Lt. Commander
No not THAT joystick.

My new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I got my nice shiney new toy today, envisioning all the noobs I was gonna tear up in the BGs. Came home, pluged it in and started to try and see how I can program the buttons. The X/Y manuevering ability works, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to try and program the buttons. When I went to controller and then to key binds to try and bind the joystick keys to abilities, it gave me some pop up window that said "click any key or choose from the list of special keys below" Well clicking any key didn't do squat. As for the list of "special" keys, they're all mouse buttons. If I can't at LEAST bind weapons to it I'm going to be a VERY unhappy camper. Throttle would be nice too.

If anyone has experience using a joystick please help
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-02-2010, 04:05 AM
When halfway through playing a battle i glanced to my right and saw my joystick collecting dust. My first thought was hmm i wonder and a few minutes later id connected it up. Just like you i can fly my ship around fine it but i cant work out either how to bind the buttons. In the end i simply gave up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Use whichever application that came with your joystick and program the buttons to corresponding keys on your keyboard. Then change the keybinds in the options and press the key on your joystick when it prompts for it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2010, 11:24 AM
uum sorry to sound like a computer ****** but you lost me at programming the buttons to corresponding keys on my keyboard. I installed the app like you said but when I went in game, it didnt' give me any more options for my joystick key binds. ???
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I think (could be totally wrong) Its a seperate programme that comes with the joystick . You need to open it up in windows and create a profile for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Yep your right. I loaded the software that came with the joystick, and it gave me a "profile" set up section. The problem is I still cant get it to bind to keys. I went online to Logitech's website and apperently there's some problems with the way Cryptic reads the commands from logitech hardware when giviing the commands at full speed. They said you had to make macros with delays, or use the "record delays" option in the profiler, which I couldn't find. Also when you bind keys, it's uses ALL commands that use that key when you press it, aka, If you bind 1 to a key, when you press that key it will activate the ability you have in 1 but also the abilities you have in ctrl 1 and alt 1. I tried mapping space to the trigger key, since space is the key bind to fire all phasers. This does nothing. I'm so lost.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-02-2010, 01:10 PM
I've got a Logitch Dual Action Game Pad I use. So I don't know if what I'm about to say will help any or if it'll make any sense at all.

When I set my controls up for mine, like ya said, I had to create a profile for the game I'm using. From there, I had to set the binds for that profile. To do that, I had to create keystrokes, which can be set by hovering over which button you want to set the key binds to, to corespond to keys on the keyboard. If ya click on that button, a list should come up showing the various options. On mine, I selected "Set Keystroke" then "New Keystroke" and went ahead set up all of my binds. I set all of my binds to the NumPad and assigned them to the respectvially numbered keys on the contol pad.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Are you using the setpoint software from Logitech? I have a Logitech trackball not a joystick but it should be the same procedure. In the left side of the app the button setting should be the top one. There should be a select button section and then a select task section next to picture of your product.
Then just do what Captain_Zero said.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-02-2010, 01:32 PM
That's what she said!

Sorry, couldn't help myself
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I DEEED EEEET!!! I GOTZ SKEEELZ!!! LOL

It was exactly as you guys said. I had to set the "keystroke" in the logitech profile to match the key on the joystick. For some reason it wasn't working at first, not sure what "clicked" but it all came together.

There's only one realy REALY REALY irritating problem I'm having. The fire all torpedos hot key also fires off your mines as well. Which pretty much means I'm running all over the place dropping mines like rabbit turds every where but where they would actually be usefull. This is a problem with the Cryptic setting in my book as fire all torpedo's should be just that, fire torpedos, and have fire all weapons buttons drop the mines. Oh well. Mabye i'll live with it or I'll just do away with mines. Thank you all for you're help and patience. To Mekvar: This is all new to me so if I'm slow, tough.

Thanks again! NOOBZ BE WAREEZ!!!