Lt. Commander
So here's an odd one for you all.

I made myself an Alt about two weeks back and have been leveling slowly. Keep in mind my main PC is a VA. So I have done this once before without any problems. However this time when I zone into any instance in the Regulus Sector Block it freezes my PC and I have to hard reboot it. I only started having this problem about a week and a half ago. I thought naturally it was my PC and had it into the shop to be looked at. It all came back fine there's nothing wrong with my hardware or OS.

I am running an AMD Phenom 2 x4 965 3.40 GHz, 4.0GB of 1333 Hz DDR3 ram (can't recall the brand) Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with a Radeon HD 5770 1024meg video card. I have all the latest drivers installed for all my hardware.

Please keep in mind I have had no problems in any other zone in fact I just got done running all the content in Pi Canis Sector block and was on my way back threw to the Romulan front when I realized I needed to stop in the Celes System to pick up someone and boom PC froze when I zoned in.

If anyone can help I would be very thankful.

Much love,
Avalonia
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Corrupted map/texture data probably. Tried a force verify?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Just ran the forced Verify and loaded into the game. When I went to load into the Celes System my game did not even finish loading befor it froze. I never seem to be able to make it fully in befor the freezes and if I do the game will freeze as soon as I spawn in. Only thing I can think of that would be left is tossing the game out and reinstal. But I cannot see that helping as it Verified alright.

Much Love,
Avalonia
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2010, 06:40 PM
sometimes the force verify dowsn not always catch the file needing repair. What you can do is delete the hogg files in the /live/piggs folder then with force verify on have the patcher download new files.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Ok so I deleted the .hogg files and redownloaded them all. Logged in and froze my PC when I zoned into the Celes System. So I tossed everything out and reinstalled the game and tried again still froze my PC. I am starting to think this game hates altaholics.

Much Love,
Avalonia
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Not that then. This usually points to hardware or driver issues next, but if you've already eliminated those, it'll have to be something weird. You probably need to file a tech support ticket over here: http://www.atari.com/support/startrekonline#help

(Tell them everything you've done so far, they should be able to help you figure out what's going on)
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Just filed a ticket. Here's hopeing they can sort it out, I love playing alts but this really kills my drive to play knowing I'm loseing like 8 levels of content.

Thanks for the help from you both I'll post and let you know if it gets sorted out.

Much Love,
Avalonia