10-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Issue Summary:
===== Ticket Submission Data =====
Game: Star Trek Online
Platform: Not Selected
Category: Technical Issues
==========
Hello,

i like your game but when i play a mission where are Accolades/Exploration Accolades and miss it and dont know about it, is there any chance to make mission history and play a mission again to get Accolades/Exploration Accolades and not ask everyone to share the mission?

Thank you

Customer Service Responses:
Greetings, this is GM Dannkurt At this time, there is no such feature. However, I think that it is a good suggestion about replaying old missions, If you wish to discuss your feedback with the game community, we encourage you to do so on the official forums (which you can reach through the community link on the launcher). We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about replaying old mission to get Accolades/Exploration Accolades you missed and without asking every1 to share and hope some1 has it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Mission replay is planned for Season 3 (as I recall from reading the questions put to the executive producer Dstahl).

You can have low level players share the mission with you (for the SS Azura so to speak).
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
this should have been done from the start, it's not rocket science to know that people would like this as there is not enough missions to date
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-08-2010, 03:43 AM
As has been said, Cryptic are believed to be working on it already.

In the meantime, you can get the mission off a lower level player if you want to replay a specific one. I've got a Ferengi that has pretty much all the missions available now (I think), see this link for more information -

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=181761

Darren.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-08-2010, 04:20 AM
They've said it's coming since early on, it was supposed to be released in one of the season 1.x patches, but it's apparently tooooo haaaaard I'm at a total loss to what the barriers could possibly be besides one they created themselves with sloppy programming and design. The engine has the capability to make areas force your level-matching to a certain level (CO demonstrates this, was also briefly present in STO beta) so the issues with sidekicking and balance that they've cited don't make sense. It's not like NPCs change over levels, so it's not like anything needs to get rotated out...
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
They've said it's coming since early on, it was supposed to be released in one of the season 1.x patches, but it's apparently tooooo haaaaard I'm at a total loss to what the barriers could possibly be besides one they created themselves with sloppy programming and design. The engine has the capability to make areas force your level-matching to a certain level (CO demonstrates this, was also briefly present in STO beta) so the issues with sidekicking and balance that they've cited don't make sense. It's not like NPCs change over levels, so it's not like anything needs to get rotated out...
lol nah they just had to put it on the back burner with the romulans at the time to fix the pvp queues/balancing, season 2 bugorama day and are more focued on more current things, they'll get to it (incl sitting in chairs tech ). just gotta be patient lol.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
lol nah they just had to put it on the back burner with the romulans at the time to fix the pvp queues/balancing, season 2 bugorama day and are more focued on more current things, they'll get to it (incl sitting in chairs tech ). just gotta be patient lol.
No, they specifically said that they tried and couldn't get it to work right.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
No, they specifically said that they tried and couldn't get it to work right.
To be honest replayability is already in game - dalies, defends, explores. whats the one thing in common? the timer.. all they need to do is add the timer to the mission and there we have replayability, Dstahl used once per 30min as an example so why not, not that hard to do, thats why i said they put those on the back burner for now lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
To be honest replayability is already in game - dalies, defends, explores. whats the one thing in common? the timer.. all they need to do is add the timer to the mission and there we have replayability, Dstahl used once per 30min as an example so why not, not that hard to do, thats why i said they put those on the back burner for now lol
It should be that simple. The devs have said they tried and couldn't get it to work right. I'm not speculating here. I'm going off responses that have been given for why mission replay wasn't released when planned. I don't think that reflects very well on the competence of the team members involved, but that's how it went down. Sitting in chairs is on the back burner, but episode replay was pushed back because of failure.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Granted there are likely to be issues due to programing, but I would rather the game accidently giving me extra reward items (Maybe I wanted both the photon and quantom torpedos). If their are other issues, just being allowed to replay with minor hang-ups may be work the trouble. I personnaly would not be too troubled if there were serious game play issues.