Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
I am science specced to take down shields with 2 tachyon beam (the bo skill) and charged particle burst. I specced tetryon because of the extra shield damage.

I can't change my tactical though as I rely heavily on High Yield Torpedo 1 and 2.

I suppose the extra hull damage would serve me well when I take down the shields. I might just do it just for a change.
Given your TB and CPB build, I'd definitely got with SOMEthing other than Tetryon - as I mentioned, once the shields are down, the Tet proc does nothing for you, except maybe against something with a high shield regen, to keep the "spikes" suppressed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-05-2010, 02:03 AM
There is one reason why I used to use Phaser Beams and Photon / Quantum Torpedo Launchers only on my cruiser while I was still active in-game. It's for the sake of Star Trek canon. Federation starships using Disruptor weapons and Plasma projectiles ... oh dear me, we are not the Romulans, we're Starf1337 ... you know what I mean.

So yeah, Phasers and Photons / Quantums for me anytime I'd play this game again in the future.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
There is one reason why I used to use Phaser Beams and Photon / Quantum Torpedo Launchers only on my cruiser while I was still active in-game. It's for the sake of Star Trek canon. Federation starships using Disruptor weapons and Plasma projectiles ... oh dear me, we are not the Romulans, we're Starf1337 ... you know what I mean.

So yeah, Phasers and Photons / Quantums for me anytime I'd play this game again in the future.
Eh, cannons were canon too (:p), used on the USS Defiant (and presumably on other ships of that class), and since Antiproton weapons are red (like most phasers) and Tetryon weapons are blue (like some old Phasers), you can just pretend.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Thiraas
Eh, cannons were canon too (:p), used on the USS Defiant (and presumably on other ships of that class), and since Antiproton weapons are red (like most phasers) and Tetryon weapons are blue (like some old Phasers), you can just pretend.
And Starfleet has been known to use tetryon based weapons. Tetryon pulse launchers were mentioned in Insurrection as a type of weapon carried aboard the Enterprise-E.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-05-2010, 02:03 PM
I am flying cruisers, so yeah, no cannons there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
I am flying cruisers, so yeah, no cannons there.
You can use the single cannons. They have a 180 degree firing arc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMord-ST
You can use the single cannons. They have a 180 degree firing arc.
Can also use turrets, which have a 360 arc. Lighter on damage obviously, but you can sustain your dps without having to worry about turning to face a potentially more maneuverable target.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Yes. I totally recommend them. For one of the simplest reasons of all. People tend to not utilize armor that resists Antiprotons much at all. People tend to shade their armor choices towards the ever popular Disruptor and Phaser weapon choices. Or just use the generic armor that gives a lower bonus to all weapon type damage.

So, setting aside alllllll of the other talk about AP weapons ... I recommend them because they tend to be defended against less often.
+1 what the old guy with white hair said. (I know that avatar is some TOS admiral or somebody, but he looks a lot like Leslie Nielson dressed up like Kirk for Halloween)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-07-2010, 11:12 AM
The non-trivial downside to AntiProton is the high skill point cost. You could almost do Phasers and Disruptors for the same cost.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-07-2010, 12:46 PM
What about AP ground weapons? At the moment I'm looking at a tactical officer fully skilled in Ground abilities, with the appropriate traits (Lucky) and the right armour. The one that gives increase crit chance, or maybe increased crit. Not sure which yet.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 PM.