Lt. Commander
# 1 Value of Authenticity
10-03-2010, 03:18 AM
Hi Cryptic,

I was just in the process of kicking so Fek'lhri arse, when during the "Imperial Imperative" mission and came across something that raised my eyebrows - approaching the damaged Klingon Vessel, Khaless (Is he not dead?) says something regarding his ship as a "hunk of junk..."

FEEDBACK: Would a Klingon every refer to a command vessel as a "hunk of junk"? This statement does not tie into the Klingon sense of honour in the least.

SUGGESTION: Races each come with their own stories to tell. e.g. the Klingons vs. the Federation, the Federation vs. the Borg. Keep this in mind with the BO's and their species, including the player character. If a BO is a Borg or Breen and the dialogue relates to their race, allow them to display some sort of familiarity or "crisis of conscience". This will go along way to deepening their character in the game. Perhaps you could even occassionally introduce some side BO-orientated missions. Not full fledged missions, just something similar to the Deferi dailies.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
I was just in the process of kicking so Fek'lhri arse, when during the "Imperial Imperative" mission and came across something that raised my eyebrows - approaching the damaged Klingon Vessel, Khaless (Is he not dead?) says something regarding his ship as a "hunk of junk..."
Kahless is alive, or at least a clone of his is. This stems form the TNG episode "Rightful Heir."

Quote:
FEEDBACK: Would a Klingon every refer to a command vessel as a "hunk of junk"? This statement does not tie into the Klingon sense of honour in the least.
Klingon honor is a fairly subjective thing that seems to differ from Klingon to Klingon.
Lt. Commander
According to the original Mandel material, Klingon officers generally held their ships as personal, physical extensions of their honour. Those that were assigned to Frigates and Destroyers, were often relegated there as a form of punishment. D-70 Negh'Var, was the pride of the Klingon fleet, often serving as Flagship to the Chancellor.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
According to the original Mandel material, Klingon officers generally held their ships as personal, physical extensions of their honour. Those that were assigned to Frigates and Destroyers, were often relegated there as a form of punishment. D-70 Negh'Var, was the pride of the Klingon fleet, often serving as Flagship to the Chancellor.
His comment could be nothing more than a Klingon expressing his frustration about losing a fight, and taking out that frustration on his ship.

Similar to a mechanic who gets upset and hits an engine with a hammer. Everyone knows that only works on a Yugo or a Volkswagen Beetle, but for the most part, hitting a mechanical engine with a hammer is pointless. It's an act of frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
The Mandel works are considered soft canon. Soft canon can't be used as proof of anything any more then I can say that Kirk is still alive because his novels brought him back.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The Mandel works are considered soft canon. Soft canon can't be used as proof of anything any more then I can say that Kirk is still alive because his novels brought him back.
How on earth can early 70's manuscripts from the original series be soft cannon?