Lt. Commander
# 1 Playable Romulans yet?
10-03-2010, 11:54 PM
I remember a long time ago, they were discussing it. Just got back into the game after a few months' hiatus, and I couldn't fin d anything about it on the forums. I know Romulans are NOT playable as of now, any talk about when they might be, if ever?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-04-2010, 12:05 AM
The Klingons are a "half-faction" right now, and you want another one introduced?! Good luck on that front. I highly doubt you'll see another playable faction for atleast 7 months to a a year ... and if it is sooner - then get your flame suits on, cause I think the Klingons will torch these forums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Last we've heard about Romulans was a post from Dstahl a couple of weeks back saying that it was his "wish" to see Romulans in game in a year. Purposely vague enough to not be a promise, and Dstahl at his most optomistic. Personally, with the current state of the Klingon faction, I don't think we'll see the Romulans for 18 months to 2 years.

A shame, but there you go.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-04-2010, 02:25 AM
It went from ready to rumble to a fond wish. :p

---
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-04-2010, 04:55 AM
The devs have already said that they're not going to be adding another faction to the game until the Klingons are brought up to the status of a full complete faction.

How many more broken, half complete factions do we really want in game anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-04-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
The devs have already said that they're not going to be adding another faction to the game until the Klingons are brought up to the status of a full complete faction.

Fortunately Cryptic makes only a few mistakes repeteadly.
Repeating what they did with the Klingons on the Romulans is fortunately not among them.
Assuming they have a team that develops concepts, like they've recently shown with the Tholians it
may take these people quite some time to nail down what ideas are godd or bad and see which concepts work or not.
I'd say if they're on it right now (though probably not exclusively, when you work on concepts for one topic for too long you start going crazy) I'd say it's a good timeframe and should allow them got get it done fairly well.
Give the folks time and the Romulans will outshine the Feds with fun and quality...assuming they're uncloaked when you look at them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealKillerSD
The Klingons are a "half-faction" right now, and you want another one introduced?! Good luck on that front. I highly doubt you'll see another playable faction for atleast 7 months to a a year ... and if it is sooner - then get your flame suits on, cause I think the Klingons will torch these forums.
Why would the KDF torch the forums over the Romulans? Hell if we don't fight for us as well as the other Non-fed factions, none may never see the light of day and be stuck in the limbo of "pvp-oriented".
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

Romulan
Cardassian
Borg
Undine

dumped with UGC missions... works for me
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Patience, all in good time if any faction is coming it will definitely be Romulans, I'm looking forward to playing as a Romulan myself.

Season 4 has been hinted for a possible release so @ the earliest I say minimum another 6-8 months whit, but their are no guarantees of course.

P.S.
I find it funny how the game is called a Star Trek & not Kling Trek so it's only logical that the Star Trek Side gets more attention 80% of people are simply Strar Trek fans who are here for the Star Trek experience "yes" it includes other races "no" they should never be the main focus point, "yes" they have the right to grow & evolve but, never never ever, of any, @ any expense of the Federation what is what the game is all about!!!