Lt. Commander
# 1 The Implications
10-02-2010, 07:03 AM
What is this? I did something I almost never do and actually read an "Ask Cryptic." My melon is totally scrambled. I can't think straight. I ask you my fellow proud Klings, did I read this right?

"Dstahl: Yes. There will be at least 1 big item at the end of each research tree that will be only attainable via crafting. The current plan is to make these 3 items have synergy via a set bonus and to ensure they are not bind on pick up. This also involves making crafting available on Qonos and adding missions where KDF faction players can raid Federation research stations to nab anomaly data. We have a lot more plans but this is where were starting and hope to continually add more benefits to the research game."

OMG there is some real love on the Klingon radar? Crafting on Quo'nos? Raids of Memory Alpha or something like it? DStahl this is too good to be true. I know it will take time, but I so look forward to this.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Sounds pretty exciting to me. Raiding for anomalous data. I can't wait.

Although I hope the amount of anomalous data we get is worth the effort. Considering we'll only be getting it in these types of missions. Where as feds get data in every missions. None the less, I'll be excited to see how this is developed.

Also what about the data mini game? Will we bet getting that? Or some other type like a crack the code kind of thing?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-02-2010, 07:41 AM
I'm also hoping that the amount of data we'd get from such missions is substantial - but my guess is that it'd take a lot of, erm, "balancing" before we get that...

Also, I'd love to see this as a PvP option in addition to PvE, like some type of "Assault" map. Not sure what the defending Feds should get if they win, though...
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Will believe it when I see it, they can't even get 3 ships out to the KDF let alone anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Now the idea of shooting up some fed research posts and running of with bulging sacks of techno swag is EXACTLY why I want to play a Klingon.

Why mess about scanning fiddly anomolies when there are a brigade of spinly weaklings in an undefended outpost who already did all the hard work.

Raise the standard and call out the warband!
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-02-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't really care about crafting, but raiding a Federation research base sounds like a lot of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 7 look out CRYPTIC
10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Fed players max at VA1 - Klingons players are ignored and 2nd class - in case CRYPTIC is asleep SWNR is going to take your gamers when they come online - stop making excuses and listen to your players - season 3 maybe already to late - remember what happened to SWG and SONY?
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Yeah I played SWG and I am in no rush to try the new version thankyou.

I don't know if you have spoken to many players in this game but there is something very, very special about Star Trek. I have never met so many first time MMO players in any otehr MMO as I have in here. The idea that this fanbase is going to defect en masse is crazy. The same can be said of Star Wars, of course, but not necessarily the same people.

We love Star Trek!
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post

"Dstahl: Yes. There will be at least 1 big item at the end of each research tree that will be only attainable via crafting. The current plan is to make these 3 items have synergy via a set bonus and to ensure they are not bind on pick up. This also involves making crafting available on Qonos and adding missions where KDF faction players can raid Federation research stations to nab anomaly data. We have a lot more plans but this is where were starting and hope to continually add more benefits to the research game."
OMG that sounds cool.
What will happen to all the anomolies I have gathered up till now?
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
Yeah I played SWG and I am in no rush to try the new version thankyou.

I don't know if you have spoken to many players in this game but there is something very, very special about Star Trek. I have never met so many first time MMO players in any otehr MMO as I have in here. The idea that this fanbase is going to defect en masse is crazy. The same can be said of Star Wars, of course, but not necessarily the same people.

We love Star Trek!
i myself never had any interest in MMO's ,having never played one before. I bought this one because my XP computer died ( RIP buddy), & i got a new windows 7 computer.My SFC games didn't work on it, so I went shopping for a windows 7 star trek game & found this one. I love it. My first, & probably only MMO. I'll say it again, I LOVE STAR TREK. I love the tv shows. I love the movies. I love the books, & I love the games.( that said, i thought voyager & enterprise kinda sucked.)
I'll probably keep playing this game as long as its around.
& yeah, we Klingons need more love, but goodies are coming our way, let's be thankful for what we are about to receive.
Back on topic, These new additions sound fun! I'm eagerly looking forward to them.