Lt. Commander
# 1 BO Mailing?
10-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Just curious as to when we will be able to mail BO's between our characters or to other players? This system of having to trade with someone log off and back on only to repeat the process just to transfer something to my other characters is a real pain. You can already drag and drop them into the mail slot so why not add in the code to mail them seems like a simple fix.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
I agree, its very annoying.

You probably already know, but you can mail BOs that have not yet been commissioned, the ones that sit in your assignment list who can train up or join. They can be mailed, but ones that have already joined a crew can't.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah the problem is I have officers I want to train things in and send to my other characters but its more hassle than its worth sumtimes to do that. Also have abilities not being used that I could use on another character and mailing them would be so quick and efficient.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-04-2010, 01:09 PM
am looking forward to it also.

it is in one of engineering reports, they will have a AH style selling of commissioned BO, yes that mean those you tried it with CRF3.

when they add that feature, you can simply buy your own BO like we can already do now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-04-2010, 02:24 PM
But the problem with 'mailing' BOs to Alt characters is that Email could then be used for 'storage' purposes, getting around the limitation of BO 'Slots' (where additional Slots are 'sold' in the C-Store)....

What's really needed is the ability to Email a 'training token' which could be created at some cost of merits and ECs by a qualified character with trainable skills ability, that could be 'redeemed' for a BO by Officier Skill train.

A 'Transfer Token' would also be similar, being emailed to an Alt, and 'redeemed' at the BO requisition office. The comissioned BO will still occupy his original 'Slot' until the 'Transfer Token' is 'redeemed' by the receiver....
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
But the problem with 'mailing' BOs to Alt characters is that Email could then be used for 'storage' purposes, getting around the limitation of BO 'Slots' (where additional Slots are 'sold' in the C-Store)....

What's really needed is the ability to Email a 'training token' which could be created at some cost of merits and ECs by a qualified character with trainable skills ability, that could be 'redeemed' for a BO by Officier Skill train.

A 'Transfer Token' would also be similar, being emailed to an Alt, and 'redeemed' at the BO requisition office. The comissioned BO will still occupy his original 'Slot' until the 'Transfer Token' is 'redeemed' by the receiver....

Yeah I guess I could see that as being an issue, although one could argue the same thing about mailing regular items as well. Perhaps put an expiration date on the item in your inbox after which it gets sent back to the original sender. Seems people are using every option to store stuff they own, think the bank could use some extra slots maybe a few tabs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
You could store them, but not use them (i.e switch them out on the fly), so it would hardly matter. Might as well worry about storing them on a mule character, which you could still do with the tokens.