Lt. Commander
Hi all,

Setting aside the game mechanics for the experts, can someone please tell me why the PvP queue system cannot at least lump similar levels together in PUG's?

I'm generally a PUG-kinda guy and enjoy playing with new people - but often end up against a team stacked with +6 - +9 levels higher than the group. There is absolutely no strategy possible to play these odds. I have tried everything.

I'm quiet happy to concede that there are exceptional players out there, and my hats off to you. [* solemn bow]

SUGGESTION: Devise a queue system based on your levels and track-record. It would allow players to earn recognition in the game. The better you get, the better the rewards and etc. Perhaps incorporate a "most-wanted" component for the truly magnificent players. (Sigh, its sadly not me.) These guys should received 100% unique, one-of-a-kind ships templates for their efforts and hard work.

This would also allow players that are not that compeditive (me, me, me!) or experienced to play against likeminded people wanting to the learn the mechanics. I have been playing for nearly half-a-year, and there are days I feel like a delated-newbie, crying "injustice". Is this Star Trek Online (only like the best game in the frigging universe), or Macbeth
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
At lower levels then MAX Rank PvP you hardly find any games so this is hard to achieve and at Max Rank there is no problem with it. The PvP population in lower levels is dropping since ~3-4 Weeks after launch and getting worse every day. While leveling up my Klingon Toon Ve'Klah the last few weeks i was happy to at least get some Matches even if there where lots of Fed (but also Klingons) with mentioned +9. But at least i got some matches and EXP. Klingon leveling Content is so rare that i was thankful for every single EXP earned via PvP even with a disadvantage in spent skillpoints.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-05-2010, 09:42 AM
honestly the level difference isnt all that big an issue, do they have an advantage? yes but it is pretty minor. Now since you pug mostly it can be worse but that isnt due to level difference it is due to pug players that try to play rambo and win the match alone. Stick together and protect eachother and the levels wont matter. And no I am not saying you are 1 of those rambos, I don't know you but have played with and against enough of them at all levels to know that they ruin a group and make it hard for good players to make up for their crappiness.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
honestly the level difference isnt all that big an issue, do they have an advantage? yes but it is pretty minor. Now since you pug mostly it can be worse but that isnt due to level difference it is due to pug players that try to play rambo and win the match alone. Stick together and protect eachother and the levels wont matter. And no I am not saying you are 1 of those rambos, I don't know you but have played with and against enough of them at all levels to know that they ruin a group and make it hard for good players to make up for their crappiness.
Very good advise.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-05-2010, 06:39 PM
While I kind of like the OP's suggestion, the problem is that we don't seem to have enough PvPers to support it.

That said, I run against +5s and higher fairly routinely, and there doesn't really seem to be that much of an offset between a +5 and, say, a -2. In fact, I've seen clever teams "bait" with a well-supported lowbie to good effect :p