Lt. Commander
# 1 BOs in Store?
09-04-2010, 07:15 AM
OK. I'm getting fed up with the naked abject greed of people in the Exchange. I would rather spend real money getting something I want from the store than paying millions of in game credits for it. The time value is simply not there for me given I'm a very busy person in RL with a wife and kids and two companies I own. Moreover I have lots of disposal money to burn on things that fit my fancy such as STO. Shoot I have purchased everything in the store already to support you folks.

Consequently, I was wondering if since you folks are dead set on stocking the Store with lots of items that cant be earned in game as promised (yet) how about stocking it with something that can be earned in game such as BOs?

I was think you could have people select a race at the same price of a toon race, select its gender and then charge say 100 points for each level of rarity. It is a win/win for you and for the players. Hell it might even have the effect of lowering the astronomical prices of BOs in the exchange too boot!

I would really rather not buy credits from nefarious third parties if you know what I mean but I'm really getting frustrated not being able to get the bridge crew I want to RP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-04-2010, 07:16 AM
Have to agree 500 points for a caitain bridge crew would be a good price for me
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I know several in my fleet that would also pony up for Caitain crews.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Have to say I agree
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-04-2010, 07:15 PM
I'd pay for Caitian BOffs too! And for the Klingon cats too... that I seem to remember having seen as coming in August along with Telaxians and the Nebula class ship....
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-04-2010, 07:42 PM
And i'm getting fed up with players encouraging and supporting a bad buisness model.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
And i'm getting fed up with players encouraging and supporting a bad buisness model.
Who is encouraging bad practices? As much as I dont like the idea of a store for a sub based game, As long as something is obtainable in game then I really dont see an issue (other than extravagant pricing model) with a shop to be frank. I say this as one of the biggest opponents against the store in the first place.

In short, putting stuff in the shop without a reasonable way to get said items in game, especially if they have a direct impact on game play, is a bad business model in my opinion. I think I have been pretty damn clear about that in many posts.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Yes
09-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Let me pick the race and sex and make the very race. If there something special like Purple Andorian Yes I would be happy to pay for that. Also some way to trade up the common that a player gets for becoming a ambassador I would pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-06-2010, 06:05 AM
The only BO i would actually be willing to pay real money for in the C-Store would be a 100% customizable BO... From Traits, to skills, to texture color, and decide if it had a cat, human or gorn head.

I'd even be willing to toss out 250 C Points for it (that i got for free with my preorder)

Untill that happens... Not gonna happen.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-06-2010, 06:19 AM
This all is just a small part of a much bigger problem as far as the exchange.................GREED.

I would never post anything for an uber rediculous amount on the exchange. Even though I want the quick EC (everyone does) it's just plain unrealistic to expect someone to pay an ungoddly amount for something you could really use.

Even the heavy purp weapons in game are stupidly priced with even dumber individuals feeding this madness by paying for it.

It puts much into perspective. I would rather sell an item/BO for a reasonable price than to gouge the community because I think i need that much EC's.

I am forced to say if such a thing did hit the store I would have to purchase as well due to time being a factor and availability of the type I wanted.

It's silly little things of this nature that make the game a hassle, especially for low end chars grinding their way up. Granted at VA I have no problem getting EC's. Even with an abundance of such paying such a high amount is lunacy. I understand the time involved to earn such things...however fairness would be a pleasant change of pace. As it stands, I stopped going to the exchange all together.