually? Really? Eventually? You guys PROMISED this Feature, we are waiting for it since May and now it is eventually? You got to be kidding me. The so called far more urgent requests are for Neverwinter or for STO? There is no eventualy for Sitting in Chairs if you want to keep Roleplayers as Costumer.

And for the rest of the Ask Cryptic:

Are you running a MMO or a Animal Show were you hope to get the Animal of the Week in front of the Camera? You really just hope to get something done for S3 or S4? That is a Joke, right? You don't even know what you will do? You just hope to see, more replayability? You just hope to get things done? Really? No concrete answers, just we hope that and we hope this.

I really thought after the last Engineering Reports, States of the Game and the Weekly Episodes that you guys are finaly on the right road. But after this Ask Cryptic the old doubts are back and some new doubts joined the Party.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Dstahl: Sector Space will be getting a visual touch up in Season 3, but will not be physically getting any bigger. However in current testing, the visual changes we’ve made already make the sector “feel” bigger. Ultimately we want to be able to drop the multiple sectors altogether and have one seemless world, but we’re a ways off from being able to implement that.
I like this myself, though I do understand it may be some time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Read the whole thing now and I have to say that it is the most EPIC "Ask Cryptic" to date!

The idea "regarding adding passive crew-members for your ship" is awesome!

The "thematic Borg components" look fantastic and will give many players, including myself, a very good reason to want to play the STFs.

Definitely looking forward to "PVP Leaderboards", definitely FTW!

When I got to the answer, which mentioned how Klingons will go about getting materials to use for "crafting", I was astonished and so happy. As the idea in the response is so very close to ideas posted by a number of us players in the Klingon forum thread, "Klingon Alternatives to crafting".
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-01-2010, 07:00 PM
1; Borg gear haz VFX off switch please. :p

2; Tholians, the general direction head torso and textural design are *epic*, but I'd love to see them a bit taller and less wide. Not such an incredibly low center of gravity. Less spider like.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Sounds great. I was hoping that they would modify the STFs so it could be played solo. However maybe it would encourage people to team up. I would sitill like the STF modification.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-01-2010, 07:04 PM
The screenshot of that Noble-class battleship is pretty neat!

The Tholian concept looks quite nice.

I'm not enthused about the Borg set-items. They get a big 'meh' reaction from me... but that's mainly because I'm not a great Borg fan. I've access to making a liberated borg captain and a Borg bridge officer, and I use neither just because i don't like them. x_x

I'm frustrated that Daniel Stahl dodged the crew gauge question. Ships have crew and the crew mechanic looks more or less useless. He gave an answer about "well, we might have plans to add passive bonuses if you sacrifice candidates to join your 'crew pool' but...". Damn! Mister Stahl, you know what the crew gauge is, you know it yo-yos from all dead to everyone alive under a minute, and you know just as well as we do that it makes next to no noticeable difference wether you have a ship with 50 crew or a ship with 1000. It would've been nice to get a more concrete opinion on that rather than being given vague conceptual ideas.

Other than that, the rest of the questions seemed focused on a general impression that "Yes, we want to fix things. When? Not soon." It wasn't as bad as I make it sound - again, I'm just miffed by how the crew question was so blatantly dodged and answered with something else that was semi-related.

Thank you for answering some of our questions. some answers leave me ambivalent, but I appreciate the time you took to give us feedback.