Lt. Commander
# 11
10-03-2010, 10:59 PM
ha ha ha seriously you nuggets believe that ? come on look at the out cry when a lucky klink
got dumped on ESD.

At most it will be a mission vs npc we wont get live raids to many carebears for us to actualy
get to raid a station where the feddybears play.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBzMadDog View Post
At most it will be a mission vs npc we wont get live raids to many carebears for us to actualy get to raid a station where the feddybears play.
This!! Plus, I will believe it when I see it on tribble test server
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-04-2010, 04:36 AM
I have no idea whether they actually based it on my idea of not or if my idea only happens to go in the same direction

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&postcount=40

but the good thing is that we'll actually get some kind of crafting.
The underlying implication that I don't like is that the Klingons can't do it entirely themselves but must rely on the Federation in some form to make it possible.
We know the Klingons roamed that stars, developed ships, weapons and other technology before the Federation was even founded.
Why do they need to rely on others to find the raw materials for crafting for them?
I am aware that I proposed something similar myself however only as one of possibly several routes.
We do know the Klingons have scientists of their own and we do know they have research stations of their own.
Why not show one of those?
Why show only Federation ones and then for the expressed purpose of raiding them?
Are the Klingons violent Pakled or a race of Duras sisters now?

Since Dstahl posted that they hope to add more routes in the future, I hope at least one of them allows the Klingons to actually be a self-sufficient race in its own right.

When I get together with my father for an eveneing of eating, drinking some beer and talking etc. we ususually go to a place where there are sveral children's menues.
One of them is called "Räuberteller", which is German for "Robber's Plate".
It is for free.
It means the child in question gets an empty plate and a fork and then goes hunting at the parents' plates for whatever it can get.
For some reason the first thought I had when I read the only option we're going to get for now is raiding the Feds was "Räuberteller".
I hope one day we'll be getting the grown-up menu too.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
ha ha ha seriously you nuggets believe that ? come on look at the out cry when a lucky klink
got dumped on ESD.

At most it will be a mission vs npc we wont get live raids to many carebears for us to actualy
I kinda covered that ion the original post brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
OMG there is some real love on the Klingon radar? Crafting on Quo'nos? Raids of Memory Alpha or something like it? DStahl this is too good to be true. I know it will take time, but I so look forward to this.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
What is this? I did something I almost never do and actually read an "Ask Cryptic." My melon is totally scrambled. I can't think straight. I ask you my fellow proud Klings, did I read this right?

"Dstahl: Yes. There will be at least 1 big item at the end of each research tree that will be only attainable via crafting. The current plan is to make these 3 items have synergy via a set bonus and to ensure they are not bind on pick up. This also involves making crafting available on Qo’nos and adding missions where KDF faction players can raid Federation research stations to nab anomaly data. We have a lot more plans but this is where we’re starting and hope to continually add more benefits to the research game."

OMG there is some real love on the Klingon radar? Crafting on Quo'nos? Raids of Memory Alpha or something like it? DStahl this is too good to be true. I know it will take time, but I so look forward to this.
I shall believe this when I see it happen. I suppose that this occurance for season 3 might make a few klinks happy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-04-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm guessing this will be season 3 at the very earliest, but still. Cool stuff.

I wish all the martyrs would leave already. Mel Gibson himself couldn't prolong a death scene this long.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
I have no idea whether they actually based it on my idea of not or if my idea only happens to go in the same direction

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&postcount=40

but the good thing is that we'll actually get some kind of crafting.
The underlying implication that I don't like is that the Klingons can't do it entirely themselves but must rely on the Federation in some form to make it possible.
We know the Klingons roamed that stars, developed ships, weapons and other technology before the Federation was even founded.
Why do they need to rely on others to find the raw materials for crafting for them?
I am aware that I proposed something similar myself however only as one of possibly several routes.
We do know the Klingons have scientists of their own and we do know they have research stations of their own.
Why not show one of those?
Why show only Federation ones and then for the expressed purpose of raiding them?
Are the Klingons violent Pakled or a race of Duras sisters now?

Since Dstahl posted that they hope to add more routes in the future, I hope at least one of them allows the Klingons to actually be a self-sufficient race in its own right.

When I get together with my father for an eveneing of eating, drinking some beer and talking etc. we ususually go to a place where there are sveral children's menues.
One of them is called "Räuberteller", which is German for "Robber's Plate".
It is for free.
It means the child in question gets an empty plate and a fork and then goes hunting at the parents' plates for whatever it can get.
For some reason the first thought I had when I read the only option we're going to get for now is raiding the Feds was "Räuberteller".
I hope one day we'll be getting the grown-up menu too
I view the raids as a kinda of cool dive that makes it so they do not have to go back through the code and add actual anamalies to the "Nothing of interest to the Empire" scans.

About the part I highlighted, Outch but under Zink Cryptic earned it, and you are right it does kinda feel that way. Zink flat out said he did not lke PvP, what impact would that attitude have on a PvP faction? Ingored to death like we were maybe?

The thing is even under DStahl we will have to wait for the stuff that Zink started to clear the pipe before we start to see what Stahl's vision for the Empire really is. We have already seen that some cool new things are on the way for the Klings, more costume options and ships. I have seen the propsed changes for the Gorn, while Logan has given us peeks of the new ships, and both look great. That is why I have a hopefull wait and see stance right now.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
ha ha ha seriously you nuggets believe that ?
Yes.
10chars?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
got dumped on ESD.

PvP raids- NO.
PvE raids, It would be fun and hopefully allow some KDF crafting, but like all promises the proof is in the follow through.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-Brewster View Post
Will believe it when I see it, they can't even get 3 ships out to the KDF let alone anything else.
This is pretty much how I feel right now.