Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarfox
Is that right? Or is there some other thing I'm missing?
That's about it, though there are a few extremely awesome PvE story missions in every tier, too. I think you can take them at Lt10, LtC10 and Cdr10? Not sure. It's not much, but it's something to look forward to!

In addition to that, also take a look at what Roach quoted.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
What to do between PVP Ques...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

Enjoy
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Mostly what I want to do is get to Lt Cmdr so I can do the weekly stuff. But the only way I can see to do that right now, is with the Defend the Empire missions and hope that a PvP match actually happens.

Is that right? Or is there some other thing I'm missing?
No, that's pretty much it, except for warzones and fleet actions (though I can't remember which FAs are open to you at that level). Defend the Empire missions give pretty good XP. The only drawback is that they have a 5 minute reset timer - complete one, and you'll have to wait 5 minutes to get offered another.

My usual thing was to run a Defend, then drop into T'Ong to finish a set of 3 missions. Explores aren't that bad - if you get an outdoor "destroy X things" mission, beam out and pick up a new mission.

As I recall, Tier 1 PvP was fairly active as well.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
The only drawback is that they have a 5 minute reset timer
That, and they're boooooring. In Exploration I at least have a change in scenery and enemies, often enough also in tasks.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Play Dabo!
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
The Explore missions seems to be almost pointless to try since you can't scan for the objects. Unless I want to spend 20+ minutes trying to find all the objects.
Usually, much like the fed side, if you look at the mini map theres a "path" usually an oddly shaped and different coloured than the rest of the ground, pretty much everything will be along this path.

Having said that exploration missions will get you the marks which you can get some pretty good equips with while you're leveling up for nothing. I didnt spend any EC while leveling up since anything that was in price range on the exchange wasn't as good what you'd get from the exploration marks/badges/whatever they're called..