Lt. Commander
# 11
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM
While I'm glad there is a dialog I'm not impressed at all with this or most of these interviews Cryptic does. They usually all boil down to this type of Q & A.

Q: Will you fix X? People think its not as good as it should be.
A: Yes we have will fix X.

Well of course Cryptic is going to say Yes. What are they going to do say no? Even when they put something on indefinite hold the answer is still Yes. Just "Yes, we will eventually fix X"

I wish these these types of interviews had some new info revealed in them. Then maybe I would feel better about the way things are going.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Promises... Promises... This game has been out for almost 9 months and my ship is still getting stuck on Hotep system or those awful poles and rings in sector space, not to even mention the whole Instance structure is terrible. Is it too much to ask for to control the ship from the bridge, customize our ships, or even sit in chairs. Come on, why does it feel like there is more unfinished details in STO than finished? Stop teasing us with shinny new toys and just finish what is already here.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Stahl
and as mentioned in the State of the Game, we will be supporting the KDF as a PVP faction and cleaning up the PVE missions that were created for them to play.
Cryptic, sorry to complain but what is this in red? Reminded me of Beta when mass revolts erupted over the PvP Only Faction announcement. I know it couldn't be helped due to launch obligations but this continues to be a mistake it seems.

For goodness sake, just commit to adding more KDF Only PvE slowly over time - a couple missions every few months would be progress. UGC is going to help but it's never going to take place of brand new, wonderful and professional content that you the developers can create. Faction Neutral Episodes are appreciated but it still doesn't scratch the itch for uniquely Klingon stories.

I know you're tired of hearing this argument but it will continue from me and many other players until we see a change in direction.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-06-2010, 12:54 AM
"There are approximately 3800 locations you can visit in the Star Trek Online universe."

3700 of which are probably craptastic exploration cluster missions. I wouldn't actually count those beyond the like half a dozen different ones there are since the rest just have different skins.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleacoe View Post
Promises... Promises... This game has been out for almost 9 months and my ship is still getting stuck on Hotep system or those awful poles and rings in sector space, not to even mention the whole Instance structure is terrible. Is it too much to ask for to control the ship from the bridge, customize our ships, or even sit in chairs. Come on, why does it feel like there is more unfinished details in STO than finished? Stop teasing us with shinny new toys and just finish what is already here.
Exactly what I said in my post on the first page, but you said it without using a massive chunk of text
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-06-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryxx View Post
If implemented properly, UGC could be the single greatest feature of STO next to the ship combat. (Let's face it: if ship combat currently sucked, very few of us would still be lingering around!)

I've been looking forward to UGC ever since it was first hinted at, and have several storylines in mind. I just hope I'm able to realize them in the way I'd like to, and not have to compromise away all the finer points in order to accomodate the tools supplied.

I am very, VERY glad to read there will be some kind of rating and approval system, and the ability for Cryptari to remove any trash that ends up on the mission list. If we are able to rate and/or review (preferably both) every UGC mission for other players to see, (and vote on removing the very bad or offensive ones,) it will keep the UGC top-quality and brimming with excellent stories and missions.

Dissapointing to hear that any ship interior functionality has been pushed back, I so long for something to do on that ship besides swap items off a very few shelves. If this delay furthers the release of UGC, however, then I'll be patient.
Believe it or not UGC worries me. I just think about what happened in City of Heroe's when they added it. UGC will end up like the Apple App store. 75% of it will be junk and dev.content will be slow in coming.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikura
Believe it or not UGC worries me. I just think about what happened in City of Heroe's when they added it. UGC will end up like the Apple App store. 75% of it will be junk and dev.content will be slow in coming.
as long as cryptic keeps up with the weekly episodes and work on what dstahl said they are going to do. then i dont see you having an issue. as for the ugc yes there will be bad missions created by alot of people but there will also be awesome missions created by alot of people. remember people that love star trek have a very active imagination, i think as long as dstahl stays on top of the things he says he going to do this game could be outstanding. i am expecting awesomeness.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
Although I like the idea of Holonovels, I think that it is more a foundation then a solution. As a foundation it superb and should be the place all new UGC should end up. But with the ranking system that Cryptic is implementing where we get to rank each UGC mission I suggest that those that gets high rankings should be moved from the Holodeck in to the "real" world.
I share your opinion on the holonovels, while at the same time i think it is something of importance for those that wish to create such content. Iam sure that the UGC will simply be an work in progress and things become available they will be released. As well and iam not sure if i stated this in the forums or this thread but i would welcome an UGC that is a learning curve, so that we recieve good and dynamic instead of poor quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
While I'm glad there is a dialog I'm not impressed at all with this or most of these interviews Cryptic does. They usually all boil down to this type of Q & A.

I wish these these types of interviews had some new info revealed in them. Then maybe I would feel better about the way things are going.
We understand your position, the problem is that with all interviews we can only hope to get what we ask in the interview process. As in all areas of media when one is doing an interview, you hope to simply get what you are hoping to get but it doesn't work out that way. It is unfortunate, however be appreciate that Dan is doing all that he is doing in regards to talking on the forums to doing interviews. As well, i think that Dan has a plan from talking with him and i think that STO is in good hands, far better than what they were and i suspect with Roper gone and that of Jack which i think were the problems behind alot of what we have seen in STO. Change of the guard is a welcoming change for the better, give them time and they will do what they can, be constructive and helpful and iam not saying you are iam simply stating that forever one in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Cryptic, sorry to complain but what is this in red? Reminded me of Beta when mass revolts erupted over the PvP Only Faction announcement. I know it couldn't be helped due to launch obligations but this continues to be a mistake it seems.

I know you're tired of hearing this argument but it will continue from me and many other players until we see a change in direction.
I completely share you opinion, though again i think that the UGC will help in this area to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikura
Perhaps we should create and build and central location for all ideas, creative, constructive in the means of creating good solid content? OPG is looking at something along those lines as we speak, many of us are former modders from older titles and so we want to see the same in which you wish to see good solid content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
as long as cryptic keeps up with the weekly episodes and work on what dstahl said they are going to do. then i dont see you having an issue. as for the ugc yes there will be bad missions created by alot of people but there will also be awesome missions created by alot of people. remember people that love star trek have a very active imagination, i think as long as dstahl stays on top of the things he says he going to do this game could be outstanding. i am expecting awesomeness.
I share this opinion as well, i think that Dan has a good lay out plan ahead of him and i look forward to seeing what he is proposing. What many need to also realize and this is an general statement is that CBS is still having to approve things that are released, as we don't know how far and deep that goes but people need to realize that it exist between Cryptic and CBS. I can agree, iam sure as some of you will as well agree that you would like to expect that Cryptic gets it right by the IP, that is after all why we are all here still dedicated to STO?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
The majority of people want the UGC to be released with a Holo novel format and have been saying so on the forums, but as far as i can tell there has been no indication that the devs have paid any attention to this.

Im concerned that if this is new project blows up in their faces through not listening to their player base, that it will get dropped and left in a half finished state in favour of some new project much in the same way so many others have.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854

Oh and PS, for gods sake please have the UGC content released in the "format" of Holo novels, the day we start getting UGC "real world" missions is the day STO starts to lose credibility. If they are released via our ships holodeck you can start an economy for extra programs (custom packs such as props etc much like Little Big Planet). People already complain about "loss of immersion, whats it gonna be like when we are able to do "real world" UGC missions to fly to planet Bobbiton and make first contact with the Bobbits chieftain Frobbo and help him take is all powerful Bracelet to the volcano of death etc

Holonovels is the way to go.
OFT. I 100% agree with this. It'd be great for the economy.