Lt. Commander
# 21
10-04-2010, 11:44 AM
I take comfort from the fact that Klingon crafting and advanced Fed crafting take place in the same statement. Maybe I am inferring too much, but I choose to believe the intention is that they appear at the same time.

Why does that appeal, well mainly because crafting is largely useless at the momet, and have no desire to repeat the effort I put into my fed character with another one.

If Klingon crafting comes into games I expect you will find a larger number of Klingon crafters as a proportion, oif for no other reason than their outstanding lack of things to do.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Like others, I'll believe it when I see it. However, it does make me excited to think that it's even being DISCUSSED.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-05-2010, 03:40 AM
Dont get your hopes up, if there is a raid on alpha that will be in a instance without any fed players in it.
And the KDF will not be able to craft in atleast a year i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-05-2010, 05:52 AM
You do realize these raids will be the following:

During your daily explorations you have a (slight) chance of a UFP Research station to spawn.. Think "clear the enemy base" mission, but with snomalies in place of "consoles" or better yet, anomalies hidding inside inactive consoles..

Enter system

Fly to base

Beam down

Kill spawn

Scan "database"

Kill spawn

Scan "database"

Kil..

You get the idea
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-05-2010, 12:53 PM
I do hope raids arent the only way my beloved faction acquires new tech...we do have highly capable scientist too.

but raids do sound cool.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-Brewster View Post
Will believe it when I see it, they can't even get 3 ships out to the KDF let alone anything else.
^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
I do hope raids arent the only way my beloved faction acquires new tech...we do have highly capable scientist too.

but raids do sound cool.
Whether this will actually happen or is just still a concept is unclear. They do say it will be coming and hopefully soon (yea...what's with them and that word?), and we can do some crafting, but to tell you the truth, I doubt it will make it in for season 3...I mean come on...it's all they can do to get us the promised refit/ethnic ships we were promised for season 2 out before season 3 ships out to tribble....

Don't waste time waiting for this one...That's my verdict...I'll eat cooked food (disgusting to KDF...well in shows..) if this idea actually turns out on time, with our ships...
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-13-2010, 08:35 AM
According to the latest Dstahl interview, its more than a concept. I look forward to it as a means of closing the gap in the Klingon/fedbear arms race. I doubt it is going to be released with season three in December, most likely season four in April of next year.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-Brewster View Post
Will believe it when I see it, they can't even get 3 ships out to the KDF let alone anything else.
Sadly I have to echo this sentiment as well.

Until we actually see it, there is no reason to believe it is any more than lip service. Granted, I think DStahl is trying to do right by the Klingons, but until the proof is in the pudding, there's no reason to believe anything will actually happen.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
Sadly I have to echo this sentiment as well.

Until we actually see it, there is no reason to believe it is any more than lip service. Granted, I think DStahl is trying to do right by the Klingons, but until the proof is in the pudding, there's no reason to believe anything will actually happen.
The idea he might actually do right by the KDF is still something that we have yet to see. Did he or did he not state that we would have ships by now? I was certain that at least we would have them to test by this time after moving the dates around not once, not twice, but 3 times. I tell you, at this point, I have pretty much stopped listening to what he says about when something is going to be released. It's like telling your children, "Ok, tomorrow we are going to go somewhere fun." and then not delivering...then moving the date, and then not delivering...After a time, the children are going to lose faith in you and there goes your credibility and authority. That is much the case here for alot of people.

It's all fine and dandy to have KDF crafting, but truth be told, I have been using fed fleeties with crafters to send me things from memory alpha to put on my KDF ships whilst leveling. It seems a reasonable proposition for us to just go ahead and do that instead of waiting for Cryptic to add crafting in any form to the game. In fact, speaking of promising to add rewards and rare items...weren't we promised an NPC to add the efficient impulse engines mk iv to our side since the quest reward didn't give them out to players who went through initially? And where is that person???????

Exactly.....